Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are thinking about trying this game.....

2»

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited January 2017
    jesad said:
    ste2000 said:
    jesad said:

Don't know why you want to make me go to the tape dude but I'm gonna be honest, I feel manipulated right now LOL.  I said I wasn't gonna argue for this game but I can't just let you say stuff that you know is markedly not true.

The following link is to the first dungeon you hit at level 20.  It is not an easy dungeon and it is not a soloable dungeon.

https://youtu.be/_Y0MWGDS8QU

Yeah, problem dude is that no one would do Dungeons as everyone was busy soloing the fuck out of the game.
    Which is my point, when I said the game is ultra casual, no one felt the need to do any group activities (like dungeons).

I am aware that Dungeons and Raids are actually really challenging, I mentioned it on my post, no need to remind me that.
    Problem is no one cared to do the Dungeons, and when those same people who happily breezed from quest to quest finally reached the end game and found out that  was the opposite of what they experienced during their leveling (Casual vs Hardcore) they got the shock of their life, and quit.

Wildstar is two separate games in one.
    Ultra Casual the leveling, and hardcore End Game, no middle ground.
    Casual players got scared by the difficult end game, while hardcore players got bored by the ultra casual leveling.
    Wildstar manages to alienate both player categories at the same time, no wonder no one is playing it.
    I've been saying this game would be the biggest flop in MMO history since Beta (search for my old posts if you don't believe me), while everyone else was saying it was going to be the next WoW killer.
    It turned out I was right once again, and nothing really changed since Beta.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited January 2017
    I managed to find some of my post from February 2014 (4 months before Wildstar launch), at that time I was playing Beta.

This was in response to a thread which asked:

"[Column] WildStar: Will it Work?"

My reply was:

ste2000 said:

My opinion is a big NO.................... it won't work.
    The Social aspect of the game is not there, it is still too solo friendly, there is not incentive to group or to communicate with other players unless you are in a Guild.

I have to be honest though, the Dungeons and probably the Raids have an Old School mechanics, so I acknowledge that Carabine was trying hard to give this game an Old School feel.

Unfortunately to me it feels too much like WoW but with less charm.
    Yes Wildstar is really similar to Vanilla WoW (which I love) but for some reason do not have the same "X Factor" that WoW has.

PS: Last Rant............... Quest Hubbing has to die........ really.
    It's ruining games which otherwise might have been decent.

Another one, February 2014:

ste2000 said:
    Souless.
    Just a collection of everything badly implemented.

But its biggest problem is that Wildstar is 2 different games in one.
    Very casual experience when you level with the hardest of the Endgame.
    I am a raider but I could not bring myself to get through the dull leveling in order to play Raids.

For the casuals is the opposite.
    They enjoy the ride but when they get to the endgame is like hitting a brick wall.
    Very badly designed game IMO.
    One of the worse one around.

3 years ago, I was saying the same things I am saying today, as they are still relevant and the very reason why Wildstar failed.
    You can't please both the Casual and Hardcore crowd at the same time.
    WoW managed that by blending the two play-styles (middle ground), Wildstar though is 2 totally different games:  the leveling part is Very casual, the End Game is very Hardcore.
    It wasn't difficult for me to predict a flop back in 2014, yet as today Wildstar developers still don't have a clue how to fix it.

Edit: By the way I am happy you are enjoying it and I invite everyone who hasn't tried the game to do so,and judge by yourselves.