Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dark and Light Screenshots - Factions/Main Menu, Game Map, UI - 1/11/2017 - Couresty of Victor_Z

2»

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    Any idea how they will setup the realms?  Will it be like Minecraft where I buy a realm?  Will there be any official realms?
    Yeah it'll be like Minecraft in a sense where you'll be able to own your own Private Server. Private Servers were confirmed recently, however there should also be official servers as well, similar to Ark and other survival sandboxes but (hopefully) with a lot more slots for players.
    Can you move characters between servers by chance?
    Last time I checked characters would be locked to each individual server, but if server transfers of some kind end up being a thing before EA hits we should find out about it pretty quickly.
    Well I guess we will see.   Do you know anything about how the crafting will be?  How in-depth it will be or will it be very simple like Minecraft when it comes to armor and weapons? 

Sorry for the super late reply, but last time the crafting system was remarked on to my knowledge it seemed like it'd be more similar to Ark: Survival Evolved or Empyrion: Galactic Survival in the way that you get recipes. You spend points as you level up to go through a skill tree and earn crafting recipes and then work on those at whatever bench is needed for what you need to make.
    will gear have different stats and are there different materials that you will use?  
    The materials were confirmed to go by Tiers, along with the gathering/crafting tools so that leads me to believe the gear will go by tiers as well. So you'll probably see things like copper>iron>steel>etc or something like that. And yes gear for sure will have different stats.
    Sweet.  Will there be a way to sell to other players for a currency?  What I am thinking is, could I become a Crafter that sells my wares and become someone like I was on SWG where I was well know for my weapons I sold?
    Yep there's going to be a currency in the game. You shouldn't have any issues being a crafter and selling your wares.
    Please post more information as you learn of it please.  Thank you very much.
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    edited January 2017
    danwest58 said:
    I'll do my best, it looks like from yesterday's Q&A that we got some more confirmation on the material tiers. Quote from Horsejoke:

Horsejoke-Yesterday at 5:53 PM

@RP girl Vorkrunne Re: Building structure and character customization - There are various material tiers, as well as a few castle-tier material groups that you can make massive structures with. Right now furnishings are limited since we want the functionality done first. As far as your question on character customization, you can still make reasonably fat characters with the character creator.

danwest58 said:
    I'll do my best, it looks like from yesterday's Q&A that we got some more confirmation on the material tiers. Quote from Horsejoke:

@RP girl Vorkrunne Re: Building structure and character customization - There are various material tiers, as well as a few castle-tier material groups that you can make massive structures with. Right now furnishings are limited since we want the functionality done first. As far as your question on character customization, you can still make reasonably fat characters with the character creator.

It would be cool if we could put vendors around our house to sell our stuff.

Can people on a PVE server break into someone elses house and steal their shit?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

Yeah sell to who... the other 50 people on the server?

If the server pop is kept to a very low number, the whole point of vendors is moot
    If it's anything like the ARK PVE servers, then vendors will be pointless. The established players on those ARK servers have so much stuff they just give it away for free to newbies.
    DMKano said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

Yeah sell to who... the other 50 people on the server?

If the server pop is kept to a very low number, the whole point of vendors is moot
    Yea but what if the Caps are 1000 or more?  There has been rumors that caps are around 500 to 1000 people