Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Got a bite

2»

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    You will really want a Necro in the HOT expansion.  My Necro was the easiest trip along with my ranger.  IMO some of the necro's skills and abilities are a bit OP in the game and make things easier.  Then again I was really bad playing a thief.  One thing I realized about myself, which might help you, is once I learned how to play a class, I was much, much better.  Sometimes I hit a wall during certain quests and realize its not the class or skills, its me and my lack of knowledge regarding the class.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Necro , Ranger are the only classes I never play.  Just don't like them for some reason.  I do have 5 lvl 80's in GW2 though.  Its the best mmorpg ever made IMO.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Got a bite of what, what does that even mean?
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    goboygo said:
    Got a bite of what, what does that even mean?
    You've never had a video game bite you before?

edited December 2016
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    flizzer said:
    Love the Sylvari starting area even though I don't love playing Sylvari. 

The human story line is generally considered the most boring one. 
    I felt the same way about the human story, glad to see it wasn't just me. I bounced all over the map leveling my first character just for more diversity.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I've tried to like GW2 several times. Could maybe have been cool with friends. But I just quit at around level 30. It's just not the same feel as GW.
    edited December 2016
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I've tried to like GW2 several times. Could maybe have been cool with friends. But I just quit at around level 30. It's just not the same feel as GW.
    I bought the game at release in 2012, and it has taken me 4 years to really get a bite, I tried many many times  and this year finally it has happened.

I keep trying to be Norn for most the tries which failed, and the this year I was like, I'm a make a human thief , boom hooked. :)

I really like the Modniir  zone, itis a great place to power level :3

Yea they really shouldn't have called this game GW2.  Its so different then GW1 that players who are expecting a sequel get mad.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • tzaxagiastzaxagias Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I started playing guildwars 2 right after the launch and i foun it amazing i played a lot of classes till i found my perfectr combo sylvari ranger and still play till today my only regret is the pets i just casnt find one i like except for my brown bear
    I DONT KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CRAZY AND IM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Glad you liking it, it is not a bad game.
    Personally it is way too casual.
    I maxed my character in 2 weeks and got all BIS gear in 2 months.
    Nothing else to do after that for me.

• tzaxagiastzaxagias Member UncommonPosts: 10
    One simple quesion for me i stopped playing the game because of work and right now im in a really good place to start again can anyone tell if the game is worth it and i im also thinking about starting playing wow or blade and soul are they worth it or just stick with GW2
    I DONT KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CRAZY AND IM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I love GW2, but HoT soured it a bit for me. Season 3 has been superb though.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Ppiper said:
    filmoret said:
    Necro , Ranger are the only classes I never play.  Just don't like them for some reason.  I do have 5 lvl 80's in GW2 though.  Its the best mmorpg ever made IMO.
    I haven't played since the expansion came out. At the time I had the highest level. If I purchase the expansion, I can continue with her, correct?
    Yes
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ender410ender410 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I only recently picked up and started playing a few weeks ago. Prior to that I had wanted to try GW2 but just never did. I have played WoW on and off since basically launch (only missed launch by about 2 months) and tried other ones such as FF14 and Arch Age. Guild Wars has really bit me as well. I am having a ton of fun with it. I started with a Necro and am loving that class. But I am trying to stay even level with a friend so while I am not playing that I am side leveling (technically main since its so much higher) an Engineer. At first I was meh about the engineer but then I realized I was around level 15-20 with hardly any effort and the turrets are op haha. It takes a bit of getting used too overall, but I think there are a lot of positives with the game and I have been enjoying the time so far. (Crafting is awesome!)