Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will this be for singleplayer?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited December 2016 in Conan Exiles
I haven't had a chance to watch the livestream (its on youtube, so I plan to watch it either tonight or tomorrow). But how will this be for singleplayer?

I play Ark Survival, and by far (for me) its way more immersive, far more intense and actually a lot harder in singleplayer (with mods added, so that adds difficulty of course) than I did any multiplayer server. Just being by yourself, with many huge dinosaurs all around...I died and lost my base A LOT in singleplayer in Ark. It was most fun I ever had in a game.

One of my best moments was exploring The Center, getting quite lost. I ran into a dinosaur half the size of a mountain (modded in, and was actually a dragon, which are kinda like dinosaurs I guess)...I ran off. It followed. and it blew fire in my face. Oh and my base got utterly destroyed lol. NEVER got that experience in multiplayer. It was very safe feeling, and it was more annoying because people just ganked my base when I was offline. Singleplayer was way harder, challenging, more immersive. It was also annoying because all the fun modded serversI joined in multiplayer would randomly disappear because the owner shut them down. My singleplayer Ark game is still up after 7 months of playing it. I had that problem with RUST, too many resets/servers randomly shutting down for no reason. Singleplayer for these games is far better (FOR ME), and a lot more like a persistent MMO or Skyrim I guess.

Will Conan Exiles fill that niche at least a bit? It does have a singleplayer option, so I assume I can have just as much fun as I do with Ark+mods. Especially if Conan Exiles allows modding like Ark does. If modding is allowed, I know there'll be epic mods for singleplayer. Especially if loverslab catches on with the game, they can do amazing mods that make the game feel like a barbaric, abusive conan world.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I don't have all your answers as the game has not released a terrible lot of information. What I have read is that the game should be single player friendly. I know there are suppose to be AI NPC that you can capture and turn into your own "thralls"....slaves or servants I think. Beyond that I do not know.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Gruug said:
    I don't have all your answers as the game has not released a terrible lot of information. What I have read is that the game should be single player friendly. I know there are suppose to be AI NPC that you can capture and turn into your own "thralls"....slaves or servants I think. Beyond that I do not know.

Thanks :) I knew about the slaves, which sounds logical for a conan game

Supposedly the game will have modding, they haven't said what it will be like exactly. Said they can't reveal it right now. But its the same engine as Ark, so people think it'll be very similar. If so, that will add a TON of playability. Ark has some pretty amazing mods, some which turned into official DLC (The Center) ...which is a map, but still. 

From what I read, it does seem like the game will be really good for singleplayer. It will have same exact content as multiplayer, so it should be fine. Especially if modding is good.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• HallskarHallskar Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited January 2017
    It's Unreal Engine 4. The game will have Mod tools, along with around the same options settings the admin can adjust for a server. You locally host your own server on your own machine (with the possibility of inviting friends to play). without other player involvement in destroying your base, The road-map is to have "server wipes" which turns out to be an NPC like purge of the map. NPC's will attack player made buildings/structures and it is up to you to defend them. So that is a good part about Singleplayer for this game. NPC's will actually be somewhat of a challenge at certain points in the game.

Edit: The "Purge" system is not at the launch of EA.