Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is GW2 the most immersive MMO out in terms of the world?

1235»

Comments

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    H0urg1ass said:
    No MMORPG with furry rodents as a playable character could even remotely approach immersive for me.  I always see those races and roll my eyes.

For me, the most immersive game that I've played is Age of Conan.  They really captured the flavor of Robert E Howard's stories and they weren't PC about it and they didn't sugar coat it.
    Huh? What furry rodents? You mean the Charr? they are dogs arnt they?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited January 2017
    I didnt feel any immersion in this game at all....The graphics were fine but graphics mean nothing to me in terms of gameplay....I found GW2 to be just another WoW clone with events to be honest....Absolutely nothing special about it whatsoever.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Loke666 said:
    It is because of that silly difficult nerf after beta weekend 1. People couldn't stand that they could get less then gold or even fail DEs after trying their best, even in low level zones.

I like GW2 but the open world zones and personal story is way too easy. They had things just right and then listened to the nerf whiners... Not the first or last MMO that have happened to.
    I suspect most people mini-max which makes them OP and complain about content being too easy.  I play the builds I like and don't dedicate myself to grinding out the latest gear and weapons.  So I'm not OP but have lots of fun playing the way I want.  It can be really hard to balance between players who play with optimized builds and players who play the way they want to play even if it's not the fotw build.  
    Uhm, I did get a character to max in the open world with the starting gear (it was rather fun really), I died a little but not overly much. It is incredibly much easier then GW besides fractals and the few raids.

So, yeah it is still too easy, optimal builds or not. I do not check the net for builds, just pick the skills I like. While I in theory could have optimal builds on all my 10 maxed characters (the ones of the same classes have very different builds) that is not likely.

The first beta week were a very different matter, it was challenging and more fun. I do like like GW2 but I would like it far more if they added a hard mode server, just like you can play the GW zones in hardmode. GW have also been pretty nerfed though but nowhere near GW2.

Getting the right difficulty is not that easy but before GW2 released ANET were known to make things challenging but not time consuming.

Get me right, I like GW2 and think it is a good game. Increasing particularly the open worlds difficulty but also the dungeons needs to be done though as well as they need  to make the combat group dynamics somewhat better with more cooperation, the whole "lets stand on the same place and stack our buffs" is a rather bad mechanic that steals a lot of the fun. 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Always loved GW2's world.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

certainly in the top 3 IMO, specially the low level zones, where there is room to enjoy it

my choice for first would prolly be EVE..that thing is almost as scary, as real life

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    For me it was definitely not immersive. Found it to be really boring actually. Cities were well made though.