Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned to WoW after a couple years.

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
Where to start, let me just say, the MoP Expansion killed it for me, now I am back since there have been 2 more expansions released.

Well as I said its been sometime since I trekked through WoW and finally got to 100 doing WoD for the last couple weeks.

Since the release of the LEGION expansion is it necessary to complete all WoD content once I hit level 100 and there on?

I still have tons of missions to complete in WoD and are they mandatory to do before going into the LEGION expansion?

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Comments

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    You can start Legion at level 98. Just visit the quarter master outside Orgrimmar or on the docks in Stormwind and you can either do the instanced scenario that sets the story for Legion or choose to skip it and be teleported straight to Dalaran. Once in Dalaran you should be aproached by an NPC that will give you a quest to visit your new class order hall and thats pretty much how you begin Legion. 
    Any remaining quests you have for WoD can be deleted if you wish, they are not necessary  ;) 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Well tell us your impressions about WoW 2017 compared to MOP.
    I still hope Blizzard turns around this bloody game one day, but it is difficult to find new info about WoW in this forum nowadays.
    I have a hate/love relationship with this game and sometimes I am tempted to come back, but then I remember the reasons why I left and my enthusiasm dies down pretty fast.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Thanks Kunai_Vax and I totally understand ste2000. I been playing AO and STO for some time now and just need a break from them, thought I jump back into WoW and see the difference since MoP. It so hard to jump into another mmo you knew so much back then, but once you get back into it, your totally lost.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Just started back up. Only been going a couple days at this point, but the expansion seems to improve over the previous few expansions by leaps and bounds. I've only been going for 3 or 4 hours at this point, but looks like they fixed professions from WoD, too, which is the one thing in that expansion that turned me right off, I didn't even finish it. The Artifact system seems cool, too, although I don't entirely understand it yet. Do I ever get any weapon other than an artifact form here on out? If so, why would I? So many bonuses, lol. I try to distance myself from games when I take time off, so when I return it's like a rediscovery, and Legion seems to have a lot to rediscover with it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    CrazKanuk said:
    Just started back up. Only been going a couple days at this point, but the expansion seems to improve over the previous few expansions by leaps and bounds. I've only been going for 3 or 4 hours at this point, but looks like they fixed professions from WoD, too, which is the one thing in that expansion that turned me right off, I didn't even finish it. The Artifact system seems cool, too, although I don't entirely understand it yet. Do I ever get any weapon other than an artifact form here on out? If so, why would I? So many bonuses, lol. I try to distance myself from games when I take time off, so when I return it's like a rediscovery, and Legion seems to have a lot to rediscover with it. 
    At level 100 you'll get your first artifact weapon. Then at 102 you can get the artifact weapons for your other specs. Once you have all of them, those will be your weapons for the entirety of Legion.
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    At level 100 you'll get your first artifact weapon. Then at 102 you can get the artifact weapons for your other specs. Once you have all of them, those will be your weapons for the entirety of Legion.

That's kinda what I figured. I was like, "I don't really care if this hits like a wet noodle, there is just too much tied to it to let it go." I'm assuming the iLvl will upgrade though? 

Also, while it's a pretty cool system, I don't know what I think about binding the system to a weapon. Like what if I wanted to change a secondary stat? It's not the end of the world, and I think that the trait system outweighs the negatives, just interesting they'd bind it to a weapon. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    CrazKanuk said:
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:

That's kinda what I figured. I was like, "I don't really care if this hits like a wet noodle, there is just too much tied to it to let it go." I'm assuming the iLvl will upgrade though? 

Also, while it's a pretty cool system, I don't know what I think about binding the system to a weapon. Like what if I wanted to change a secondary stat? It's not the end of the world, and I think that the trait system outweighs the negatives, just interesting they'd bind it to a weapon. 
    Yeah the ilvl will increase when you put relics into the weapon. You start off with 2 relic slots. after you reach 110 and finish your class campaign you'll unlock the 3rd relic slot. Honestly I've liked the system less and less as time goes on. One of the fun things for me has always been getting new gear and weapon upgrades. Being stuck with the same weapon feels dull.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    The game is 12 years old now...Arent you guys tired of it?......I was bored of it many years ago.
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Yeah the ilvl will increase when you put relics into the weapon. You start off with 2 relic slots. after you reach 110 and finish your class campaign you'll unlock the 3rd relic slot. Honestly I've liked the system less and less as time goes on. One of the fun things for me has always been getting new gear and weapon upgrades. Being stuck with the same weapon feels dull.

But it's ALMOST a skill system! It's actually, literally, more of a skill system then the actual skill system, lol. It remains to be seen if it will allow for differentiation or not. I see the usual suspects (WowHead, Noxxic, Icy Veins) offering artifact specs. Do people boot you from a group for your artifact spec yet? I feel like as soon as that happens, the system is doomed.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    CrazKanuk said:
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Forgrimm said:
    CrazKanuk said:

But it's ALMOST a skill system! It's actually, literally, more of a skill system then the actual skill system, lol. It remains to be seen if it will allow for differentiation or not. I see the usual suspects (WowHead, Noxxic, Icy Veins) offering artifact specs. Do people boot you from a group for your artifact spec yet? I feel like as soon as that happens, the system is doomed.
    General view: its an RNG system within an RNG system within an RNG system. 
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Gonna ask a dumb question.. So there is no need to build your Garrison from WoD expansion to benefit in Legion expansion? Skip WoD content and go directly to Legion after level 100?
    <snip>

gervaise1 said:
    No, it isn't. At all.

Be that as it may there are usually several threads on the first page of the forums - and more on other pages asking:
    • "How to get a Legendary" and people responding that its an RNG just do stuff and you will get one (obvious answers imo) 
    • How to get the Legendary that you want 
    • How to get the one with the stats you want / wanted to try the new spec but the stats on my artifact are not appropriate etc.
    Are these "valid" criticisms? Still being made this long after launch. That can be debated. Blizzard is making changes however to some aspects.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    gervaise1 said:
    <snip>

gervaise1 said:
    No, it isn't. At all.

Be that as it may there are usually several threads on the first page of the forums - and more on other pages asking:
    • "How to get a Legendary" and people responding that its an RNG just do stuff and you will get one (obvious answers imo) 
    • How to get the one with the stats you want / wanted to try the new spec but the stats on my artifact are not appropriate etc.
    Are these "valid" criticisms? Still being made this long after launch. That can be debated. Blizzard is making changes however to some aspects.
    Except that we are talking about artifact weapons, and not legendary items ;)
    It's obvious you aren't playing the game and are confusing and intermixing two totally different things.
    Yeah, after reading a few of these posts i have to wonder how many are actually posting with zero experience actually playing Legion  O.o

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    The game is 12 years old now...Arent you guys tired of it?......I was bored of it many years ago.

Weird how not everyone is the same.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I've vowed that the only way I'd come back and play WoW is when Sargeras is the last boss.
    gervaise1 said:
    <snip>

gervaise1 said:
    No, it isn't. At all.

Except that we are talking about artifact weapons, and not legendary items ;)
    It's obvious you aren't playing the game and are confusing and intermixing two totally different things.
    I missed this reply! I understand the difference. I was quoting from threads in the forum as is clear if you read my post. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Soki123 said:

Weird how not everyone is as (insert here)
    Intelligent, perceptive, knowledgeable, cultured, elite, enlightened, or wise.  ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon