Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Are you going to buy the Nintendo Switch?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    yes, after i see more games at E3. Shin Megami Tensei sold me on it though.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    No, the system is an epic mess on all levels.

Some of the games look good but I'm not interested at all on the system they are for.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I'd love to play Zelda, but this thing is way overpriced and underspecced. I really don't understand what Nintendo were thinking. And how is that 32GB of memory meant to work? I have single games on the ps4 that take up more memory than that.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    edited January 2017
    Poor line up of games at launch. Under powered as a console. Price above Xbox One S and PS4. From what I have been reading the custom Tegra is based on the X1 tegra but lower clock speed so it doesn't use battery too fast. Nintendo could be making the same mistakes from the past but I hope it is successful for them as I love their games. If it does fail maybe they will continue making games on other platforms. I bought the Wii U and its failed so I will wait this time to see what happens. I will get the Wii U Zelda.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    As said in the other thread, part of the reason I value the Switch is the fact that it's functionally the Shield 2, and once it's hacked to run a standard Android OS, it will be usable with programs like Moonlight to stream all your PC games alongside it's functionality as a Nintendo device.

Basically I think of it as the next high-end tablet/mobile streaming and gaming device for me.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    No, but then I am so out of touch with consoles that I thought that the Nintendo Switch was. ....... well a switch and not a console.
  • Master_PantzMaster_Pantz Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited January 2017
    Yes, but they really are milking us for all they can get. $300 for console, $30 for Joy-Con Charging dock controller (the one included with the console is a dock without charging feature), $70 for Pro controller, $80 for extra set of Joy-Cons + another $30 for additional charging dock controller. Not to mention Paid online service and apparently you need a  smart phone to use voice chat.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited January 2017
    Maybe in a year or two I will look at it again and see where it is.  To many systems launch giving all these promises with this great list of games.  Then nothing, a couple games here or there that peak my interest.  I have just about stopped playing consoles altogether at this point.  I own just about every console ever released to include a couple that didn't release in the states.  The only console I don't own that I can think of is the X-box One.  Just gotten tired of all the hype anymore.  I also don't play mobile either which is a neat thing with this console in particular, I want big screens as I am getting older.  I do hope this does well though for those that are really looking forward to it.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    got a good pc so no.... that like going 4k to 720pixel... or going playstation 4 to playstation 1

why i would downgrade ?? got a top pc ... they have use shit spec... would have buy one if the hardware was like the ps4 or xbox one because i prefer nintendo... but they release something even worst that both these system....

it will fail big
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Nope. Would play Zelda for nostalgia but not for that price.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Sorry but last good thing Nintendo did was SNES.  Good luck everyone who buys it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    filmoret said:
    Sorry but last good thing Nintendo did was SNES.  Good luck everyone who buys it.
    Pretty much every console since has had hardly any selection of games.  Yes, you can generally expect to see Zelda, Mario, DK, Kart, and the usual suspects on every iteration.

But, who remembers how many games they had on the SNES?  They used to publish all kinds of third-party games, etc., for their consoles.  They used to actually make an effort...
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Nintendo?  I want a puke just by saying this.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    The thing that is breaking this for me is the complete drought of games and the absolute absurd cost of the peripherals. 
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    hail nah...if i was to buy anything remotely close to a console it would be a nvida shield/tv ...nintendo always playing catch up..they havent brought out a good system since snes lol
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I have it on pre-order but think it's 75-25 that I cancel before launch.  Here's why:

• They are priced too high at $300.  Their sweet spot was $200.  Instead they are now $50 over PS4 and XBO
    • Launch titles are slim so far.  Other than Zelda but we already have a Wii and Wii-U so can pick it up for that system
    • Games and accessories are expensive.  Seriously.. buying the system plus one game and a second controller will run $440 plus tax.  That's a lot for a system lacking in power and without a killer exclusive title.
    • Self developed Games like ARMS that were hyped in the stream seem underwhelming.

Is there even a pack in game?  I think the Wii was such a hit because it came with Wii Sports and really highlighted the Wii motes.

I really thought they needed to come in around $200 or at least $250 and have had Mario ready for launch.  I'm really not seeing much reason to grab it at launch vs waiting for the inevitable price drop and see what other games are actually out by the holidays.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Not at that price for only one game (Zelda.)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I haven't seen much of anything I'm remotely interested in with this console, and I already have Skyrim....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I want to say "Yes", i really do, but something happened to Nintendo, they've become absolutely afraid of Mature and obscure game genres- yet again.

Games from Atlus and Square seem to be the closet we'll get to dark and mature; but Gamecube had by far the best variety of game genre's that we've seen since the NES days.

I just really need more variety from Nintendo before i buy another system from them.

Persona:Q on the 3Ds is what keeps me going so far.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    No. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Yes,

I play games that are good, not edgy, cool or 'mature.'

Also, lol at system elitism, true gamers have as much platforms as possible...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited January 2017
    Even though the only console in my home is the original Wii, the next one will be purchased as a way to enjoy motion-played games. There are enough computers, tablets, etc. that if a console wants to be played people need to get off their duff ;)
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    lahnmir said:
    Yes,

I play games that are good, not edgy, cool or 'mature.'

Also, lol at system elitism, true gamers have as much platforms as possible...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    In my house I currently have a WII, a WII U, 2 XBOs, a PS4, 3 3DS, 4 PCs, 1 iPad, 3 iPad mini, and 5 iPhones.    I have the Switch on Pre-Order just in case things change but why would I buy this platform currently?  What does it offer over the other systems listed?  Even the key launch game (Zelda) will be available on the Wii-U.  

It's not about elitism... it's about the lack of a compelling reason to buy.  Particularly at a premium price to the PS4 and XBO.

They shot themselves in the foot with the price and by not having Mario available at launch.  The $80 price of an extra controller hurts them a bunch too.   And is there a pack-in game announced?  When a parent spends $300 on such a system I think they at least plan to have their kids be able to use it without investing another $60 in a game (and maybe another $80 on a second joy-con)

If they had Mario bundled as their launch title this thing would have flown off the shelves, even at $300.   But that's not the case right now.  Maybe by the holidays but then they will run into the next gen machines like XBox Scorpio and maybe finally some ready for prime-time VR.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file