Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Playing?

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
ive never gotten past level 30 and that was years ago. My tastes have changed and I believe I may enjoy a full play through of this game. I'm the type that'll want to play through every quest and dungeon. Is this realistic or will the community force me to level asap to level cap to day group content?

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Hello and wellcome back to Middle Earth.
    I have an impression you are kind of completionist. Well, to be one is nice (you know, Lotro points, titles, marks...even rare drops).
    Some instances are meant for end-game and if you come as lvl.50 to lvl.105 instance - you would receive no xp, no special rewards...and probably little players would understand why you are here.
    Last days I saw lots advertisiments about Moria/Lothlorien instances, inviting both on-level and "lvl.105 especially wellcome". So, you should have no problems with that.
    Isengard instances may be hard, you need strong, experienced group. May be harder with them.
    Featured instance is meant for lvl.100-105 only. You may go as lower level, but you won't get a special box that gives Anfalas scroll of empowerent, 5 Long-lost coins and also a chance to get tier 8 Essence. We call these "box runs".
    Some instances are long, requires many people (raids). With right Kinship, you may organize even such runs (like Rift in Moria).
    Not sure if this answered your question. Should you be on Laurelin, feel free to ask my toons (Stormsong, Naktieskarys) for help, if fire/healing support is needed.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Why not?  LOTRO is a charming game, and now with the transition to Daybreak its future is safe for at least another couple of years.
    It's not my type of game but I can see its charm, I am sure you are going to love it.
    There are lots of things to do, a good story, plenty of quests and decent dungeons, though like any older game, it's going to be a problem finding a group early levels.
    But this is a problem every MMO has, so it should not be a biggy.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited December 2016
    This game is definitely worth playing but even more so if you find just two other people to play with because when I played this I had two other friends and we were able to do most of the content with ease and it was fun too. I liked the game when I played years ago about the time before Moria was about to come out.

The game has some unique classes and it was an enjoyable game that used the terrain very well and was able to hide entrances and exits that opened up the area surprisingly well and you were often deceived into thinking that it was small.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    nate1980 said:
    I'm the type that'll want to play through every quest and dungeon. Is this realistic or will the community force me to level asap to level cap to day group content?
    This really isn't a level cap type of game.  Sure there are a lot of lvl 105's out there playing the (current) end game, but there's also guilds that use an XP stopper and just stay around lvl 10 and RP / play the low level stuff so no, no one is going to force you to grind to get to max level as quick as possible.

The majority of the advice you'll hear on that subject is:

'The journey is more important than the finish'.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Thank you all so much. I'll give it a good run here in the future.