Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dark and Light Screenshots - Factions/Main Menu, Game Map, UI - 1/11/2017 - Couresty of Victor_Z

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Nice.  Is there magic in the world?  Can you be a Mage vs a Fighter?
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    edited January 2017
    danwest58 said:
    Nice.  Is there magic in the world?  Can you be a Mage vs a Fighter?
    There sure is, the game itself is majorly based around magic and from the information we've recieved so far from the Node System (Skill Trees), you should be able to create all manner of combinations in terms of classes like a Hybrid Mage/Pure Mage/Battlemage and such.
    Any idea how they will setup the realms?  Will it be like Minecraft where I buy a realm?  Will there be any official realms?
    danwest58 said:
    Any idea how they will setup the realms?  Will it be like Minecraft where I buy a realm?  Will there be any official realms?
    Yeah it'll be like Minecraft in a sense where you'll be able to own your own Private Server. Private Servers were confirmed recently, however there should also be official servers as well, similar to Ark and other survival sandboxes but (hopefully) with a lot more slots for players.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looking good
    danwest58 said:
    Yeah it'll be like Minecraft in a sense where you'll be able to own your own Private Server. Private Servers were confirmed recently, however there should also be official servers as well, similar to Ark and other survival sandboxes but (hopefully) with a lot more slots for players.
    Can you move characters between servers by chance?
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    Last time I checked characters would be locked to each individual server, but if server transfers of some kind end up being a thing before EA hits we should find out about it pretty quickly.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Aaaand more screenshots !

Or rather photographs of screenshots, lol

DnL is supposed to start Early Access via Steam this month iirc. Twenty days to go in January, and no sign anywhere of the English language version...
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    Last time I checked characters would be locked to each individual server, but if server transfers of some kind end up being a thing before EA hits we should find out about it pretty quickly.
    Well I guess we will see.   Do you know anything about how the crafting will be?  How in-depth it will be or will it be very simple like Minecraft when it comes to armor and weapons? 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

DnL is supposed to start Early Access via Steam this month iirc. Twenty days to go in January, and no sign anywhere of the English language version...
    I'm getting more and more convinced that the game will be a slideshow or a flipbook, and that's why they only have screenshots to show.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The only ' survival ' game I have ever been interested in.
    Forgrimm said:

I'm getting more and more convinced that the game will be a slideshow or a flipbook, and that's why they only have screenshots to show.
    I say let the game come out watch some videos then give it a go yourself.  If it fails o well.  
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Forgrimm said:

What would be the point? You purchase it on Steam then you download a dozen of jpg files and they'd go "ha-ha" and you'd go "d'oh"? :awesome:
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    It does look good but there's still so little we know about combat etc. 
    I really dont get why we havent seen any real footage apart from a few VERY short clips.  :o

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited January 2017
    I don't have any faith in this game because its by (Snail Games) They failed AOW, and Black Gold, what makes anyone think this will be any different?

Go look on Steam their video says Snail Games on it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Keep polishing those pictures and gifs Snail!
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    SlyLoK said:
    The only ' survival ' game I have ever been interested in.

Same here and I don't think it will play like a typical survival game, at least for me. The difference is that there are already cities/towns/villages to get supplies from and provide a backstory. This is different from starting with nothing in an "empty" world.
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    Well I guess we will see.   Do you know anything about how the crafting will be?  How in-depth it will be or will it be very simple like Minecraft when it comes to armor and weapons? 

Sorry for the super late reply, but last time the crafting system was remarked on to my knowledge it seemed like it'd be more similar to Ark: Survival Evolved or Empyrion: Galactic Survival in the way that you get recipes. You spend points as you level up to go through a skill tree and earn crafting recipes and then work on those at whatever bench is needed for what you need to make.
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

Sorry for the super late reply, but last time the crafting system was remarked on to my knowledge it seemed like it'd be more similar to Ark: Survival Evolved or Empyrion: Galactic Survival in the way that you get recipes. You spend points as you level up to go through a skill tree and earn crafting recipes and then work on those at whatever bench is needed for what you need to make.
    will gear have different stats and are there different materials that you will use?  
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

will gear have different stats and are there different materials that you will use?  
    The materials were confirmed to go by Tiers, along with the gathering/crafting tools so that leads me to believe the gear will go by tiers as well. So you'll probably see things like copper>iron>steel>etc or something like that. And yes gear for sure will have different stats.
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

The materials were confirmed to go by Tiers, along with the gathering/crafting tools so that leads me to believe the gear will go by tiers as well. So you'll probably see things like copper>iron>steel>etc or something like that. And yes gear for sure will have different stats.
    Sweet.  Will there be a way to sell to other players for a currency?  What I am thinking is, could I become a Crafter that sells my wares and become someone like I was on SWG where I was well know for my weapons I sold?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    So that frikkin mega sword just had to ruin everything.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Nyctelios said:
    Now I'm getting some Dragons Dogma vibe.
    HERESY!!!

HERESY!!!!!!!!!

danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:
    danwest58 said:

Sweet.  Will there be a way to sell to other players for a currency?  What I am thinking is, could I become a Crafter that sells my wares and become someone like I was on SWG where I was well know for my weapons I sold?
    Yep there's going to be a currency in the game. You shouldn't have any issues being a crafter and selling your wares.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Keeping an eye on this one. But I think at this point Conan Exiles "May" win me over .. Then again It may not .. lol.

This however is looking good