Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs Backtrack & Disable Further Artifact Traits in PvP - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageDevs Backtrack & Disable Further Artifact Traits in PvP - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - The World of Warcraft team is on full defensive mode after the rocky deployment of patch 7.1.5 with its massive number of class / spec changes, legendary overhauls, secondary stats realignment and more. Patch notes sent out yesterday contained numerous errors and several alterations to systems and classes that had not been seen on the PTR. Community manager 'Ornyx' apologized for the patch notes disaster saying it would "NEVER happen again".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If only I had a dollar for every time a developer/community manager said "It will never happen again"...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Kind of funny, was talking to some people that still play, what a cluster.... Glad I stopped playing, I think they will loose some more accounts over this.

I think Blizzard has a mad developer leading the Wow staff atm, only someone who has lost it would make so many unnecessary changes.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    blizz fails again lol
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm glad I'm so casual in WoW, that I never even noticed.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Blizzard and its constant Class nerfing/boosting yo-yo routine.
    Are people not seriously pissed off with it yet?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Unless you played today, you wouldn't have since it just went live. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    edited January 2017

Ozmodan said:

Kind of funny, was talking to some people that still play, what a cluster.... Glad I stopped playing, I think they will loose some more accounts over this.

I think Blizzard has a mad developer leading the Wow staff atm, only someone who has lost it would make so many unnecessary changes.

Its nothing, only the whinefest people  or those with no life, care.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    edited January 2017

ste2000 said:

It made me quit last month, and i hardly know anyone left who still plays.

Soki123 said:

Ozmodan said:

I think he's refering to all the changes in general since Legion launched? Might be wrong.
    If you are committed to a game, and invest a large amount of your free time into a class and spec only to be messed around one month to the next then i dont think it to be unreasonable for people to voice their frustration.
    For you to make a comment like that with such disregard clearly shows me you havent played Legion. There's so many bad changes made to classes and abilities and not just in this latest patch disaster.

Kunai_Vax said:

ste2000 said:

Soki123 said:

Ozmodan said:

I think he's refering to all the changes in general since Legion launched? Might be wrong.
    If you are committed to a game, and invest a large amount of your free time into a class and spec only to be messed around one month to the next then i dont think it to be unreasonable for people to voice their frustration.
    For you to make a comment like that with such disregard clearly shows me you havent played Legion. There's so many bad changes made to classes and abilities and not just in this latest patch disaster.

Lol, clueless, I play it daily.

There is nothing wrong with the changes.

Just whiney people, as I stated earlier.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2017
    The changes are far reaching - which tells its own story.

As far as PvP specifically goes the suggestion on the US forums is that current US PvP activity is only 25% of what it was at the end of WoD; activity "should" have increased of course.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    You know what amazes me is the sheer amount of apologist that still defend this game. This dev team has been running this game into the ground for years and people keep coming back each expansion despite the lackluster changes.
    TheScavenger
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    99% of the people who are complaining never noticed either...they just jump on the bandwagon to complain cause it's the cool thing to do. 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited January 2017
    So they are once again fixing what was "working as intended" and what was the latest best just some month ago?

This company isn't forwarding the game for years anymore and is just merely fooling around with their customers. Exposing them to their idiotic changes and overhauls to everything, arrogantly denying every mistake on one day to again revamp half of it the next day.

This ongoing crap has reached "social experiment" quality.
    It is going on for like 2-3 xpacks, yet nobody seems to notice.

Oh, wait.... ~10mio people noticed. And left.

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    People just don't get it. There is no Blizzard! Activision is running the show. Activision kept the Blizzard name for obvious reasons.
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

the reason i stopped playing tbh,it was getting so you just gotten used to stuff and blizz feel the need to change again,its supposed to be an mmo with progression but nothing lasts more than a few weeks anyways,its dumb.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    99% of the people who are complaining never noticed either...they just jump on the bandwagon to complain cause it's the cool thing to do. 
    Kind of tells you what kind of people game companies cater to.
    edited January 2017
    gervaise1 said:
    The changes are far reaching - which its its own story.

As far as PvP specifically goes the suggestion on the US forums is that current US PvP activity is only 25% of what it was at the end of WoD; activity "should" have increased of course.
    There are so many huge issues with PvP. The lack of participation is more due to horrendously imbalanced classes with some so over-powered while others have been ground into the dust. Templates have taken nuanced play out of the game and PvP is now at least half based on PvE play, something many prefer to keep at a minimum. 

Listening to Blizzard prior to the release of the mess that is Legion PvP, templates should have "leveled the playing field" and made more people want to participate.  That has not happened and has, in fact, reduced the community to near zero and that's just sad.

