Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLUE MAGE CONFIRMED?!

PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
I mean I don't see how it's not...
Azure?  Crimson?  
Blue.  Red.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I loved Blue Mage on FF11.
    Just not sure if it's enough to bring me back to 14 now.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    This is similar to what he did in 1.0.  It's just a transition of storyline, not indicative of a class.  The Azure Skies of Ishgard (Japanese name for the expansion, loosely translated) and the Azure Dragoon.  Won't go into detail about the spoilers.  Then towards the Crimson Embers (Stormblood's theme is Red, just how Heavensward was Blue) of the lands of the Rising Sun.

The picture of the mage in blue is more telling than this, if it's legit. 
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Dakeru said:
    It would be nothing like the FFXI blue mage simply due to the structure of the roles (blu like rdm fills multiple roles ) and how they do overworld mobs and their distinct lack of skills. In XI over world mobs had multiple different skills and lasted more then 10 seconds before you destroyed them.

It would be getting skills from quests like everything else and it would but shoved into a dps role (if they aren't completely ignore past blu) which would play like magic using casters but with more interesting animations.

Yoshida himself said it would not really work in this game...let's hope he doesn't just cram it in half baked for the sake of appeasing people.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    zanfire said:
    Dakeru said:
    It would be nothing like the FFXI blue mage simply due to the structure of the roles (blu like rdm fills multiple roles ) and how they do overworld mobs and their distinct lack of skills. In XI over world mobs had multiple different skills and lasted more then 10 seconds before you destroyed them.

It would be getting skills from quests like everything else and it would but shoved into a dps role (if they aren't completely ignore past blu) which would play like magic using casters but with more interesting animations.

Yoshida himself said it would not really work in this game...let's hope he doesn't just cram it in half baked for the sake of appeasing people.
    Isn't red mage already filling the dps role?  I mean last expac they had one of each role.  If they are following suit with this expansion.  Blue mage will either be a tank or heals.  I'm guessing it won't be anything like FF11's BM.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    zanfire said:
    Dakeru said:

Isn't red mage already filling the dps role?  I mean last expac they had one of each role.  If they are following suit with this expansion.  Blue mage will either be a tank or heals.  I'm guessing it won't be anything like FF11's BM.
    Blue Mage tank? Just stop. Stop right there. I may start geeking out....nm too late.

Joined - July 2004

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    zanfire said:
    Dakeru said:

It may be that they won't even have a Tank or Healer this time around.  They are instead reworking Astrologian and Paladin -- though that very well may be in addition to any Tank or Healer class.  It's all speculation.

Though I'm expecting two DPS or maybe even three if the tweet was a mistake or intentional (as they like to troll us) to get us speculating on a limited slot when we'd otherwise say "Samurai and Blue Mage are the next two, for sure" without speculation.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    zanfire said:
    Dakeru said:

Blue Mage tank? Just stop. Stop right there. I may start geeking out....nm too late.
    Actually Blue Mage was able to tank by using Cocoon and that BLU Blink spell whatever the name was combined with a well timed Headbutt whenever it was off cooldown.

However that was a very specialized skillset and is pretty much what zanfire is trying to say:
    The FF14 classes are divided into roles and it's not really possible to do the versatile Blue Mage job any justice by just labeling it as a damage dealer.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited January 2017
    It was confirmed when Yoshi-P walked out with a Spiderman shirt on.  All these other theories are reaching and trying way too hard to make it match what they want lol.
    That said I have a feeling it will be a tank, since RDM is a DPS.  Healer seems unlikely but of course is possible.  It would actually be nice to have a non-ranged healer for once which is why I want dancer to be a thing, or something like it.