Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In regards to the 07/06 Release Date

Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

The MMO market despite what people say isn't all that flooded atm, many people are looking for new games to try, and many people (like myself) don't want to step back in time with graphics, features and etc., we want the new shit...  Hence my interest in RV...

Having said that, if RV has launched prior to July, you would probably see me clubbing people in loincloth 24/7 as a barbarian and perhaps attain a long time subscriber (that will spend the bling bling no less)...  But July 1st is already a date I am looking forward to...  There is this little game called Vanguard being made, and it too is slated for release in July...  With Sigil and MS at bat for VSoH, the competition will be fierce...

If RV is to be the 'classical' MMO, you already have a small niche...  But with all of the shifting in the MMO market right now and the bloodletting that is ensuing with ALL SOE products, there are many hungry MMO consumers atm, hell, just look at these boards...  You have the opportunity to capture more than just a niche crowd, look at EVE and it's swelling as of late...

To the RB devs, I like your idea for a game and will probably try it nonetheless...  If you aren't churchgoers, you may want to start soon and pray that VSoH gets delayed...  This is the only other MMO that will challenge RV for level of depth and play, two completely different genres of course, but there are many like me that will come down on either side of the fence, just depends on the release date...

With your product unfinished, this may be a moot point... Or, maybe you should simply stock up a wide range of stimulants and simply grind this out 24/7 until it's released and maybe get something out in May or June, it would pay for itself hundred fold...  My two Sesterces...

Comments

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

True, no game wants to be released with another.  However players that have pre-ordered (only a hand full left out of the 1500) will be playing the game in the last two weeks of June.  That and the fact that RV is much cheaper should keep the crowd pretty split.  We intend to start small, then grow so as to not run into the problem of flaming servers like most MMORPG companies have to deal with in the first weeks so we're not too concerned about getting a high population at the outset.  Also RV will not have a box set in stores.  So there wont be just 3 boxes in your local store, then you have to wait a week for them to restock, you can just go online and purchase, download, and play.  Eventually we do plan to release a box set however.  But since most of us are running on 5 years with no paychecks, we dont have the cash to pump out the boxes right now.  ;)

I think we'll be fine. 

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

I doubt seriously that Vanguard will release in July. A friend of mine is in their beta and says it most likely wont launch until October. They havent even entered their 3rd stage of beta which they anticipate to last 3+ months.

So RV should be the only MMO launching that month.

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501
    Well I can't say I have ever seen such candid responses from a studio before...  You may have just got yourself a preorder for your reply... 

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295
    We're not your typical game development team.  Although please read carefully when pre-ordering.  Many people expect to have access to a complete game right away when you're actually given access to the game which is still under development.  There are still some parts missing but it's coming along nicely.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

Originally posted by Kanoth
    We're not your typical game development team.  Although please read carefully when pre-ordering.  Many people expect to have access to a complete game right away when you're actually given access to the game which is still under development.  There are still some parts missing but it's coming along nicely.

I realy hope u all do well, u have to be some of the most involved devs I have seen yet and u got tons of my respect for being a small company striving to improve the mmo market.

{(RIP)} SWG

• EdmondeEdmonde Member Posts: 97

I myself had not heard of Roma Victor until a friend mentioned to me he was going to play it...since I became a SWG refugee I decided I was going to look for other games to play...I saw Roma Victor and was intrigued but the thing that reeled me in was seeing a post by the Devs on this site saying exactly what they are doing and what they are not doing and what will be in the game upon launch and admitted that they would not have everything they wanted into the game upon launch due to not having enough time money etc etc..

gotta respect someone when they are up front about things...not able to pre-order but will definately get the game at the soonest taht I can...

I thank you guys for being a company that LIKES to interact with their player base...

you guys will no doubt succeed and I am already looking forward to what you guys will do after RV

We have enough Youth, How about a Fountain of Intelligence?

• MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299
    That is also one of my biggest fears, I plan on pre-ordering soon, only reason I put it off was because of the new release date being around the time of Vanguard. I'm sorry but I have been waiting around 3 years for Vanguard and about 4 month for Roma Victor. LoL needless to say my inner geek is like dont preorder you idiot or your cant afford the Limitied Edition Vanguard game for the small price of $499.99

lol joking.

But yeah i still do suspect to play this game. Alot.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    The Devs already have huge community support, I do not think they will have an issue gaining people even if it is only through word of mouth. I can imagine that once the NDA drops word of this game will rush throught the web like a chicken with its head cut off  (). I feel they will have no problem getting players. The biggest key being the cost.

GO RBL!