Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayer's Choice Awards - Most Wanted MMO of 2017 a Awards at MMORPG.com

A New Year brings new hope and new hype. And that means it's time to set our sights on the games of 2017 and for us to ask you all to vote for your most wanted MMO of the next 12 months.

Read the full story here

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    edited January 2017
    Prepare for Camelot Unchained to show you no mercy!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Worlds Adrift
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    huh there's more there that I'm interested in than I thought.

Pantheon
    Bless
    Conan

I'm curious about Lineage Eternal and life is feudal
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Crowfall, I only got time for 1 or 2 games this year to play properly. And that pre alpha is sweet, so sweet. Can't wait for it to be released in all homesty.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WhiteProphetWhiteProphet Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Get a 404 error. so much traffic?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Unchain the Camelot!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • matpschmatpsch Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Shroud of the Avatar will be so awesome this year (already is) when it's completed!
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    City of Heroes
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Star Citizen 3.0
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    That's one hell of a list. All these slated for 2017?

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    There's a few on my radar for this year, but Sea of Thieves gets my vote for most anticipated.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I'm happily back with Lotro so I have not been following what is coming up (although my Guild is really enjoying Revelation Online), I voted for Conan.
  • ISVRaDaISVRaDa Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited January 2017
    Some cool titles on the list but my vote goes to.. *drums..Shroud of the Avatar! A game with a lot of potential and awesome community.

/wave,
    Rada Torment.

Playing DarkFall since 25st February 2009

..Long ago ran the sun on a folk who had a dream..
    UO player 1998-2002, Europe Shard.

• SolazurSolazur Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Hi tech voting .... ok Shroud of the Avatar
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Shroud of the Avatar is a commercial scam that rewards whales and is fine as a game if all you want to do is roleplay and dance on tables. If you're looking for interesting combat fun mechanics, better look elsewhere.

Pantheon will fail utterly at launch. It's a miserable tribute to the 1990's style of gameplay where grouping was forced on you and kill stealing is commonplace. Vote for this one if you like standing around for 4-5 hours LFG.

Albion Online looks the most promising. A fun gathering and crafting system and open world, PvP with full looting in certain zones. And you can play it on your iPad when you're offline to keep your crops growing or whatever else you like doing in a mobile state.

But the best game on the list, of course, is Camelot Unchained. Wow, just wow. Look at the features, look at the depth, look at the commitment from an industry veteran. I'm looking forward to this one more than any other.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited January 2017

That's one hell of a list. All these slated for 2017?

Based off the top 4 being voted on above none of which will fully release 2017
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I'm not sure what to vote myself. For some of these titles I can't even find gameplay foootage. Maybe some of those wish they could make it for this year but are a bit behind schedule?
  • XogardXogard Member UncommonPosts: 1
    @Regnor
    So sorry you feel that way, but people who see an early access project often do. You fail to see the potential and the foundation already in place. It's okay though - killer whales eat great whites. Take your soap box elsewhere please. Shroud of the Avatar will be so much more than it is during the early access period. If you do not have the interest or patience watching a new game evolve, please wait to try this game.
    If large "under construction" signs are confusing to you in any way - take a detour.
    Shroud of the Avatar will be worth the wait.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nothing on the list excites me. Maybe Conan Exiles, but I'm burnt out on survival games.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BeliMawrBeliMawr Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The community of Shroud of the Avatar is very strong which is most likely why it will win this vote.
    May the force of the whales be with you.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    i dont see any Sci-Fi game in the list, so i'll say 2 that i'll play if they come to life.... Repopulation and Mass Effect
    fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'm out of the loop. I see posts about these games on this website, but have absolutely no idea what any of them are attempting to offer. I've taken several breaks from MMO's for 6 months to a year, and I can tell I'm about done with the genre when I no longer have any interest in the Next Big Thing(s).

2017 is looking like it's probably time for me to take a break.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    CU sounds cool but the combat and the general concepts of Crowfall have me way more excited for that game. Much more involved than the simple DaoC style RvR (No offense to CU fans, I know you guys have been waiting for a re-boot basically)
  • CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Very excited for Bless, and even if the western version fails I'll always have the Russian servers.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    For me, the only exciting thing on that list is Worlds Adrift !

All the others are familiar territory in new clothes...