Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cities Rise & Fall in New Trailer - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCities Rise & Fall in New Trailer - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - Funcom has released a new Conan Exiles video to get players pumped up for the coming early access period slated to begin on January 31st. In this latest trailer, viewers get a look at how cities will rise and fall. Using the flexible building system, players will be able to create mountainside fortresses and how friend or foe can summon giant god avatars to destroy the hard work of creation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited January 2017
    Will prob release before dnl (EA) so big chance I will try it :)

Edit: http://blog.conanexiles.com/en/dev-blog-6-building-village/ Your cross awaits, exiles

• EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Looked good til i saw the colossus.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Looked good til i saw the colossus.
    Can't miss it.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Game companys gain reputation through the games they release, I would point out that Funcoms track record is horride at best. Facks are Facks
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    I can't take this game serious, it's Funcom game...
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    one word, ARK.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So close,it all looks good but my gut tells me it is likely only a surface scratch.
    3 tier of home and 2/3 look too small tier 2 looks no better than tier 1.

crafting stations,are there only 3?

Thralls are they visual or done like BDO just a bunch of stat numbers with nothing visual.Again only 3?

Decorate your house,sounds great,how much furniture/crafting is there or do you even craft the stuff?

It is a f2p game,is i can only imagine it is all cash shop stuff,so count me out.

At this point in time,i have to see a game go all the way,i can't accept a scratching the surface type effort.Yes this is a very good start for effort but  i doubt good enough.I should mention that destructive surfaces is a great idea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Wow, Joel, that line at the end was corny as hell :lol:
    Building looks nice, especially now that Landmark is going to close... (which closure is quite a sad news, really liked Landmark)  Can't wait to dive into crafting and building here, where I mean can't wait for the non-steamy release :winky:
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    u can have slaves?! hell yeah!
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Curious how hard it is to get one of those giant statues to summon. It seems as if someone could destroy months worth of building in seconds with one of these. Huge turnoff IMO.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited January 2017

Wizardry said:

So close,it all looks good but my gut tells me it is likely only a surface scratch.

Thralls are they visual or done like BDO just a bunch of stat numbers with nothing visual.Again only 3?

Decorate your house,sounds great,how much furniture/crafting is there or do you even craft the stuff?

It is a f2p game,is i can only imagine it is all cash shop stuff,so count me out.

At this point in time,i have to see a game go all the way,i can't accept a scratching the surface type effort.Yes this is a very good start for effort but  i doubt good enough.I should mention that destructive surfaces is a great idea.

We don't know how many tiers there actually is.. Either way, the games been in development for 10 months and is going to be early access. You really expect it to have a shit ton of stuff from the start? Come on.. this can't be your first rodeo.

Oh and also, what makes you think that it'll have a cash shop? They already said no to that... Another one expecting massive amount of stuff from the getgo... Gotta love this generation
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited January 2017

Nyctelios said:

Wizardry said:

We don't know how many tiers there actually is.. Either way, the games been in development for 10 months and is going to be early access. You really expect it to have a shit ton of stuff from the start? Come on.. this can't be your first rodeo.

Oh and also, what makes you think that it'll have a cash shop? They already said no to that...

Another one expecting massive amount of stuff from the getgo... Gotta love this generation

Since when unfinished games became a standard? 

Yes, we do expect a project to be released when it's complete.

It's early access, as in early development, as in common sense, key word common sense, would
    Tell you that you the game is not finished nor even close.

Early access/access to games in early development at least in this genre IS pretty much becoming the norm. Look all of them... Ark, rust, reign of Kings, 7 ways to die or whatever it's called. All of them are in early development. Ark is a little further in development. Rust... well that's a lost cause since they keep revamping the game, even after all these years.

Would we prefer games fully developed and ready to go from the getgo? Hell yeah, who wouldn't? That means we'd be waiting years for That to happen. Unfortunately that isn't happening. Should at least be greatful that we are getting access to the game, early, though.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Tokken said:
    one word, ARK.
    Wrong word. The word you're looking for is "Conan."

As someone who hardly ever bothers to look at survival games, it's only because of the Conan name I'm sort of half paying attention to this one.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I don't know why the hate, this actually looks pretty impressive. How many MMOs do even have such in depth systems anyway? Only ESO comes to my mind.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Nyctelios said:

Wizardry said:

Oh and also, what makes you think that it'll have a cash shop? They already said no to that... Another one expecting massive amount of stuff from the getgo... Gotta love this generation
    Since when unfinished games became a standard? 

Yes, we do expect a project to be released when it's complete.
    "Unfinished" is the new "Finished"....

Most games nowadays release as Early Access, which means it's short on content and long on bugs. But players happily pay for those games, because they are generally cheap... and new !

And with games languishing in Early Access for years, most of those interested in the game will have played it to death long before it's officially "released".
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Arskaaa said:
    u can have slaves?! hell yeah!

By chance are you from West Virginia ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Cant wait. Funcom has been one of the best devs. Love TSW and Age of Conan. Loved The Park. Hide and Shriek was a fun Hallow's Eve mini-game. Cant wait for Conan Exiles.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    josko9 said:
    I don't know why the hate, this actually looks pretty impressive. How many MMOs do even have such in depth systems anyway? Only ESO comes to my mind.
    I agree. In truth "this" is closer to what I thought an mmo was before I started playing them. I'm pretty much sold, I have tolerance for imperfection and Funcom's "bugs" so this will be a first day purchase for me. I'll only play it with a few friends who normally don't play video games but who would be interested in screwing around with something like this.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    They came up with a revolutionary combat system in AoC and decided to take 27 steps backwards with their future games.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    They came up with a revolutionary combat system in AoC and decided to take 27 steps backwards with their future games.
    I prefer this combat system to Age of Conan's. It's more visceral, more immediate. Age of Conan's system seems to game like to me.

For me I want to swing a sword and feel it hit the shield. Age of Conan felt like weird wackamole on top of looking for the "shield" lines so I can just choose where to hit the character. 3 lines on top? No problem I aim for the areas without lines, problem solved.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I am very excited for this game. I understand it is going into early access and will take that into account when I play. Hopefully, they keep pushing out patches to fix the bugs and polish the game. One thing that concerns me is the giant god that can destroy months of hard work. Devs please tell me what the purpose is of that? I do not have the time to spend the time to rebuild months of work. Who does nowadays? I understand it is important to provide a challenge, but please no annihilation in just a few seconds.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Akemie said:
    I am very excited for this game. I understand it is going into early access and will take that into account when I play. Hopefully, they keep pushing out patches to fix the bugs and polish the game. One thing that concerns me is the giant god that can destroy months of hard work. Devs please tell me what the purpose is of that? I do not have the time to spend the time to rebuild months of work. Who does nowadays? I understand it is important to provide a challenge, but please no annihilation in just a few seconds.
    play on a pve server problem solved for u
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    voltt said:
    play on a pve server problem solved for u
    That won't help, they smash friendly roadbumps too :wink:  Play as single-player, or with friends only, that's a better solution.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I give them bonus points for having the darker aspects of the Conan world like kidnapping and slavery.  Too many games shy away from that stuff in games like spineless apologists.