Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have I exhausted all my options? LFG

averealavereal Member UncommonPosts: 8
Ok So to start I've been playing mmo's for over a decade now.. sheesh Makes me feel old XD, Ive played and straight facerolled a ton of games spammed every beta i could get my hands on. So I am looking for a game to play and i know so does anyone right? Im super picky but i cant really place my finger on whats keeping me form what im looking for, and what is that you ask? I want an MMO that immerses the player makes them feel like they are important even if only a tiny bit. I want a game that the class you play feels like there relevant in situations over another. I want community even if its a bit abrasive just one that is playing and enjoying the game and welcome and help new players! I love PvE content raids:dungeons:world mobs also dont mind a bit of open world pvp :3. I love games be it action or tab target that have som complexity or skill required to play.  I have played a ton of mmos im gonna list the relevent games ive played likes and dislikes and if it would be an option to give it another go. so here goes Ill ad an * if i would.

Ragnarok Online: First mmo I played was fun but i had tons of friends i played with!! -kind not my taste anymore-
Lineage 2: the First Real mmo i played I played for hours with my friends enjoyed the classes and open content -game feels dated now-
Everquest 2: I got Eq2 right before WoW and I loved the environment classes and just total feel but the game feels super restricted now *
WoW: I lived in wow until Cata, quit came back for WoD and played til cap did some LFR and kinda went stale. -love wow cant afford the xpac and sub drop all at once atm. *
Guildwars 2: Currently one of 2 mmos i have installed. I love the combat hate the questing ive been forced to do to enjoy the xpac. kinda not into the non Trinity but idk feel lost in the game most of the time*
FFXIV: GREAT game played forever but my FC fell apart and then quit came back for xpac and it seemed to have lost its Shine i had for it.
RIFT: got this game on launch, hated it F2P tried it Just overall dislike of the PAY to progress atm
ARCHEAGE: nope just nope.
TERA: the other game i have installed thanks to a random steam update? Not played since it went f2p but reading alot of negitive but eh? *
Black Desert: Ok so i played this on launch hated it.. came back after P2W felt empty idk if its because its too sandbox or i just cant grasp idk..
Conan: um got it on launch soooo many bugs got a refund....
MapleStory: was fun for a time killer back in the day, not really the style i want to get into
WildStar: Got the game on launch enjoyed it for a bit then tried the F2p with one server kinda felt empty and just did not do it for me.
Aion: Another game i played on launch was pretty good. but the f2p all i see is bots bots and bots. 
Blade and soul: I kinda enjoyed it but felt weak lacking idk.
I think the list could conclude on that note. So guys what games do you suggest? would prefer to already launched or open beta. I dont mid kickstart games or AAA just want something to really click. Graphics are a plus but not set in stone. Community is the biggest selling factor. i wanna make friends meet new people and down that 10man dragon with people that are awesome! 

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    ESO is missing from your list. Should check most of the boxes you are looking for. It's a good game where it is right now. PvP is not really open world and classes can be muddied up depending on the gear you equip, but there are classes that definitely excel at specific roles.

I have it, but I'm sunk into BDO currently. I hop in ESO occasionally still.
  • averealavereal Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Ha i knew i missed one Yeah I tried ESO just could never really click with the game! and Vanilla WoW was fun when it was around but i spammed all that content too much

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    The longer you make your list of game play you hate, the harder it is to find a game you will enjoy.  Get rid of the hate list and learn to enjoy games again.  The situation isn't the games, it is you.  Good thing is that the one thing you have control over in this situation is yourself.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Not sure how the game will be doing now that it has been giving to the dark side but you could always pop into Lord of the Rings.  It is an old game but as far as friendly community you can't really beat it.  It would take a little while to be able to reach where most people are in the game.  Not many people running around the older portions of the game these days.  Might be something to hold your interest until something on the horizon launches though.  Was about the only game I didn't see on your list.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    waynejr2 said:
    The longer you make your list of game play you hate, the harder it is to find a game you will enjoy.  Get rid of the hate list and learn to enjoy games again.  The situation isn't the games, it is you.  Good thing is that the one thing you have control over in this situation is yourself.
    I must respectfully disagree. While I agree personal attitude does play a massive part of how entertained you are by games, I also feel the "find a crumb, get a back pat" non-challenging nature of most modern games also contributes to gamer angst. When gamers no longer feel challenged they burn out on games very quickly. Sadly though when gamers then try other types of games they aren't used to and feel they actually have to put forth an effort to get better, they tend to get resentful and quit those games before ever finding out if they like them or not. So they enter this never ending cycle of stagnation and boredom. 

I have gamed since I was a child in the 60s.  While there are good and bad games no doubt, attitude is important.  I feel open to gaming and that such lists are closed to gaming.  It is ok for you to be closed to gaming I just don't like people who then complain that they don't have enough games to match their sensibilities.

That which you welcomed yesterday is hated today.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"