Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Pantheon pulling away at the moment. Definitely the game I am looking forward too. After that I am interested in Dark and Light.
  • Kryme1977Kryme1977 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Revelation Online for 2017...Lost Ark for 2018 or 19 or...;P
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited January 2017
    If half of them even make it to Beta I would be surprised. Looks like a wish list of which will fail first...

If I have to make a choice I would go with Chronicles of Elyria since the rest arent that interesting.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Am I the only one that thinks MU Legends getting 12% of the vote when it's talked about by no one here (two posts from November), is strange? I'd love to see the account details (specifically creation date) of those voting for it.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    How come the top 3 games on the "Hype Meter" don't even crack 9% total sum on this poll?

@MMORPG.COM your Hype Meter continues to be broken...
    Some devs ask their backers to vote on the hyper meter. But Trump says that has never happened. 
    Really don't need the childish political crap.  Grow up.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToothmanToothman Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Star Citizen. Even if they only release Alpha 3.0 it'll still be the largest game in history.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Going to be a lot of disappointed people this year as many of the favorites won't see the light of day.
  • CoolgrooveCoolgroove Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited January 2017
    Now I see why 2017 mmo scene looks so sad - not even 1 Sci-fi, not even 1 modern-to-futuristic setting, only same old fantasy... I don't know how many more sword-swinging-bows-and-spells-variation I can stomach no matter how good of a quality they are.

Old mmos and new single player Sci-fi are all 2017 will be good at gaming-wise.
  • CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Nilden said:
    Reht said:

JemAs666 said:

That's one hell of a list. All these slated for 2017?

Based off the top 4 being voted on above none of which will fully release 2017

Fully releasing was not a criterion. 3 of the top 4 are already in some sort of early access (pre-alpha or better) and certainly expect or at least hope that Pantheon is in pre-alpha before the end of the year.
    Yeah because it's in what pre-pre-pre-alpha right now?

Alpha, beta, release, early access, can really mean whatever the dev wants. Making them pretty much meaningless.
    Pre pre alpha..next will be pre alpha first test phase. :)
  • ridiculous1ridiculous1 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Who knows what will even officially release this year? Most of these developers haven't given any ideas to a timeframe of release. It's ironic how you can vote for a game that may or may not even be out this year.

Can we go back to the old days of an official release date. That way its officially a flop or a hit.
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited January 2017
    Albion Online bar none will be the most popular and successful of all of these games mentioned. No doubt in my mind. It will bring back the old school UO players, it will kill Runescape, and it will bring in Eve Online and players from League of Legends who enjoy moba combat in a Sandbox MMORPG setting.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I guess Putin rigged the votings again!!

• Kiori001Kiori001 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Pantheon
    Camelot Unchained

Pantheon is definitely my first choice, but I have a friend who raves about the original Camelot and it does seem interesting( I usually get my pvp fix from Planetside 2, which is very different, so something to ponder when I make a choice as I only have time for one ).

There are some I was not even aware of, so this list was great in that I can do some research on those. I was surprised at the % showing for Pantheon as am I really looking forward to it, but its rule set I thought would make it very niche.
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    edited January 2017
    Aelious said:
    Am I the only one that thinks MU Legends getting 12% of the vote when it's talked about by no one here (two posts from November), is strange? I'd love to see the account details (specifically creation date) of those voting for it.
    Its gone up 15% in two days, it has two forum posts on here, and is most likely going to win now if it trends any higher. Ill leave you all to draw your own conclusions.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well if you start seeing big ad banners of MU legend then yeah you can be skeptical and yes this happens a lot here.
    it is similar to when WS was coming out,create some cool fancy marketing videos,have a site like this one promote it and voila,tons of bandwagon jumpers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Voted - CU Unchained - I'll probably be disappointed though.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Aelious said:
    Its gone up 15% in two days, it has two forum posts on here, and is most likely going to win now if it trends any higher. Ill leave you all to draw your own conclusions.
    Yeah, that vote is bogus...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I wonder if whoever spent time writing the MU vote script will be upset if their votes get deleted.

• LutorinLutorin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Had to check what this MU Legend is as I have never heard of it .
     It doesn't seem very probable that several hundreds of fans of this game suddenly and at the same time decided to support their game in this vote .

It also doesn't seem very probable that mmorpg.com admin didn't notice a sharp peak of several hundreds new account créations within only 2 days .
  • VicNuggetsVicNuggets Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Joined just so I could say Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Lutorin said:
     It doesn't seem very probable that several hundreds of fans of this game suddenly and at the same time decided to support their game in this vote .

It also doesn't seem very probable that mmorpg.com admin didn't notice a sharp peak of several hundreds new account créations within only 2 days .
    Seems the Pantheon new account voters weren't able to sustain their campaign. The MU Legend new account voters are actually going to surpass them soon...

But who are we to judge ? If the votes are there, then the game must be the most popular. The internet never lies ! :lol:
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It's likely that Webzen asked folks via social networking to come vote. Checking...

Yep, they did on Facebook. That alone is more than enough to influence the vote closer to their favor unless the other teams do so as well.

What's crucial is whether or not any one offered rewards votes. That would invalidate their entry.
    Clever of them. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    My interest in pretty much all of these has waned over the past few months.

CoE devs have no idea what they're doing.
    Crowfall is struggling to put together an enjoyable game and the devs are making lots of questionable choices.
    Revelation went from interesting to absolutely not after watching some friends play it on Twitch. What a horrible game.

I have no idea what the 2 leaders even are. I've never heard of MU and Pantheon is below my radar at best.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Lutorin said:

The challenge for the site is a goal of polls and contests is to draw new visitors who hopefully stick around and generate traffic and clicks.

Not many sure ways to discern between legitimate new accounts and those owned by bots.

Best option would be to secretly weight the votes wirh more credence being given to accounts with greater longevity or activity.

Clearly my vote should count as 100 while Blue Turtle, Torval around 150. DMKano? 500 easy.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon