Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Pantheon. But I think it needs expectation adjustment, as it seems people are starting to put unrealistic personal hopes into a game that can't and won't deliver everyones dream mmorpg. It is a small team, they can't perform miracles, so it will be years before we have something that can compare with eq (in my opinion). Lets hope it survives the hype :D
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Nilden said:
    tarbasch said:

tarbasch said:

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Im sorry that you need everything in life giving to you...

Did you just respond to your own post?
    @Regnor said it he just failed at quoting.
    I don't think so because the quote and what he wrote are opposite views. It looks like he forgot to log out and log in his other account for the response.
    Chamber of Chains
  • gobilamokagobilamoka Member UncommonPosts: 9
    MU Legend is fookin awesome!

I've been waiting for MU Online to have a new version and finally it's almost in my hands... lol

COME COME! PLEASE SUPPORT MU LEGEND!
  • KezBotKezBot Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Rigged!!!!!
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    edited January 2017
    This goes to show you... PVP is a very niche market when compared to PVE. the VAST majority of MMOer's dislike PVP, but will tolerate it in small doses that can be avoided (BG's and Arenas).

PVPers whine so loud that game developers thought they were on to something tapping into those gamers desires.... watch the PVP MMO market collapse 
  • DcellioDcellio Member CommonPosts: 1
    As an old school gamer that cut his MMO teeth on Everquest, I am very excited for Pantheon. I yearn for the days when character death was meaningful and grouping was not only essential but created lasting friendships. The Pantheon team knows their audience and is working on a true EQ successor by focusing on PVE.

All of the other big names on this list are more interested in creating a good PVP or RVR experience which is something I am not interested in at all. However, I believe that CU and Crowfall are gorgeous games that are also catering to a specific audience in the same way that Pantheon is and I can completely respect that.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Twitch combat, not as loved as people think. lol
  • PhearnunPhearnun Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Shards Online! :)
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

Shaigh said:

Feels like most of these will be around when we vote for most wanted mmo of 2018.

QFT

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I am hyped about any of them that actually release. I would pretty much throw money at all of them if they just come out this year.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    BMBender said:

Shaigh said:

Feels like most of these will be around when we vote for most wanted mmo of 2018.

QFT
    Some on the list at best will do some alpha testing. I think Pantheon is 1-2 years before release. 
  • kvakuriakkvakuriak Member CommonPosts: 1
    I voted for Conan Exiles. Looks GREAT !!!
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    edited January 2017
    I voted Bless with CU coming a close second. Bless because it looks to be everything I want in an MMO but to be honest I said that about BDO and look how that turned out.. Still, it will be fully released way before CU which looks VERY interesting indeed with the scope of the crafting and all the races/classes. I only really did any reading up on CU as a result of this poll so cheers... P.S. How the hell do you do a paragraph break around here these days??
  • bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I'm most interested in FFXIV: Stormblood. I keep an eye on other MMO's but have really settled in to FFXIV.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    kvakuriak said:
    I voted for Conan Exiles. Looks GREAT !!!

You do know its made by Funcom right ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MaxiousMaxious Member CommonPosts: 3
    I hope that Pantheon will get released this year :D
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I am excited most for Pantheon 100%
    --------------------------------------------
  • DempseySR1979DempseySR1979 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Going with Pantheon.  Old school mechanics with new ideas and no pay to win microtransactions.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Unchain the Camelot!

I would have voted for CU, but I don't think it will make a 2017 release date :(

I really am interested in Dark and Light for 2017!

• dcutbi001dcutbi001 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited January 2017
    I'm interested in several games on the list, and I've even helped fund multiple of the games. Crowfall, CU, and CoE are three that I'm sure I'll try at some point. That being said, Pantheon is the game that I voted for since it's the kind of game I sorely miss having. I don't mind twitchy action games sometimes, but I LOVE to kick back have some drinks with my buddies online, throw on some music and grind out some exp. Vanilla EQ (through Luclin really) was the perfect game for that, and I'm excited at the idea of finding that again in Pantheon.
  • FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137

Regnor said:

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Seems so far the vast majority disagree with you. Beyond that though, there are 18 games there that have all the easy mode things. Pantheon has chosen to deliver what no one else will. The people looking for that gameplay have one choice. That's not often a recipe for failure....

-Feyshtey-

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

cheyane said:

Is every game on that list with the exception of Pantheon a PvP game ?

Surely you are mistaken, everyone "knows" players hate MMO PVP. ;)

I'm hoping for CU but seems more like a 2018 release.

In conciliation I'd go for Albion Online or Lineage Eternal.

Meanwhile I'll be playing EVE and old school DAOC for the near future.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited January 2017
    I voted for Camelot Unchained.

I like the idea of Pantheon and will wait until it's released to see if I would buy it.I love that it will be subscription based and a game centered around old school PVE.

My money will never go toward another crowdfunded game again though. I don't regret my money spent on Camelot Unchained at all and hope it turns out to be really awesome.

Shroud of the Avatar though has ruined me from ever spending money on another crowdfunded game though, never again. Shroud of the Avatar is a disappointing excuse for the 10.8 million dollars donated and a lost cause, sadly. :(
    Post edited by Ice-Queen on

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Conan Exile devs keep saying they are NOT A DAMNED MMO. Everyone keeps putting them on MMO lists. Lawl.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Kyleran said:

cheyane said:

Is every game on that list with the exception of Pantheon a PvP game ?

Surely you are mistaken, everyone "knows" players hate MMO PVP. ;)
    But yet developers keep making them ;) Let us all hope they know something we don't. Either that PvPers are very generous with their wallets or there is an as yet untapped player base.