Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent Pics

Comments

• DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Did those pics cost $5 each? I bet they were nice, that's expensive.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    who cares , if the game sucks , what difference what it looks like.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    No, they were free, just like interacting on 4 out of our 5 official platforms is :)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Look, I'm skeptical about this game and just keeping an eye out on it's development.  So I understand when people are also cautiously optimistic.  But this is just pointless dribble you're injecting into this thread.  The fact that this developer takes the time to post here from time to time shows me they care about their community.  They really don't deserve you're middle school antics.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Say what you will, but these pictures show me passion.  There is love in this development.  Each time they release pictures, the better this mmo is looking.  
  • ColossalGyroColossalGyro Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited December 2016
    These developers obviously come from an EverQuest background. This game will be heavily influenced by EverQuest in terms of difficulty and exploration with the added mix of some modern mechanics. They are bringing back what has been lost in the MMORPG genre, and that is socialization and group play. This game is how they already stated, geared towards a specific targeted player base. The WoW, Guild Wars, ESO etc players will not be the ones that this game appeals to and i am glad it won't be. Sure maybe some of them will convert because they want the challenge or simpley because they want a change of pace. Either way, i agree with the prior comment that these devs are putting their heart into this game, and anyone who watched the Shaman gameplay Pre-Pre alpha Shaman gameplay will see this team of Devs are very serious about this game. I expect this to be successful in terms of satisfying MMORPG players who are looking for that EverQuest gratification. 
    Post edited by ColossalGyro on
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    How much money do I have to throw at these guys to get the ability to log in now?!?
  • ColossalGyroColossalGyro Member UncommonPosts: 11
    You would need to toss them about $200 or more for Alpha access which has not commenced 
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I think screenshots of Pantheon's environment look beautiful! I'm more concerned with what I have seen from character creation.
    The screenshots do look better than I was expecting but I hope for their sake the character models improve from what I've seen before.  It looked like the character had a stick up his ass when he was walking/running.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Ginaz said:
    I think screenshots of Pantheon's environment look beautiful! I'm more concerned with what I have seen from character creation.
    The screenshots do look better than I was expecting but I hope for their sake the character models improve from what I've seen before.  It looked like the character had a stick up his ass when he was walking/running.
    Animations will surely be tweaked, but that I only noticed that super stiffness when they strafe ran and it went to that strange fast walk animation. A bug if anything.

• FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Ginaz said:
    The devs were very clear that all the animations were placeholders. They will not be tweaked. They will be replaced. As for the character models, this is the first time we've even seen most of them. The humans were the only ones we'd seen before a couple of weeks ago, and the devs said that there would be further art passes on everything. 

They still consider this "early development". Criticism of the graphics at this point seems pretty pointless to me. Especially considering that they are not bad as they are. In some areas I think they look phenomenal. 

-Feyshtey-

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Theely said:
    How much money do I have to throw at these guys to get the ability to log in now?!?
    Alpha for the public hasn't started yet, but if you want a guaranteed spot when it does, you have to spend $ 250  for the Pathfinder Pledge.

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
    Yes, player character models are version 1 and the animations totally placeholder.  

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com

Four brand new screenshots at https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/

--

Brad McQuaid
    www.pantheonmmo.com

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Aradune said:
    loving the ogre models so far, can you say if shaman will be a playable race? :D
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    To me it looks ALOT like EQ2 with a brighter color pallet...
    JMO
  • FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137
    JMO
    Maybe the alpha-stage character models do a little? But the gameworld isnt  even a comparison. It's immensely better IMO. 

-Feyshtey-

baphamet said:
    Aradune said:
    loving the ogre models so far, can you say if shaman will be a playable race? :D
    Yes, Ogre Shaman playable race.

--

Brad McQuaid
    www.pantheonmmo.com

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I don't think either look anything like EQ2. Not even remotely.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The gnome I think looks awesome. A very interesting take on the race. 

As soon as an alpha date is set I am in with both feet.
  • theprophet85theprophet85 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Aradune said:
    baphamet said:
    Aradune said:
    Yes, Ogre Shaman playable race.

As soon as alpha starts, you can count on my backing!
    Good luck, and I wish you and your team the best in 2017, with lots of health, and progress. It means alot you participate on the forums.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    im more worried about animation and spell graphics , but still long way to go :)
  • joeslowmoejoeslowmoe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    JMO
    You may want to have your peepers checked...
    JMO
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Warlyx said:
    im more worried about animation and spell graphics , but still long way to go :)
    Those are the least of my worries, but I do hope the spell animations have tons of colorful particle effects. 
  • KhazgulKhazgul Member CommonPosts: 3

Speaking of graphics.. I think if we had the WoW world engine but with Pantheon ideas and game mechanics I would be in heaven! I just don't want it to look like EQ dated graphics, I tried to go back to EQ several times but the graphics stopped me in 1 day every time...but like Brad said as they get more artist to join the team, the world should turn out even better as time goes on.