Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Another year of broken promises and failed projects. But there is always 2018, right?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited January 2017
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.
    nm facebook updated okay. just updated twitter an hour ago.

• Jawbreaker23Jawbreaker23 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    How did MU online go from less than 1% to over 19% in the span of a couple days? Hardly any articles on it either.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    How did MU online go from less than 1% to over 19% in the span of a couple days? Hardly any articles on it either.
    Publisher Webzen has 6k followers. :eh:

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's a mystery but I think @sludgebeard will get to the bottom of it sometime after he wakes up.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VoruxxVoruxx Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen ! My last saving grace for the MMORPG genre
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    How is MU Legion in second place? I've never even heard of that game before.
    --------------------------------------------
  • OshoOsho Member UncommonPosts: 18
    So far only Pantheon. Even if its just the beginning of the 2017 alpha testing.
  • badger_7badger_7 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Looking forward to Pantheon!
  • jonnybladesjonnyblades Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Pantheon Online has my vote, a true masterpiece, just watch a stream and see the difference from 90% other upcoming titles. The death penalty, required team coordination or fear of a wipe? What's not to like. Hardcore baby yeah!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Seems to be the battle of new accounts Pantheon versus Mu.

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.
    Yes but going up .1% roughly every ten minutes since last night? I would say this is worth investigating. 

The polling could easily be compromised at this point and I think you all should check into it. A facebook post from two days ago doesnt rule anything out here.

If it was a bulk number at one time that scenario would make sense, but I have been tracking the numbers since last night at 7PM EST and at nearly perfect intervals of 10 minutes the score for MU (and MU alone) has been consistently been going up.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Someone stacked the deck, you can bet that is not representative of this site's readership.  Just another mediocre eastern game that has little difference from all the others.
  • Dave49424Dave49424 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Been following Pantheon for a while now and I am anxiously awaiting a game that might try to revive that old school EQ feeling (with the exception of meditating to a full screen spell book!!).  But until that time I will spend time researching any other decent PvE MMO that is on the list.  Being burned by EQNext/Landmark it never hurts having eggs in multiple baskets.  :)
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    MU Legend
    Cant freaking wait to re-live my childhood in this insane good looking game.
  • LutorinLutorin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Just to be sure - if this MU game is able to send enough REAL people here to register and vote, then I have no problem with them to win . Whatever win may mean .
    However the speed and regularity with which it happened didn't really look like randomly arriving and registering human beings .
    I guess the admin must be looking at the registering data files right now :)
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    kitarad said:
    Seems to be the battle of new accounts Pantheon versus Mu.

My only arguments against this is that Pantheon is talked about constantly on this site. MU.... not so much ;)
  • dudeman2001dudeman2001 Member CommonPosts: 2
    I just discovered Pantheon and had to vote for it. It is the real deal MMO. It will be huge , be there at the start or cry that you missed it while everybody tells awesome stories 5 years from now.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I picked Sea of Thieves because I think I will have the most fun playing it. As far as typical MMOs I guess Pantheon. . I guess.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• celopoffcelopoff Member CommonPosts: 3
    ill search more about it.
  • tatertoadtatertoad Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited January 2017
    Voting for Pantheon. Camelot Unchained close second. It's like deja vu all over again.
  • CelestycaCelestyca Member CommonPosts: 1
    Def Pantheon. In need an immersive game.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    As I mentioned before, Chronicles of Elyria and Pantheon, but I voted for CoE.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • MaricMaric Member UncommonPosts: 98
    MU Legend? What the flying F?! Paid sweat shop click confirmed.
  • DominxDominx Member CommonPosts: 1
    Maric said:
    MU Legend? What the flying F?! Paid sweat shop click confirmed.
    I call Shenanigans as well.  Crowfall or CoE I could have believed but.......this??  What is this trickery?