One of my favorite parts of PvP, and I am a very casual participant, was gearing up through earning Conquest in arenas and random battle grounds. I worked hard for my 3v3 100 wins each season and enjoyed the gear chase where I could choose stats and secondaries that I wanted to give myself a better feel for how my class performed. I could enchant, reforge and gem my best stuff. I could choose less commonly used abilities to tweak game play in a different way in each battle. 

All of that is gone in Legion and the abysmal participation rate shows it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

carotid said:
    Kind of tells you what kind of people game companies cater to.
    If that were true, @carotid , there would be so-called legacy servers. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Volgore said:
    So they are once again fixing what was "working as intended" and what was the latest best just some month ago?

I start to suspect that quite few people with bi-polar disorder might work at blizzard.
    There is not other plausible explanation.

Soki123 said:
    Kunai_Vax said:

ste2000 said:

Soki123 said:

Ozmodan said:

If there's nothing wrong with the changes then why are Blizzard changing them?
    If there's nothing wrong with the changes then why have they made statements on the official forums admiting that some of the changes are bad and need to be re-worked?
    If there's nothing wrong with the changes then why have so many people left?

Even many of the main streamers (who depend on Warcraft to make their money) cant help but voice concerns over some of the class changes while trying to stay possitive.

Kunai_Vax said:

Soki123 said:

Kunai_Vax said:

ste2000 said:

Soki123 said:

Ozmodan said:

If there's nothing wrong with the changes then why have they made statements on the official forums admiting that some of the changes are bad and need to be re-worked?

Even many of the main streamers (who depend on Warcraft to make their money) cant help but voice concerns over some of the class changes while trying to stay possitive.

You are so off base, I m not going to even comment
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Soki123 said:

Kunai_Vax said:

And obviously you didn't.

;)

Soki123 said:

Kunai_Vax said:

Soki123 said:

Kunai_Vax said:

ste2000 said:

Soki123 said:

Ozmodan said:

And yet you did.  
    Got to get your post count up right?

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I have played this game exclusively for pvp(arena) and let me tell you how fked up pvp is and im telling you on the POV of a HEALER.

Dmg is way overtuned right now and it isn't uncommon for your team to die through spamhealin. The level of skill required to operate caster vs melee is too large. For example you need 10 times the awareness to be sucessful as a mage vs being sucessful as a demon hunter.

Gone are the days where you could outplay your opponent and i have defeated very exp-ed player who have been 2400 on the previous season just because i was playing a more superior comp. Additionally, the arena population now took a nosedive and it is a shadow of what it was back in mop.

Last time you could steamroll your way to 2k provided if ur decent but nowadays the ladder is so small that its common to meet arena masters, 2.4k guys, multi season duelist and very rarely r1 at 1700 mmr. What it means it that you are facing VERY experienced players at mmr bracket that is usually played by beginners.

What broke the camels back for me was yesterday when they tried to pull a fast one and sneaked the 35 trait bs thinking they could fool the entire pvp community. I wont deny that the pvp community is whiney but when this happen, we in fact united to voice our displeasure at such a dumb move. Even pve peeps from general discussion were in agreement...

Healing is already tough the way it is and people who no lifed and unless you are willing to no life mythic + spam maw of souls daily, good luck on reaching 54 trait to compete.

Anyways, should they have told it like wayy months earlier i wouldnt have bothered to make my WW and BRM weaps be 33 after making my MW 34. Yea they reverted those changes but it is only temporary but at this point of time it feels like this game is demanding too much outta me.

Wod is a pile of dung no doubt but at least im able to farm my gear once and do what i love to do that is arena. Right now, i need to spam mythic + maw of souls everyday so once 7.2 hits i could be competitive and its just too much lol.

I dont wanna just play one char and one spec. In fact i wanted to play a different class and spec. I had an alt war/dh and they are wayy behind in ap. What made the game fun for me besides arena back in mop/wod was that if im sick of playing one char, i could hop on another alt but this xpac jst kills it for me. GG on getting 65 mil ap for 54 traits and that is only for one SPEC. You may never know if they nerfed ur spec to oblivion the very next patch.
    edited January 2017
    evdaez said:
    I have played this game exclusively for pvp(arena) and let me tell you how fked up pvp is and im telling you on the POV of a HEALER.

No need to explain.
    PvP is fucked up because PvE re-balance.

Next Update.
    PvE will be fucked up because PvP re-balance (in order to fix what they messed up in the previous update).

Rinse and repeat.
    Blizzard since 2007 circa.