Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Falling asleep while trying to play through D1 event

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,470
edited January 2017 in Diablo 3
Its probably my allergy medicine making me sleepy, but damn - it seems so damn lacking for me.

Shame as D1 was such an epic game back in the day, but this event is just not good IMO.

I think they failed to capture the atmosphere of D1 and the filter looks like poop.

Made it to floor 11, but couldnt go anymore, and Giants Packers game was on.... so yeah.

Comments

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    They did it backwards. What people wanted was D1 with playable graphics. What we got was a D3 with a some D1 hand waving and worse looking graphics than the original.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,893
    edited January 2017
    so is it just an event or is it actually a permanent D1-like game mode patched inside D3?

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,477
    so is it just an event or is it actually a permanent D1-like game mode patched inside D3?
    It's just for each January of each year.  So you're kinda forced to do it NOW (well, within the month) if you want to do it at all, unless you're willing to wait another year.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,755
    They did it backwards. What people wanted was D1 with playable graphics. What we got was a D3 with a some D1 hand waving and worse looking graphics than the original.
    Agreed.  I can play D1 anytime I want because I still have the game.  I would love an updated graphics D1 experience.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 730
    edited January 2017
    DMKano said:
    Its probably my allergy medicine making me sleepy, but damn - it seems so damn lacking for me.

Shame as D1 was such an epic game back in the day, but this event is just not good IMO.

I think they failed to capture the atmosphere of D1 and the filter looks like poop.

Made it to floor 11, but couldnt go anymore, and Giants Packers game was on.... so yeah.
    Well ok, but you are just looking at the past wi. . . . .

. . .zzzzzzzzzzzz. . .

. . . .oh sorry, nodded off there.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,131
    I wouldn't know because I haven't collected all of the pages I need. I've rebirthed 2 seasonal characters and am playing through, but I haven't gotten all the pages. I'm not sure Blue has got them yet either and we combined our pages on his character.
    zymurgeist said:
    They did do it exactly backwards. I just want to go play the stupid event and farm the rewards. Now I only have 3 weeks to do that and progress the seasonal.

Someone on their team needs to see the proctologist. :chuffed:
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,536
    DMKano said:

Let's face facts. The people who understood how to create those classic Blizz titles we so loved are long gone from the company. The people who are left just know how to chase trends and monetize these games. Not saying that means they aren't making Blizzard a shit ton of money, but I have to wonder how much more dosh they could make if they could recapture the brilliance and quality game making that made them great in the first place.

Anyway hell with them. If I want to recapture the days of D1 and D2 I'll just go play something like Path of Exile. Those guys still "get it."

"But the band plays Waltzing Matilda
    And the old men still answer the call
    But as year follows year, more old men grow fewer
    Someday no one will march there at all?"

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,755
    DMKano said:

That would make a good topic.  Games I feel asleep on while playing. For me it was SWTOR, while traveling on a speeder on one of their large maps.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    Torval said:
    I wouldn't know because I haven't collected all of the pages I need. I've rebirthed 2 seasonal characters and am playing through, but I haven't gotten all the pages. I'm not sure Blue has got them yet either and we combined our pages on his character.
    zymurgeist said:
    They did do it exactly backwards. I just want to go play the stupid event and farm the rewards. Now I only have 3 weeks to do that and progress the seasonal.

Someone on their team needs to see the proctologist. :chuffed:
    You don't need the pages for most of it. They only get you a portrait frame if I remember right. I collected all of them just running bounties. The white cultists occur in every act.  There is a good guide here http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    DMKano said:

I finished it, but after 8 levels I turned difficulty down to T6 so could just melt people and get it over with. Ending cinematic was worth it, I think. Very nostalgic. Event itself was..... meh. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,150
    Not surprised you fell asleep playing a Blizzard game.

Though I do agree, the event was just meh, better than nothing I suppose.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 468
    I, unfortunately, couldn't stomach D3 past playing it once through. Not sure how people can stomach grinding the same things repeatedly without any real 'MMO' experience.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,131
    CrazKanuk said:
    DMKano said:

I finished it, but after 8 levels I turned difficulty down to T6 so could just melt people and get it over with. Ending cinematic was worth it, I think. Very nostalgic. Event itself was..... meh. 
    I'm going through on rebirthed characters. I had to crank it way down.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 453
    DMKano said:

Basically admits he's on meds that make him sleepy and also wanted to watch something on TV, yet blames the game itself for his lack of wanting to play it... Jesus Christ.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Torval said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    DMKano said:

I'm going through on rebirthed characters. I had to crank it way down.

Yeah, and I learned afterwards that you get a Butcher pet for doing it on a new character. Damn! I just don't know if I'll have the time to do it from level 1, or the patience. I'm feeling the itch to get to the WoW expack :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    wormed said:
    I, unfortunately, couldn't stomach D3 past playing it once through. Not sure how people can stomach grinding the same things repeatedly without any real 'MMO' experience.

It's an ARPG. Grinding the same things repeatedly is one of the things that ARPG's are all about.