Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nintendo and a TON of rumors.....

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    DMKano said:
    All this depends on how well Swirch sells. If the sales are not all that, than the game companies are not nearly as enthused to bring titles to it. The jury is still out on how well Switch will do.
    Has Nintendo ever had a hard time selling a console?

Looking forward to more e-sports. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:
    All this depends on how well Swirch sells. If the sales are not all that, than the game companies are not nearly as enthused to bring titles to it. The jury is still out on how well Switch will do.
    Has Nintendo ever had a hard time selling a console?

Looking forward to more e-sports. 
    Virtual Boy.  

Also, the N64 started off pretty slowly.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    If I were a betting man, my money is on the Switch... although I still think the Tranny would have been a better name.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I m getting a switch just for the hell of it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2016
    I have been saying for awhile now that Esports is driving this market.It is a really bad thing for gaming  for several reasons.

First of all it is encouraging a lot of really bad,cheap games,they only succeed because of the Esport tag.

It creates a FALSE sense of hope among average gamer's.The reason is because they see this money floating around,the fame yet it is only a VERY small handful of gamer's.Just like in the music industry,stars are manufactured,sponsored gamer's are invited to all the events,it is a small circle of leechers that feed off of the naive gamer's that spend all the money.

It is actually so bad and such big money now there has been known corruption within the sponsors and leagues.Those big sponsored teams will be the ones represented in the Esport,you should NEVER figure it to be a FAIR and honest system because it is NOT.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I dunno about all the esports stuff, but, I do have to say that the whole crazy change up in form factor from one console to the next is really what has me holding back a bit since the wii to get on board with Nintendos systems.  

The Wii U was just a weird, wonky system and how those generations will translate to the switch is kind of strange -- and maybe I missed something but backwards compatibility is a big deal with systems these days.. and it sounds like they're looking at "ports" of games that were on old systems to the new ones, and these games aren't relatively old.  

I dunno.. I think its a much better idea than some of their others, but, I just feel like I need to see a bit more before I take the plunge.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    If I were a betting man, my money is on the Switch... although I still think the Tranny would have been a better name.
    And I thought the Nintendo Shift would have been a great name! Consider if the system turns out to be sh*t you can just drop the F off and you've spelled it out plainly.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I wonder whether Wii U and switch players will be able to compete against one another in this eSports world. I have a Wii U and have splatoon and mario kart so could be tempted to take part, however I think the switch looks like a terrible console so won't be getting one. 

I still feel like the Wii U is a massively underrated console. Sure, it's specs aren't as good as xbone / ps4 so you can't get top graphics, but everything else about it is pretty good. They should have just chosen a different name for the console and sorted out their marketing. If they'd have done that, I reckon it would have been a much bigger success. 

Also, anyone have any clue when Zelda on the Wii U will be released? @blueturtle13 you mention that it's getting released first on Switch in Q2, I'm praying it'll only be like a few days delay, rather than weeks or months! Game was shown off at E3 2014 for Wii U....been waiting soooo long!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다