Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'll say it again, Pantheon will be huge

Man, can I beat a dead horse with a stick or what ?

This time I'm using math without numbers........

Just look what's going on in the General Discussion Forums.  Then look at any individual game forums, and then look at the Pantheon Forum, and last watch how people react when mentioning Pantheon.  Let me add a little Phycology into the mix with the haters defending their stance on why the game will fail so badly.  They actually look for the fight, their blood boils and they see red when anyone talks about Pantheon, they are the few, wayyyyyyy more people are looking forward to it than not.  BUT, I'll say it again BUT, and I don't want to come across as rude, BUT they will be playing too !..........Wait, What ?........Sorry, this is just how people are, and you know it !.....I'll stop here with the Phycology.....You understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Just look at a recent posting on in General Discussion ( the pub ), " everyone gets a trophy, mmo's are in a drought ".  It didn't take long before the fight turned to Pantheon and Everquest.  They dominate over the argument.  Pantheon usually winds up in all Pub topics !

MMo's are in a drought. It's been bad and getting worst !........By release this drought will be real bad.  The people that argue against a problem have something in common with all their post " they are the rosy ones " they always say " everything is fine ", they say this over and over again.  They think their optimism of how things are is just fine !.....They play the middle ground thinking their liked by all and they are the non-arguing types, when in fact they argue a lot.  They are truly the minority but loud about it.

We are in a drought !......And Pantheon is here to save it !

I'll leave you with this because it's important:

No matter how bad you argue against Pantheon, you will have no choice but to be part of the mainstream....That's human nature.

They better be ready for a large population and the servers WILL crash :) 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I certainly hope it is but I think it will quite niche but I will be playing it for sure.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Pantheon will hopefully provide enjoyable game play for its fans, and hopefully there will be enough of them to make the game financially viable.

But Pantheon is most certainly not going to take over the world, it will be a tiny blip in the gaming landscape at best.
  • Zer0KZer0K Member UncommonPosts: 68
    It's got a few interesting things, but it's got some turn-offs that isn't helping it for me..
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Its not going to be huge, it will get a following and a loyal one I am guessing, I fully support this game but realistically its going to be popular niche game at best. 

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Oh right because no MMORPGs has had fanboys screaming it to be the second coming. "Wow-killer. Huge. Massive!!!" And then it turns out to be mediocre at best. Great job dude. Please continue to tell me how big it is and I'll believe it and my day will be forever changed. Continue man just keep letting it out, you're making a tremendous difference. 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    MMO's are not in a drought.

Pantheon, being a niche game, will have a small but loyal playerbase. Hopefully enough to keep it profitable and running for a long time.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited January 2017
    If this game ever releases in a "better than alpha/beta" form, it might get a reasonable following.

IF they don't run out of money first, if it does not take another 3 years, if it does not have an obnoxious payment model.

Even if there are none of those, no, there will be nothing "huge" about this title, except for disappointment and unfulfilled expectations if it does not deliver what has already been promised.

Hope is fine, but it is better to pair that with very moderate expectations when ever talking about an independent, barely funded, small, indie title.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Since no one really knows how Pantheon is going to feel like to play (hands on at release) and how much content or longevity it will offer, it is close to impossible to predict how it will fare. There are so many details that can make the difference between a large player base and a very small, but one thing that is a must for a large player base is that it can keep its players interested for more than a month, that be with enough content and gameplay quality.

None of the other mmorpgs are trying to deliver something that comes close to what I want from a mmorpg... Yet (not counting EqNext anymore).
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am one who truly hopes Pantheon turns out great because mediocrity does not cut it for me anymore.

I seriously doubt they have the team or manpower to pull off even a Vanguard so this will take some serious thought input to make it a great game.

If i don't see quality mmorpg's,i don't play them nor do i give them any money,i can simply be happy playing my 13/14 year old FFXi until something great does come out.
    Geesh i still load up and play VERY old Nintendo games,that is how boring i find the industry right now,as i already have a game  in every single genre to keep me busy,so now games need to be really good to garner my time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    It will be tremendous and people will like it bigly.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    aliven said:
    It will be fun to watch how it die. 
    Mean and totally unnecessary
    But a more likely outcome than the OPs unbridled predictions of extraordinary success.

A more realistic outcome would be for the game to launch and capture a small, but loyal niche of players who support it in the long haul.

I know but it's like kicking a puppy.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    I don't want to hype it too much.  It's like a superstitious thing at this point.  Hype = death for games.
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Everybody talks about Pantheon therefore Pantheon will be a masterpiece?
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The number of people anticipating Pantheon is about the same as those who were anticipating EQ:Next, and we all saw how that turned out.  I guess history may not be able to teach us as much as we thought.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Everybody talks about Pantheon therefore Pantheon will be a masterpiece?

YES, that's what I'm saying :)

Just kidding !

This is how I see it, everyone that posted here so far will be playing.....WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD IS THIS.......everyone here post as they were talking like this:

I will but others will not.

Then, the others say I will too but others will not.....and on and on !!!!........It's always the other guy !

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    You may be right and Pantheon may be huge (in the West) yet I hardly see nor believe we are in an MMO drought.
    There are plenty of games out and coming out. This is and was always intended to be, a niche genre and the genre is better for that. 

I most definitely agree.  The dearth is in ridiculous budget AAAs like SWTOR and WoW. 

A game in this genre should be made for <10 mill and then grow into the niche its fans want.  Not to say a game won't BECOME AAA, but there ain't any more WoW's in the pipeline.  Therefore, start small and grow in the direction best suited to the player base.  Less risk and more satisfied customers in the long run.  Also, this would belay the need for emergency patch crap like cash shops and RNG boxes to generate enough income to stay afloat...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited January 2017
    Hven't we been down this road many many times before?  (Insert game title here) is going to be huge and the save the mmo world....   The game should be good enough to speak for itself.  Either it will be or won't.  As others have said, it will likely find a small niche of players and sustain itself.  When someone comes onto a forum and has to tout a game, my first thought is why if the game is or is going to be truly good.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    As much as I'm looking forward to several titles coming on the horizon, I really don't think any of them will be "huge".  People have to remember that when MMO's first appeared on the scene, it was a huge jump forward, a revolution, in how we played games.

That's no longer true.  Online gaming with friends is the norm now, not the exception.  Even games that would have been single player in the past usually offer some kind of coop mode, like for instance Borderlands and Splinter Cell.  Games that are truly single player, even offer online PVP like Assassin's Creed.

Pantheon is not a look forward.  It's a look back at an earlier time in the genre; a time that many people have chosen to move on from.  The population of people that want an early MMORPG experience in a newer title are a niche crowd.  This game looks like it will be good, maybe even fantastic, for that group of people.  But will it go mainstream and become huge?  I have severe doubts.

Now, will I play it when it comes out?  I think so.  Especially if it releases as an island unto itself.  If it drops the same year as Camelot Unchained and Crowfall, then it will slip to third place and I probably will see it only in YouTube videos.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I plan to play it and even I know it's not going to be huge.

People talk about it here because this site has a decent following of people who want older style games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    It will only be huge if the game is huge, Vangaurd huge, if its not there just wont be enough there to keep people hooked.  It wont matter how amazing or old school the gameplay is if there simply isnt enough content.  Thats the only concern I have with this game, gameworld size and content.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited January 2017
    Game will not be huge but will have a large following. If it is really good probably will have a surprisingly larger following then expected and I expect the player base to be stable over many years and not have the rapid ups and downs of a modern themepark.

The problem is most people in this genre want a game they can jump into after work play for a few hours and be top tier endgame in a few weeks. The majority want fast paced twitch games. The majority want solo focused with the option to group. The majority want grinding removed completely. The majority want f2p games. Most people do not want to be forced to socialize to progress. Most people do not want actual mmos....

So no this will not be huge, but then again it does not have to be to be great successful either. Just needs a strong enough playerbase to last for years and support high quality content being developed.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Well good thing the debs don't think like the op or the game would be doomed. They know exactly the type of game they are creating and who it will appeal to. Do they hope it will appeal to others? Sure but they aren't counting on that revenue. They are aiming to have a small, loyal playerbase and because of this they aren't going hogwild with spending so they don't need a million subs to keep the game running.

I intend to play it when it releases and I will enjoy it from what I have seen and read so far. Will it be the overwhelming success the OP is predicting? I doubt it but I'm ok with that.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2017
    OP I don't "understand" what you mean. I can read the words but I must conclude that what you mean by words like "huge", "large", "haters" and so forth is different to my definition. Otherwise I must conclude that you are delusional.

I suspect (hope) that the devs are rooted in reality. Whether they can keep the costs down though that is the challenge. If they budget for 50k people and get 50k that would be success; budget for 250k and get 50k - not good. Same 50k - very different result.

People on this site will be very happy for Pantheon to succeed. Disbelief and realism doesn't mean hate. Like I said you use the same words but what you mean by them and what I mean are different.
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    haven't seen anything terrible in the game but I haven't seen anything greater either for my tastes