Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard , Me and their .. Community

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2016
    Meanwhile in real life...

I think it's quite obvious that, if we took a poll of the general female population's opinions on gender equality and roles...  That more women's opinions would make them opponents of the feminist agenda, rather than proponents.

Evolution predisposes our genders to differing roles in regards to sex appeal/attraction, family roles, etc.  That doesn't mean members of each gender cannot fill any given role, but that the majority of the population accepts that certain roles are primarily assumed by certain genders.  It's a rule that has exceptions, like any other.  We shouldn't disparage the exceptions, but there's no need to demonize the rule.

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    We got a better pose anyway. And stop tossing logs into these outrage fires. No one wins in this race to the bottom. And, as much as this site is an anti Blizzard circle jerk of bitter Uncle Owens, surely you can't believe that Blizzard will pull guns from OW. I mean, really?

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Logging in now!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2016
    kids, you don't get the point here.

this wasn't "really" about being sexist, but being "not fitting" for the char, tracer is no "sex symbol", tracer is a "joyfull fellow". and having that focus on her ass was abit too much for some i'd say (not gonna go into guessing why now....)

they replaced it with another typical pose, yea, but this one is surely more playful, aye? :)

incase you noticed, no one bitched about widow's poses.

uh, but can someone maybe tell me what this thread is about?
    it's not like the thing the poster mentioned has ANYTHING to do with what he said after that link ^^

PS: removing guns will obviously NOT happen.
    seriously, like you could remove guns from anything american ^^ 
    shesh.... want them to riot? just try *G*

and if you actually thought this MIGHT happen..... you are quite naive.
    this did NOT Happen bc some 13k people asked for it, but because they had a point, and blizz agreed to it.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I remember a time when people weren't so thin skinned or easy to offend.  I'm sorry, but anyone complaining about this stuff and are actually serious about it, well, I just think you need help. It's like the whole world turned into a bunch of whining pussies.

Try spending your time complaining about something that actually matters. Freaks...
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Ok Maybe it is just me but I read this line
    If we can cleanse Overwatch of all of it's problematic guns and sexuality, we will finally have a first person shooter that we can play with our entire family.
    and think .. Shooter ... with no guns ... what are we supposed to use harsh language?
    This makes no sense.
    Even trying to think of anything more family friendly is Splatoon .. but it has guns too, granted they shoot paint.
    As far as the sexuality ... well sad to say but sex sells .. that is marketing and get used to it.

• JhiaPetJhiaPet Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Do people really not see that this is satire?
  • DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150
    JhiaPet said:
    Do people really not see that this is satire?

The way I read it was, someone took a snippet of a petition creator's response in regards to a petition they made and was apparently honored by Blizzard, that petition creator talked crazy about their perceptions in regards to the petition and their reasoning, then talked even crazier about their perceptions in regards to what they want next. Then a confusing and not separated/pre-explained post was pasted down, and a more confusing final p.s. was added.

That's my perception of the original post.

What I think pretty much everyone is responding to is: The crazy petitioner's crazy perception and even crazier elaboration on what they next want done and how they perceive those issues.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Wow, don't know what to say.  Are people complaining about the dances in wow?  Female night elf was taken from this video: 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150
    waynejr2 said:
    Wow, don't know what to say.  Are people complaining about the dances in wow?  Female night elf was taken from this video: 

LOL, that is so wrong on a couple of levels. As a funny side note, what were all the people looking at? It wasn't anywhere even remotely near the stage, it was like a producer was telling the audience what to do and wouldn't give them a moment to even pretend to be watching that horrible dancing (sound off, looked like it sounded bad too). Definitely the night elf dance =p

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Tracer doesn't like boys anyways...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    How do you get a video to show from youtube like that. I cannot find any such button when I post just a link one.

kitarad said:
    How do you get a video to show from youtube like that. I cannot find any such button when I post just a link one.

I just copy the url and paste is directly.  I don't use any button.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    ahh okay thanks

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2016
    kitarad said:
    I just convert the post editor to HTML and manually input the tags when I try to post images, videos, or embed links.  No idea how you do with the enhanced editor. :confused:

EDIT- thought this post got submitted earlier today.  Disregard!

• DashPadraoDashPadrao Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Ahah this is a joke next he will ask to remove the chars from the game or make it like quiz game or something ahahah xD?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    They removed the Tracer pose in beta or alpha.  It was long long time ago.  
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Wizardry said:
    I have learned a lot about Blizzard and how corrupt and shotty they run their business but that sort of stuff is just nonsense.
    remove guns from a gun game...lol,that is going over the top.
    sexist pose??Oh guess someone missed the boat on regular family time tv viewing for oh the past 50 years?Guess i do need to make point that just because something has been a long stay in humanity does not make it right,but to have missed the boat on everything else in life and point solely at OW is laughable.
    CORRUPT? Really? 

Just when I thought poor arguments could never get worst.

I can only imagine what real issues you and @IceAge have in RL.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ArkudelArkudel Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Meanwhile in real life...

I think it's quite obvious that, if we took a poll of the general female population's opinions on gender equality and roles...  That more women's opinions would make them opponents of the feminist agenda, rather than proponents.

Evolution predisposes our genders to differing roles in regards to sex appeal/attraction, family roles, etc.  That doesn't mean members of each gender cannot fill any given role, but that the majority of the population accepts that certain roles are primarily assumed by certain genders.  It's a rule that has exceptions, like any other.  We shouldn't disparage the exceptions, but there's no need to demonize the rule.

Out of curiosity, what do you think the so-called "feminist agenda" is? Maybe the rules with which you are familiar are not the rules with which the rest of the world are familiar: women -- as well as men -- take on a variety of roles contingent upon the society and the situation in which they find themselves and, frankly, American societal values (particularly those of the American south) are hardly shining examples worthy of emulation or praise; one need look no further than into recent politics to find both evidence and insanity there.

I'd recommend that instead of assuming women would oppose your utterly imaginary and fantasized feminist agenda that you actually ask women (not your mom) about how they feel in regards to the portrayal of women in media, video games, and so on. Do some research. Real research. Then go ahead and complain about the unfairness that poor men face whenever they want to see an animated butt.
    filmoret said:

So this issue is a big to do about nothing.  wow

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Wizardry said:
    I have learned a lot about Blizzard and how corrupt and shotty they run their business but that sort of stuff is just nonsense.
    remove guns from a gun game...lol,that is going over the top.
    sexist pose??Oh guess someone missed the boat on regular family time tv viewing for oh the past 50 years?Guess i do need to make point that just because something has been a long stay in humanity does not make it right,but to have missed the boat on everything else in life and point solely at OW is laughable.
    CORRUPT? Really? 

Just when I thought poor arguments could never get worst.

I can only imagine what real issues you and @IceAge have in RL.

Why are you putting me with Wizardy in the same boat ?!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    waynejr2 said:
    filmoret said:

So this issue is a big to do about nothing.  wow
    Isn't it always.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    If they redesigned Tracer to please SJW i would not be surprised if they replace the guns with water guns or slingshots that shoot confetti bags.

I don't condone piracy but when companies censor their games to please pieces of garbage people they stop getting money from me.

@DNKano, if someone gets offended they can just look the other way and not buy the game. It's that simple. They don't have to ruin it for everyone else.

EDIT: the author of the petition is probably on drugs too, or is a very old person.
    Censoring my ASS! There are boundaries when your target audience is not just adults.

There is no reason to look away and then determine that it's completely acceptable. If I want to live like this I would have just move to fucking Dubia.

But hey, I'm fucking stuck with Trump for Prez for the next 4 damn years.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    One man's rights is another man's rights being violated...or atleast the world pretty much says....
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Again I'm reminded of this quote:
    And now, they're thinking about banning toy guns – and they're gonna keep the fucking real ones!

George Carlin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung