Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tamer or Valkyrie Awakening

BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67
edited December 2016 in Black Desert Online
I like both classes. But I want to play with one and for that I ask for opinions.

I like a class that melee and this in front of the fight
I'm not interested in an op class but I want it to be useful. Can fight 1 vs 1 or endure a 1 vs 2 fight.

I want to be useful in siege with the character

thx =)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Elite: Dangerous
Post edited by Bonejoker on

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I can't speak for Tamer but I play a Valkyrie.

Though I like it there are people who feel it's underpowered. Having said that, sieges are a group activity and the Valkyrie does have a heal for the group (on a timer). So it can be useful.

Warrior seems to a a melee favorite for people.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Bonejoker said:

I want to be useful in siege with the character

thx =)
    As a 10 year EVE Online vet,the advice I can give applies here too.

If you want to be helpful in group PvP content,

Show up.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Tamer has amazing AOE so I can see the class being useful in Large Scale PVP. 

I just made a Tamer the other day and so far having a blast. ;)
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    sadly tamer's awakening is the weakest of the group and her pet seems to be bugged since the update. mine keeps dyeing in one or two hits and does laughable dmg compared to the witches pets. Valk is the least played class so her gear would be much cheaper then the rest.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i love my tamer but i stopped playing it because i was not very excited about her awakening weapon so i still dont have it. I usually don't like Bo Staff in games because devs never properly use Shaolin Kung Fu as the reference for that weapon's moveset, but i recently watched a video of the tamer and they totally nailed it. Can't wait to get my hands on that Bo Staff.

edited December 2016
    Most fun class I have played so far.  =)

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I hear nothing but complaints on the main forums about how tamers are under-powered in pve and pvp.  Would not recommend if you want to siege.  I've heard of tamers getting purged from siege guilds.

MMORPG.com is a happy-go-lucky land consisting of 10 fanbois.  I wouldn't come here looking for serious advice on the game.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I hear nothing but complaints on the main forums about how tamers are under-powered in pve and pvp.  Would not recommend if you want to siege.  I've heard of tamers getting purged from siege guilds.

MMORPG.com is a happy-go-lucky land consisting of 10 fanbois.  I wouldn't come here looking for serious advice on the game.
    Like your input is any less valid.

If the OP asks between those 2 classes what should we tell him? To not play the game because it's p2w based on your opinion? Or we actually stay on topic and tell him what to use between the two?

I really liked the Tamer but like people are saying it's pet is quite buggy.

Tamer is kinda like an assassin but has a pet. A shame its only a female class as I hate playing as a female.

edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:

Like your input is any less valid.

If the OP asks between those 2 classes what should we tell him? To not play the game because it's p2w based on your opinion? Or we actually stay on topic and tell him what to use between the two?
    What?  We should tell him how useful the classes are, like what I attempted to do.

I'm actually playing the game again because there's nothing better around.  Looks pretty nice on my new 480 and Witch awakening is sweet even though I had to wait 6 months to get it...

The game definitely has its fair share of undeniable positives- but it still has an insidious monitization model and is potentially p2w, that's true.  Note that I'm not the one that went off topic with that, though.
    edited December 2016
    Besides recore which said it's fun, no one is saying tamer is great.

I don't see the point of you calling the people's opinions as trash because you assume they are "fanbois". And why can't he get good advice on this site?

Bloodaxes said:

I don't see the point of you calling the people's opinions as trash because you assume they are "fanbois". And why can't he get good advice on this site?
    Because I don't think the majority of posters here are at endgame yet, for one thing.  And it seems most don't "play it seriously".  The game is fine and fun if you want to play it that way, but if you're looking for serious advice, I'd hit up the main forums.
    Bloodaxes said:

Because I don't think the majority of posters here are at endgame yet, for one thing.  And it seems most don't "play it seriously".  The game is fine and fun if you want to play it that way, but if you're looking for serious advice, I'd hit up the main forums.
    You don't really need to be in endgame to know why tamer is not great when her pet is bugged. You can check guides and visit the BDO forum to know that.

I chose Berserker for instance, because I knew their awakening is great for endgame yet I didn't reach "endgame".

I just believe that the most important thing is finding a class that you enjoy playing.

I am never one of those that picks a class because it ranks high on a leaderboard or is considered one of the best.

Usually I choose one of the less played classes in games =)

DMKano said:
    Recore said:

I just believe that the most important thing is finding a class that you enjoy playing.

I am never one of those that picks a class because it ranks high on a leaderboard or is considered one of the best.

Usually I choose one of the less played classes in games =)

Well you chose well as tamer is the least played class..... for a good reason.

I look foward to the challenges.  ;)
    Bloodaxes said:
    Bloodaxes said:

You don't really need to be in endgame to know why tamer is not great when her pet is bugged. You can check guides and visit the BDO forum to know that.

I chose Berserker for instance, because I knew their awakening is great for endgame yet I didn't reach "endgame".
    Right, you found this information from the BDO forums and guides.  You didn't find this stuff out here.  So you're agreeing with me. 

edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Right, you found this information from the BDO forums and guides.  You didn't find this stuff out here.  So you're agreeing with me. 

Well obviously. Since this is a site for all mmos not an individual one.

Your statement works for every game ever created. Well, unless the admins of this very site created their own game.

edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Well obviously. Since this is a site for all mmos not an individual one.

Your statement works for every game ever created. Well, unless the admins of this very site created their own game.
    I think some subforums have historically offered more useful insights into games than this one, but you're right in general.

So you're still agreeing with me that this is not the best place to find answers to the OP's question.

Not sure how you can agree with me so much and derail the thread so hard at the same time.

Not sure how you can agree with me so much and derail the thread so hard at the same time.
    The derailing could have stopped or even better not happened if you didn't have to call other people's opinions as trash because they're "fanboys" in your view for liking the game.

Before you posted everyone was answering the op. You could have said your thing on why x is bad but you had to add that line to insult the other people that responded.

The derailing can stop whenever you stop. I'm just responding to your questions. Don't turn this useless charade on me. 

Bloodaxes said:

How do you know players don't play it seriously? Holden, you seem to have very strong opinions about players.

Heck, I play "casual" but that doesn't mean I don't play it seriously. Just have x amount of time to actually play games. Even so I'll be 58 this weekend all the while playing the game how I want to play it. It's important to note that Black Desert does allow a somewhat wide range of activities that one can "play seriously". I mean, look at the Master fishers who are somewhere in their 20's with that activity.

However "yes" I would agree with you that if one wanted to get more detailed and hands on information, going to the official forums would be the better place. Not because people aren't at endgame or don't play it seriously but because there are more people who have a lot of experience with what the OP is asking.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:

The derailing could have stopped or even better not happened if you didn't have to call other people's opinions as trash because they're "fanboys" in your view for liking the game.

Before you posted everyone was answering the op. You could have said your thing on why x is bad but you had to add that line to insult the other people that responded.

The derailing can stop whenever you stop. I'm just responding to your questions. Don't turn this useless charade on me. 
    As you mention, there's better places to find the information.  I was pointing that out.  I'm not even asking you questions.  You started this derail by talking about how I apparently think the game is p2w out of nowhere.  I'm trying to help the OP.  You're clearly on some other kind of agenda.

You are just going to have to live with the fact that I have a few differing opinions on the game then you and a few other regular posters on this subforum.  Constantly attacking my character or telling me to stop posting or trying to regulate what I can say is not going to work.
    Again I would have said nothing if you didn't add:

"MMORPG.com is a happy-go-lucky land consisting of 10 fanbois.  I wouldn't come here looking for serious advice on the game."

This back and forth was regarding whether the information gotten from users here is relevant or not. I haven't mentioned p2w besides my first response. Feel free to check.

Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:

How do you know players don't play it seriously? Holden, you seem to have very strong opinions about players.

Heck, I play "casual" but that doesn't mean I don't play it seriously. Just have x amount of time to actually play games. Even so I'll be 58 this weekend all the while playing the game how I want to play it. It's important to note that Black Desert does allow a somewhat wide range of activities that one can "play seriously". I mean, look at the Master fishers who are somewhere in their 20's with that activity.

However "yes" I would agree with you that if one wanted to get more detailed and hands on information, going to the official forums would be the better place. Not because people aren't at endgame or don't play it seriously but because there are more people who have a lot of experience with what the OP is asking.

When I say "seriously", I'm talking about players that min/max their playtime for character progression.  Those are the people you want to ask about things relating to endgame, and as you point out, you're not going to find too many here.

Everyone is of course free to play the game however they want and I personally think the game is better played as casually as possible, since there really isn't any endgame to speak of.
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:

When I say "seriously", I'm talking about players that min/max their playtime for character progression.  Those are the people you want to ask about things relating to endgame, and as you point out, you're not going to find too many here.

Everyone is of course free to play the game however they want and I personally think the game is better played as casually as possible, since there really isn't any endgame to speak of.
    ah I see, thanks for the clarification. ;)

We have DMKano here that is serious into pvp.