Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Camelot Unchained has my vote....though I am beyond exhausted waiting for beta.I get frustrated even talking about it..since I thought beta would have started  2nd quarter 2016.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Feels like most of these will be around when we vote for most wanted mmo of 2018.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Nothing on that list means anything to me. All i want is a vvardenfell expansion for ESO.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Is every game on that list with the exception of Pantheon a PvP game ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited January 2017
    World's Adrift. By some miracle I got into the latest alpha test and have been having a blast! Of course it is still alpha and who know what will happen as it progresses (cough) Landmark (/cough)
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I look forward to these games.... :-)

Bless Online

Chronicles of Elyria

Conan Exiles

Dark and Light

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Shards Online

Worlds Adrift

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Chronicles of Elyria
    Star Citizen
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Of that list: CU (not that I expect much more than early access until 2018)
    Not on the list: FFXIV Stormblood (yeah it's an expansion, but should bring in some pretty interesting changes and a lot of new content)
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I find the results so far incredibly disturbing and offensive!!

• kepingkolskepingkols Member UncommonPosts: 2

CU sounds cool but the combat and the general concepts of Crowfall have me way more excited for that game. Much more involved than the simple DaoC style RvR (No offense to CU fans, I know you guys have been waiting for a re-boot basically)

Oh my. I highly suggest that you look at CU's foundational principles, specifically those that relate to combat. If things pan out the way the they're envisioned, I honestly don't think Crowfall will even be able to hold a candle to it.

P.S. I'm eagerly anticipating Crowfall as well and have never played DAoC, but having followed CSE's Camelot Unchained closely, I fail to even fathom the intensity that is required in its combat at very high levels of play.
  • KxelemKxelem Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Pantheon RoTf all the way ! :)
  • RehtReht Member UncommonPosts: 6

JemAs666 said:

That's one hell of a list. All these slated for 2017?

Based off the top 4 being voted on above none of which will fully release 2017

Fully releasing was not a criterion. 3 of the top 4 are already in some sort of early access (pre-alpha or better) and certainly expect or at least hope that Pantheon is in pre-alpha before the end of the year.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Project Gorgon is planning a 2017 launch, after Bless that would be my second game of 2017.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Reht said:

JemAs666 said:

Fully releasing was not a criterion. 3 of the top 4 are already in some sort of early access (pre-alpha or better) and certainly expect or at least hope that Pantheon is in pre-alpha before the end of the year.
    Yeah because it's in what pre-pre-pre-alpha right now?

Alpha, beta, release, early access, can really mean whatever the dev wants. Making them pretty much meaningless.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• tarbaschtarbasch Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited January 2017
    Bless is a game i was looking forward to 2 years ago but its going to be nothing more than Updated Tera graphics with tons more P2W
  • tarbaschtarbasch Member UncommonPosts: 4

tarbasch said:

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Im sorry that you need everything in life giving to you...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• dudemansomebodyvotesdudemansomebodyvotes Member CommonPosts: 1
    Shroud of the Avatar for sure! http://shroudoftheavatar.com/ Been loving it since Release 10!
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    tarbasch said:

tarbasch said:

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Im sorry that you need everything in life giving to you...

Did you just respond to your own post?
    @Regnor said it he just failed at quoting.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• K4B4LY3R0K4B4LY3R0 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'm looking forward to Camelot Unchained, Conan Exiles but my vote goes to Shroud of the Avatar.. it's the one I'm currently playing and enjoying... ^^
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Torval said:
    I'm more interested in playing my old mmos in 2017. I'm looking forward to their patches and updates more than I am in any new game.

The closest is Project Gorgon which I don't think will be done in 2017, but it's not on the list. There are a lot of interesting titles on the list though but nothing I'm so stoked and sure about that I'll vote.
    Project Gorgon...I dunno...It just seemed too old school to have much success in 2017....At best a niche game isnt it?
  • BekaBeka Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Hmm, no Lost Ark Online, so I'll go with none of the above. Will be content with GW1, GW2, and BDO for the coming year I guess.
  • RehtReht Member UncommonPosts: 6

Nilden said:

Reht said:

JemAs666 said:

Yeah because it's in what pre-pre-pre-alpha right now?

Alpha, beta, release, early access, can really mean whatever the dev wants. Making them pretty much meaningless.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, was just saying the criteria for the poll are be a MMO and release in some format within the year - they said early access, so any of the paid early access should count.
  • MeeksMeeks Member UncommonPosts: 7

Gorwe said:

I'll take...

NONE of those. And stick with tried and true old games tyvm

And, damnit, stay off of his lawn!