Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• kurtzmannkurtzmann Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen has bad animations, poor art direction... no way to win anything
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    kurtzmann said:
    Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen has bad animations, poor art direction... no way to win anything

Pre Alpha?  Come on man!
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • gameshogungameshogun Member UncommonPosts: 105

Regnor said:

Shroud of the Avatar is a commercial scam that rewards whales and is fine as a game if all you want to do is roleplay and dance on tables. If you're looking for interesting combat fun mechanics, better look elsewhere.

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Albion Online looks the most promising. A fun gathering and crafting system and open world, PvP with full looting in certain zones. And you can play it on your iPad when you're offline to keep your crops growing or whatever else you like doing in a mobile state.

But the best game on the list, of course, is Camelot Unchained. Wow, just wow. Look at the features, look at the depth, look at the commitment from an industry veteran. I'm looking forward to this one more than any other.

Wow, is this propaganda? Camelot Unchained is "look at the commitment from an industry veteran"? And you hit hard against Shroud of the Avatar? Richard Garriott is not a committed industry god to you?

If your main and perhaps only convincing argument for Camelot Unchained is the "industry veteran" behind it, man, that is just so wrong. The leads and developers behind SotA and Star Citizen, to mention only two, are veterans too, gods even.

There are others, guess which games they are?
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited January 2017
    You can expect Shroud of the Avatar to do well... because the Devs post on their own forums encouraging people to push the polls every time a new one comes out. The thread for THIS poll is here;

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/players-choice-awards-mmorpg-com.76025/

A dev didnt put up that post, that is a community member. There is nothing from their handle or post history to signify they are part of the development team.

Also the community manager/Developer DEFENDED Pantheon by saying this:

BEREK
    "Yes, let's please be considerate of the hardwork that goes into ALL of these projects. As much as we would like you to cheer on SotA, it doesn't have to come at the expense of the others."

I am in no way a SoTA fan, but this is completely false and can easily drum up emotions between two groups of fans that isnt necessary and is based on false pretenses. 
    They made sure to put the mmgames.com one on their main website and asked people to go out and vote on it. 

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=67218#more-67218

"MMOGames has nominated us in their poll as one of the Best Crowfunded Online Games of 2016! Voting is open for one more day (through December 31, 2016), so please head over to the MMOGames site and vote for Shroud of the Avatar as the Best Crowdfunded Online Game of 2016!  (No account registration is required)."

Not like they don't do this sort of thing all the time to skew things their way. Remember the time they asked their people to upvote Shroud of the Avatar on steam on their forums because they were getting so many bad reviews they wouldn't be able to get people to buy it if the reviews were too negative? I sure do

If a game is good you don't have to beg for votes, people will be buying it and playing it like crazy.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2017
    Alverant said:
    City of Heroes
    I wish!
    I gave my vote to Bless though.

Conan is a strong competitor however... especially since I think it'll have player run servers like ARK...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited January 2017
    2017 is a/the Sandbox MMOG Year. Since it is not possible to select multiple votes, here are the games that I have set my eyes on, in no particular order.

• Shroud of the Avatar - from Richard Garriott and his guys behind the Ultima series, Ultima Online, and Tabula Rasa.
    • Camelot Unchained - from the developers behind Dark Age of Camelot
    • Crowfall - from the developers behind Ultima Online and Star Wars: Galaxies
    • Albion Online
    • Chronicles of Elyria - with plenty of sandbox features that were largely forgotten by sandbox developers (usually found in MUDs), like Family System and character aging to mention two
    • Dark and Light - longest under development sandbox MMORPG and largest game world/map that Snail Games acquired. Snail Games, popular for Voyage Century Online and other sandbox MMOs (like their upcoming Age of Wushu 2, a sandbox MMO)
    • Life is Feudal
    • Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - from Brad McQuaid, the brain behind EverQuest and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    • Shards Online
    • Worlds Adrift - buy-once-to-play
    Rawyn said:
    You can expect Shroud of the Avatar to do well... because the Devs post on their own forums encouraging people to push the polls every time a new one comes out. The thread for THIS poll is here;

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/players-choice-awards-mmorpg-com.76025/

A dev didnt put up that post, that is a community member. There is nothing from their handle or post history to signify they are part of the development team.

Also the community manager/Developer DEFENDED Pantheon by saying this:

BEREK
    "Yes, let's please be considerate of the hardwork that goes into ALL of these projects. As much as we would like you to cheer on SotA, it doesn't have to come at the expense of the others."

I am in no way a SoTA fan, but this is completely false and can easily drum up emotions between two groups of fans that isnt necessary and is based on false pretenses. 
    They made sure to put the mmgames.com one on their main website and asked people to go out and vote on it. 

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=67218#more-67218

"MMOGames has nominated us in their poll as one of the Best Crowfunded Online Games of 2016! Voting is open for one more day (through December 31, 2016), so please head over to the MMOGames site and vote for Shroud of the Avatar as the Best Crowdfunded Online Game of 2016!  (No account registration is required)."

Not like they don't do this sort of thing all the time to skew things their way. Remember the time they asked their people to upvote Shroud of the Avatar on steam on their forums because they were getting so many bad reviews they wouldn't be able to get people to buy it if the reviews were too negative? I sure do

If a game is good you don't have to beg for votes, people will be buying it and playing it like crazy.
    They all do that, especially those who have been around since the advent of MMOGs. Let the marketers do their thing.

If they did not win, think about how bad it puts them. Either they're playerbase doesn't care or they don't have that playerbase they are proud of. It hurts more if the winner is one that did not even bother to mention it at all, not even in their own forums.

So, yes, ignore it and don't take it against them. Their marketing and community departments are just doing what they were paid to do. Besides, to be nominated is "something" already, so win or not, it does not matter.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kitarad said:
    I recently decided I shall engage in PvP as most of the games that are coming out has PvP. 

I am not very skillful on the keyboard in fact it would be an understatement to say I am bad. I would like support Crowfall but I'm worried I will not be able to play well if I suck at keyboard and mouse turning and other PvP elite skills. Do you think my plans for a meaningful presence in Crowfall will be doomed by my very bad PvP skills.

I also would like to support Mark Jacobs because I have always felt he was a decent chap just trying to make some games. Same query here too about Camelot Unchained.
    You should look into a gaming mouse - one of the good ones that make it hard to press the wrong button (like a Corsair Vengeance for example) and has high definition tracking. They make a world of difference for both PVP and busy PVE fights that require a lot of moving.

I use one with 12 different buttons in addition to the regular ones and with high DPI tracking, I do all my moving in a 2" X 2" area of my desk.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Iselin said:
    kitarad said:
    I recently decided I shall engage in PvP as most of the games that are coming out has PvP. 

I am not very skillful on the keyboard in fact it would be an understatement to say I am bad. I would like support Crowfall but I'm worried I will not be able to play well if I suck at keyboard and mouse turning and other PvP elite skills. Do you think my plans for a meaningful presence in Crowfall will be doomed by my very bad PvP skills.

I also would like to support Mark Jacobs because I have always felt he was a decent chap just trying to make some games. Same query here too about Camelot Unchained.
    You should look into a gaming mouse - one of the good ones that make it hard to press the wrong button (like a Corsair Vengeance for example) and has high definition tracking. They make a world of difference for both PVP and busy PVE fights that require a lot of moving.

I use one with 12 different buttons in addition to the regular ones and with high DPI tracking, I do all my moving in a 2" X 2" area of my desk.
    I have a similar setup with my mouse.

I just got a G-13 which I am hoping to try and setup for Crowfall and others.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited January 2017
    If they did not win, think about how bad it puts them. Either they're playerbase doesn't care or they don't have that playerbase they are proud of. It hurts more if the winner is one that did not even bother to mention it at all, not even in their own forums.

It means the winner was already good enough to win on its own, people are buying and playing it, so went and voted on their own. The game could stand on its on merit and their people voted without needing to beg them to create multiple accounts to try and scew votes their way. Or another game did the same begging and had more people creating accts to scew the numbers better. Shroud is notorious for this. If they didn't have such a bad reputation for being a bad game and hateful community, they wouldn't need to beg for votes.

Here's one of their community members posting this morning, admitting skewing the mmogames.com poll in Dec in their favor. 
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/players-choice-awards-mmorpg-com.76025/#post-736145

evillego6 said:
    There were people in this community that openly stated they did just that for the last poll and promoted such activities on these forums.

