Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moonlight Blade Online Headed Westward - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMoonlight Blade Online Headed Westward - MMORPG.com News

According to YouTube user MMOJackx57, Tencent's latest video for Moonlight Blade Online contains the news that North American and European servers are on the way. These English language servers would appear alongside a Taiwanese server and a Nexon-published Korean version, though there is no timeline when these servers will be made live.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is great news.

I have been following the game for a long time waiting to hear this.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Cool, I hope its true. I played this last year but stopped soon after because the ping for me was just too high. But I liked what I saw.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Weird, but awesome!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Who cares about Moonlight Blade? We want Monster Hunter!
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Decent game but not in the same league as Bless. I enjoyed working on the translations for Taiwan. Decent combat system and the game is beautiful. Will be very niche I would imagine in the West.

Disclaimer: Honestly, I don't know anything about the status of this one in the east, so this isn't directed at this game in particular.

It seems that "heading west" has become the equivalent of "last gasp" to me. Most of these games when they start migrating westward are dying out already in the east.
    We are usually hearing about the merging, dying servers and fading of the games in the east before they even reach the west.

I kind of wonder if these games were just massively huge in the east, if they would even bother with western regionalization.
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Played it a bit on a Chinese server. It's a pretty awesome game really.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Looking forward to this one.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Lokero said:

I kind of wonder if these games were just massively huge in the east, if they would even bother with western regionalization.
    Most probably not.

It's simply not worth the time and money to service a (usually) small western audience if your game is a roaring success in the home market. Lineage being a case in point.
    Lokero said:

Decent game but not in the same league as Bless. I enjoyed working on the translations for Taiwan. Decent combat system and the game is beautiful. Will be very niche I would imagine in the West.

Disclaimer: Honestly, I don't know anything about the status of this one in the east, so this isn't directed at this game in particular.

It seems that "heading west" has become the equivalent of "last gasp" to me. Most of these games when they start migrating westward are dying out already in the east.
    We are usually hearing about the merging, dying servers and fading of the games in the east before they even reach the west.

Unless it flopped as instantaneously in the east as Archeage did in the west, it's hard to imagine this being the case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it hasn't even been in open beta for that long.

Aeander said:

Lokero said:

Unless it flopped as instantaneously in the east as Archeage did in the west, it's hard to imagine this being the case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it hasn't even been in open beta for that long.

It's been out for around a year now in China. From what I have seen and played of it, it should do ok here in the west. The game is not revolutionary, but fun none the less.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Aeander said:

Lokero said:

It's been out for around a year now in China. From what I have seen and played of it, it should do ok here in the west. The game is not revolutionary, but fun none the less.
    I guess my question is as such: can this game provide us with a martial arts MMO that doesn't lack for budget or content? Because frankly, that's all it needs to be. Martial arts MMOs like Blade and Soul, Swordsman, and Age of Wushu are fun alternatives to core MMOs, but they never seem to pack the quality or PvE content that one would expect of an MMO
    Aeander said:

Aeander said:

Lokero said:

I guess my question is as such: can this game provide us with a martial arts MMO that doesn't lack for budget or content? Because frankly, that's all it needs to be. Martial arts MMOs like Blade and Soul, Swordsman, and Age of Wushu are fun alternatives to core MMOs, but they never seem to pack the quality or PvE content that one would expect of an MMO
    I can't say anything about budget or content (i did not play for long due to my ping being too high) but the game feels (story wise) like your watching an over the top Kung-Fu movie.  The game doesn't take it's self seriously, and that's a good thing. imo

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

Lokero said:

look into revelation online
    edited January 2017

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

Lokero said:

look into revelation online
    Revelation Online isn't wuxia (martial arts setting) though. It's xianxia (Chinese fantasy).

I will check it out though.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Aeander check this i wrote it few months ago if you have any questions just ask me, https://mmo.panjury.com/verdict/great-mmo
  • YumehanaYumehana Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Still isn't here in na/eu... D:
  • YumehanaYumehana Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Still no in na/eu... D: