Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Weekly Newsletter of 2017 - Updated Luchorpan Screen - Camelot Unchained - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst Weekly Newsletter of 2017 - Updated Luchorpan Screen - Camelot Unchained - MMORPG.com

Camelot Unchained News - The first weekly update of 2017 has been published on the Camelot Unchained site that reveals an updated screenshot of the Luchorpan race in their full armor. In addition, this week featured a testing opportunity for IT participants and alpha testers. The new testing client included a number of feature enhancements, skill revamps and much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Those faces didn't just land in the Uncanny Valley - they bought a summer home.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I could have done without that screenshot, looks bad man.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    What are those things? lol
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Very creepy looking.

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    The screenshots dont do it any favours.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game looks really bad.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Ya...those pictures are not doing this already "drawn out production" game any favors.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    edited January 2017
    imageWhen 13-16 year old version looks better...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    They sure look horrible.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    edited January 2017
    I love the creepy. Suits them well.

And I don't know what's wrong with the armor that it keeps getting slammed like this. It's a pretty basic set of complementary colors in an "elven" autumnal theme we've seen in fantasy forever, from D&D sun elves to Warcraft blood elves. Could be mildly less spikey, but eh.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Not exactly sure what the artists were on when creating that faces but man... DAoC looked better a decade + ago.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Is there armor dye in the game ?
  • ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    big head mode on?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    What are those things? lol
    Lurikeen elders in Camelot would like to make it clear that they operate to a far higher dress code.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    edited January 2017

Saerain said:

And I don't know what's wrong with the armor that it keeps getting slammed like this. It's a pretty basic set of complementary colors in an "elven" autumnal theme we've seen in fantasy forever, from D&D sun elves to Warcraft blood elves. Could be mildly less spikey, but eh.

It's those emeralds. They stick out like a sore thumb.

GW2 just did the same exact thing on their latest weapon set. Icy blue frost style weapons with big ugly green gems assaulting your eyes. It just clashes and looks tacky.

The set I mentioned:
    http://dulfy.net/2016/12/13/gw2-frostforged-wepaon-skins-gallery/

Lokero said:

Saerain said:

GW2 just did the same exact thing on their latest weapon set. Icy blue frost style weapons with big ugly green gems assaulting your eyes. It just clashes and looks tacky.

The set I mentioned:

Black Lion weapon sets are so hit and miss. Sometimes, you'll get a phenomenal, tasteful set like Fused, Bloodstone, Tormented, or Spectral. Other times, you'll get something that looks like it was designed by an intern. The competition on worst set is stiff, but I have to give it to the Soaring Weapons. They have so many clashing colors and just look garish and tacky overall.
  • JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I like the look of the models and armor. The only thing I cant stand about this game right now is the building blocks make everything look so square and childish. Reminds me of my kid playing with his building blocks and ruins my immersion. IMO. Again though the char models,armor and world look pretty slick.
  • JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Also remember they are building this game for large scale battles. So FPS > Graphics.
  • RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I like the armor color scheme, it fits their realms fall environment.

Redsalt... the other salt.

Jownz said:

Also remember they are building this game for large scale battles. So FPS > Graphics.

You can have fairly low end graphics and still look tasteful. Hell, Crowfall is built around a similar scale with a similarly cartoonish art style. Unlike what we're seeing here though, Crowfall's art looks good.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Lokero said:

Saerain said:

The set I mentioned:

I agree.

I don't have a problem with the faces and the armor is fine but the green just makes it ridiculous. Yes, looks tacky.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bigcrackerbigcracker Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Those heads will haunt my dreams.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Officially playing Crowfall after this.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited January 2017
    I like the detail and lines on the armour. A darker color pallet and I think it would look sweet.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    I thought CU was going for a more realistic look? This looks like a bad saturday morning cartoon.