Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spell Particles?

I have noticed during the videos that the sounds and particles are pretty much from EQ and a consistent size. I am wondering though will lower level abilities have more puny particles and then grow with high leveled ones? Remembering back to EQ1 I really enjoyed watching a high level character because of how magnificent the particles were and of course you could spot a higher level player just from that alone. It kinda pushed me to keep playing so my character could have those.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Not sure, anything like that in the game right now is just placeholders... It is generally one of the last things you add.
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I played a cleric and it was great! It was a pretty special moment for spell casters in EQ, hitting the new tier of particle effects. 
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Loke666 said:
    Not sure, anything like that in the game right now is just placeholders... It is generally one of the last things you add.
    Yep, but it would be nice having particles that scale up as your level.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited December 2016
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/448345/spell-particle-effects

As I said before, I would really like to see fx similar to that of EQ's magic. Fire really looked like it was incinerating stuff. Ice spells looked super frosty. I loved the way it encompassed the caster and the target, pouring from the casters hands like the water.

I don't feel like even the most flashy new games created magic that looked as ... magical.

And yes, seeing those fx get bigger and more colorful over time was awesome. I will always think back on playing my wizard. I never noticed that spells became bigger until I hit my 40s and saw that a dwarf guard I was kiting completely engulfed by my conflagration spell. I felt so powerful.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Love me some spell particles!
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Neat idea as long as they don't reach F2P size.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Without making another thread... One more thing I hope to see is auto attack being potent as it was in eq1. I really miss double and triple attack rounds ( quad if you dual wielded ) with the animations showing it ( EQ2 has it but the animations don't back it up ).

Anymore games are about clicking and spamming abilities as quickly as possible. I am tiring of that play style.
  • Hokanu99Hokanu99 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I hope this is the direction they go with growing effects as you level it was something i really looked forward to as a young caster... i loved that lightning effect (or cleric smite) when it was at maximum graphic potential, looked so epic when you smashed a giant with it and it scaled to their size! Hoping the Dev team hear how much people loved this feature and consider including it!
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Would love to see particle enhancements as you progress. As others have said, getting the flashiest spell particles at level 39 was such an achievement and felt so cool. Plus, they were beautifully done. The shielding spell line particles was amazing with the blue shard particles.