Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And the subscription is now gone.

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
Tree of Savior is a "free to play" game with an optional subscription that provides a bunch of benefits.  Except that the subscription now seems to be disabled.  Which is a rather nasty bug for a game to have, to not let players pay for your game.

This morning, I was playing and noticed that the usual token benefits were missing.  I figured my token had merely expired, as it seemed like it had been about a month.  So I went to buy another one.  No can do.  It's disabled in the TP shop.  It will let you put a token in the window and try to buy it, but attempting to finalize the purchase fails.

So I went to check my credit card history to see if it genuinely was time for the token to have ended.  Nope, not yet.  There should be at least two days left, and possibly nine, depending on whether a 7 day token I got from an event was before or after my last payment, which I'm not certain of.

Comments

• LicktySpltLicktySplt Member CommonPosts: 2
    I just uninstalled TOS, played for ~3 months at launch and havent played since...
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    If its a bug it probably wants posting on their forums not these  O.o

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    DMKano said:
    Quizzical said:
    Tree of Savior is a "free to play" game with an optional subscription that provides a bunch of benefits.  Except that the subscription now seems to be disabled.  Which is a rather nasty bug for a game to have, to not let players pay for your game.

This morning, I was playing and noticed that the usual token benefits were missing.  I figured my token had merely expired, as it seemed like it had been about a month.  So I went to buy another one.  No can do.  It's disabled in the TP shop.  It will let you put a token in the window and try to buy it, but attempting to finalize the purchase fails.

So I went to check my credit card history to see if it genuinely was time for the token to have ended.  Nope, not yet.  There should be at least two days left, and possibly nine, depending on whether a 7 day token I got from an event was before or after my last payment, which I'm not certain of.

Have you contacted support about this?

Seems like a major "bug" to me - they should compensate you for your lost time and more.
    The game is published through Steam, which lists two things for support.  One is a Korean e-mail address, which I've e-mailed and haven't yet gotten a reply for.  It's only been about an hour, and it's the middle of the night in South Korea now, and I have no idea where their support staff are--or if whoever sees that e-mail address even speaks English.

The other is a link to a page that asks you to log in via Google+ or Facebook.  As best as I can tell, there isn't any way to register for the site to do anything on the page, nor any way to connect your account by which you play the game to a support request.  I'm not on Facebook and intend not to change that.  I do have a Gmail account, but I'm leery of passing credentials for it through other sites.

You don't find out how good a game's support is until you need it, but we'll see now.
    For what it's worth, when I try to buy a token, it fails with the error message:

"You may purchase the next Token in 12/04/16 09:51:40."

That makes it sound like the game calendar is somehow screwed up to make the server think it is in the distant past.
    Kunai_Vax said:
    If its a bug it probably wants posting on their forums not these  O.o
    If they had forums I could post on, that is.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Tree of saviour does have forums to post on, check it out here : 

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/
    Kumapon said:
    Tree of saviour does have forums to post on, check it out here : 

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/
    The key part of my statement was "that I could post on".  If you can find a registration link for that forum or a way to link it to my game account, I'm interested.
    Actually, it looks like others have run into the same bug:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/unable-to-purchase-token/342470

And there aren't any tokens for sale on the auction house at the moment, either.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You should try rebooting your computer.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Quizzical said:
    Actually, it looks like others have run into the same bug:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/unable-to-purchase-token/342470

And there aren't any tokens for sale on the auction house at the moment, either.
    Have you tried post your problem to Steam Community? Maybe some com. managers will acknowledge that.

Not an instant solution tho...

Or maybe this is account-specific problem?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I'm really impressed with how the developers manage to consistently break something in this game with every maintenance, even when that maintenance didn't include a game update.
    filmoret said:
    Well every time you call tech support about anything that is what they tend to say first.  :P
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    Well every time you call tech support about anything that is what they tend to say first.  :P
    Did you realise you quoted yourself ?

kitarad said:
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    Did you realise you quoted yourself ?
    I wanted to make sure quiz didn't think I was trolling him.  Just having fun.
    Apparently the problem that tokens are impossible to buy is that they try to prevent characters below level 150 from purchasing more than one token per day, and their code doesn't realize that 2017 comes after 2016, so it's trying to stop me from purchasing a token until some future date in 2016.

Today's patch not only didn't fix that, but broke the game entirely so it won't even launch.  There are a lot of other posts on the game forum about this, too.  Fortunately, someone posted a helpful YouTube video explaining how to fix the latest glitch last May.  Which means the bug has been around at least since May.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Maybe, just maybe it's time to consider playing another MMORPG? ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Kyleran said:
    Agreed. When an entertainment frequently give you headache instead of fun, that's probably not a good one.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Kyleran said:
    If it's not fixed tomorrow, I probably will.  Yesterday and today, I had the character that had my good gear on it go through and clear some lower level stuff on the Klaipeda side because I ran out of stuff at my level on the Orsha side.  But that's largely done now, and without a token, I can't pass my gear to other characters to play them.
    For what it's worth, it's fixed now.

Tree of Savior does tend to break their game quite a bit, but the truly game-breaking bugs tend to get fixed a day later, or two at most.