Duke Avery

"I did
    it was actually encouraged by the site hosting the poll. A person with two computers, four tablets, and three phones voting twice a day (allowed and encouraged by the poll's host) could have easily put in 126 votes in one week. The MMORPG poll is hard by comparison - you have to register before you can vote. haha"

Post edited by Rawyn on
  • ManticorpsManticorps Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Not currently playing anything at the moment and have been looking for a new MMO stomping ground lately. While I have been following many of these games, off and on, for awhile now, the 3 that stand out most for me are: Pantheon, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall. 

I voted for Pantheon. I'm a fan of the no cash shop subscription model,  and generally prefer PvE. The social aspects and group-oriented focus of the game, appeal to me. Hopefully, the game succeeds and is able to deliver on most of the features I find appealing

While I generally prefer PvE; I'm not adverse to a little PvP from time to time. I'm pretty average at it, but have fun with it anyway. Camelot Unchained ticks the boxes that appeal to me. One of the biggest being the subscription model. I'm certainly looking forward to this as well.

Crowfall looks fun and I'll give it a look as well.

After 2 or 3 disappointments, I no longer participate in any crowdfunding; at least this far out. Often what is promised is a far cry from what is delivered, or not. 
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    No interest in any of them tbh, I'd vote for ashes of creation if it was on there but that's probably cause there's so little known about it you can't get disappointed yet.
  • Zorro80Zorro80 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited January 2017
    Latest dev video from Conan Exiles looks preeeetty f*ckin awesome!
    Aggree it's not an MMO, but def the top of my list

Post edited by Zorro80 on
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Conan for me... considering it's lesser scope it's the only western one I can see being in decent shape at some point this year.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    edited January 2017
    Go Pantheon! Yes! :)                 
    Post edited by Cendharia on
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    kurtzmann said:

And that's why there are plenty of other mmo's you can play. 

Great isn't it!

• Master_PantzMaster_Pantz Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Really hope Pantheon will be the true successor to the EQ lineage (more than just EQHD).
  • YarnilaYarnila Member UncommonPosts: 1
    VoT Votes Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,071
    edited January 2017
    Not going to even consider anything outside of Revelation Online for 2017; it has way too much invested in it and it's extremely successful in it's native country of China and it's musical score is composed by Neal Acree.

http://www.nealacree.com/revelation/

Most of you should know who that is if you are are a MMO gamer. :P

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    camelot looks ok. looks interesting. but what i dont like are the particles..they look like garbage. fire, smoke, smoke trails etc - pure garbage.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    You can have a great music score,great graphics,tons of players "Farmville",it doesn't mean you have a quality game worth playing.
    Camelot does not look ok,it looks like a low budget game and it is.
    The industry is selling out crap and the media is being paid off to endorse it.Worse is that the gamer's are buying into the media's biased endorsing.

This site endorses Conan based on what?It is/was under NDA so how could we lay claim we know enough to give it an endorsement?If you are actually playing it to know,then you are not allowed to say as such.

Crowfall,so blatant obvious,the same  was obvious with Wiz 101 when J.Todd was selling that product,now hes making sure Crowfall is endorsed through total bias.

Funny how we get this site claiming every game is so amazing ,well 200/300+ games later seems they are jumping on a new ship everyday.Maybe that ship was sold to them by Chris Roberts lmao.

If this site was selling pizza,200 pizzas later ,every single one would be better than the last.By time we get to pizza #200 not even god himself should be allowed to eat it,it would be just too good to touch.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• adenboadenbo Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Anyone who's been around Shroud of the Avatar long enough knows the potential it holds and the progress it has made. There's a reason why Shroud's community is the best even in early access.

Sara Dreygon
  • PvtctrlaltPvtctrlalt Member CommonPosts: 1
    SHARDS ONLINE MASTER RACE
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    How come the top 3 games on the "Hype Meter" don't even crack 9% total sum on this poll?

@MMORPG.COM your Hype Meter continues to be broken...
    Some devs ask their backers to vote on the hyper meter. But Trump says that has never happened. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Sid76Sid76 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Webzen-Muonline worst support to players. No respect for US. You invest a lot of money and nothing is yours, I had my account with double inventory, expanded, every 5 chats with items collected for 5 years all value 1 thousand dollars at that time and I WAS blocked because I made a report about an scammer. Because they protect scammers, hackers. They create a black market and They take out the game everything that help players to play easy. I don't recommend this game to anybody. No support, volunteers from the forum are mean mocking us and defending webzen like if they were pay. If somebody knows how take legal actions with this game please tell us.