Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvation...

VenaliciusVenalicius Member Posts: 33

The boards are lacking postage as of yet in my oppinion. maybe im wrong. but FEDevs If you are listening (which most of the time you are::::08::) Here is at least one fan that wishes there was another scrap of information about this game to keep us going while we are waiting

Comments

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124
    I'm not sure about the rest of the community here, but I am starting to have doubts about this game ever seeing the light of day. Lets see...

- They said that the official forums would be released Christmas 2005, and we are still waiting.

- Last time I heard anything from them, they were touring South East Asia doing tech demo's of the game to prospective investors.

- The screen shots are simply the same thing, a bunch of people standing around a barren landscape. To me this indicates that they have the character models right, but have yet to do any serious work on the world.

Also the big news that Bio-ware, the makes of the Fallout and Neverwinter Nights games, are getting into MMO's with a new secret project. If that game is Fallout Online, then I'm sorry guys, Fallen Earth would be history.
  • adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Venalicius
    The boards are lacking postage as of yet in my oppinion. maybe im wrong. but FEDevs If you are listening (which most of the time you are::::08::) Here is at least one fan that wishes there was another scrap of information about this game to keep us going while we are waiting"

As far as I am aware, another newsletter is due soon and it is likely to arrive, in my opinion, by the end of April. Until then we just have to be patient and sit tight. We have had alot of updated artwork and images since January so I wouldn't worry too much.

Originally posted by RipperjackAU
    I'm not sure about the rest of the community here, but I am starting to have doubts about this game ever seeing the light of day.

It is generally accepted that large commercial PC games will take a long time and alot of effort to develop. Another convention that is generally accepted, is that gigantic MMORPGs consume a coepious ammount of time and effort to develop.

You have to remain patient. Your opinion appears to be a little premature given the current state of the game and activity of the developers. Give Icarus a break, they are juggling PR with software development. I do not think they had anticipated this much interest prior to implementing any real marketing strategy, so forgive them if they are a little busy with important things like debugging and content creation rather than wasting resources on silly things like employing a "hype-man".

They have been doing an excellent job.

They said that the official forums would be released Christmas 2005, and we are still waiting.

To my knowledge, Icarus have not released any official information about their goals, deadlines or timeframes nor have they given us any real indications regarding public beta testing.

Have I missed something somewhere? Who said this, where and when?

Also the big news that Bio-ware, the makes of the Fallout and Neverwinter Nights games, are getting into MMO's with a new secret project. If that game is Fallout Online, then I'm sorry guys, Fallen Earth would be history.

From my experiences, this genre has a reputation of releasing "brand name" games that people will purchase based soley off the name...these games had rushed or were released incomplete and has led to some...dissapointing titles.

If Bio-Ware are capable of reproducing a game of the standard as well as the quality that Icarus intends to give Fallen Earth and can get it on the market within a modest timeframe, then kudos to them. However, I still wouldn't count FE out. If their unique technology and gameplay innovations isn't enough, we have the great attitude adopted by the devs. This will give them an overwhelming advantage.

We'll have to wait and see - but I have a good feeling Fallen Earth will be worth our patience.

• AtheraalAtheraal Member Posts: 90

For one thing, Interplay made Fallout, not BioWare. And for another, Bethesda (Morrowind) now owns the Fallout license, so BioWare wouldn't be legally able to make a Fallout MMO.

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

FE, like the end of the world is inevitable. Its on its way even though theres no big countdown or huge add campaign we've endured the wait thus far. I don't think anyone else here is as doubtfull about it.

IM STILL HERE AND I AIN'T MOVIN

Woopty woop Icarus....Woopty woopimage

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• SlagathorSlagathor Member Posts: 37
    Jeez RJ. You left out your most famous complaint of all; that you're not getting a comic out of the deal even though the rest of the world has enough to wipe their arses with...image
  • CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Although Bethesda owns the rights to Fallout 3, 4, and 5, Interplay still owns the rights to any Fallout MMOs, So thats not gonna happen. Also, BioWare is looking for 25 programers who worked on SWG in the pre-CU, and Sony's license for a Star Wars MMO is up this year supposedly, so we could be looking at KotOR 3: Online soon. That coupled with the rumors of Sony making pre-nge servers, or possibly a full game wipe makes me suspect this could be true.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• fedesignfedesign Member Posts: 11

First, I apologize for any confusion that might've gotten out about when anything related to our game might be released.  As far as I know, I don't think we ever stated that anything would be released by any particular date, Christmas 2005, or any other date. 

If any information came out that contradicts this, I am sorry about that and I'm sorry for any confusion or false hope or hype that this might've caused.

Second, while we are interested in the market for our game in all parts of the world, including Asia, we are far too focused on finishing our game to let those interests distract us from our primary mission which is to get our game finished and out there so that you all can have fun playing it.

Finally, many of the screen shots do show a pretty barren environment at this time.  Adding content is the most important part of finishing the game and we're deep into that at this moment.  Our art staff has worked very hard on getting good Player Character models in the game.  Our attitude was that since this is the thing that is going to be "you" in the game, that you'll want your in-game "you" to look as good as possible.  We did not want to use the same models for characters as for NPC's.  We have re-worked the PC models several times with the goal of getting them just right.  I think they look very nice and I'm not required to think that way!

We are focused on getting the game finished as quickly as possible and making sure everything in the game is done at the highest quality level possible.  It's a big task and it takes a long time to do it all. 

With regard to Fallout Online, I think that would be a very fun game if it comes out.  I loved the 1st 2 Fallout Games, I thought they were very innovative and very fun and immersive games.  I hope that something like Fallout Online comes out soon so that I can play that game too, as well as Fallen Earth!

Thanks to everyone for your interest and your concern.  I am confident that you will think the wait was worth it once you are able to get into the world we're building and experience it for yourselves. 

I'm sorry for any confusion that might have arisen, however it came to pass, regarding release dates or dates for anything else.  No matter what you've heard and no matter who you've heard it from, I'd just like to repeat that no release date for anything is "official" unless it comes from this account on MMORPG or unless it's posted on our website.  Any other dates or timeframes that you might've gleaned or deduced from interviews, newsletter statements, etc. don't mean anything in that regard.

We're on schedule and we're happy with the progress we're making, though we all certainly wish it could be finished faster.  Again, it's a big project and it takes time to get it done and we're trying to get it done as "right" as possible.

Thanks again for your patience, understanding and your enthusiasm!

I'm not sure about the rest of the community here, but I am starting to have doubts about this game ever seeing the light of day. Lets see...

- They said that the official forums would be released Christmas 2005, and we are still waiting.

- Last time I heard anything from them, they were touring South East Asia doing tech demo's of the game to prospective investors.

- The screen shots are simply the same thing, a bunch of people standing around a barren landscape. To me this indicates that they have the character models right, but have yet to do any serious work on the world.

• EszekialEszekial Member Posts: 10

FEDESIGN, please make sure they include a 1 handed weapon called "large mouth bass," so that I can be the first on the server to player kill you with it.

I <3 FE DESIGN

Praying for a Fallen Earth

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Thanks for posting man!

And yes, I completely agree that the character design is VERY important ::::31:: and the character models are looking bloody awesome!

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Only thing that struck me strange fedesign said is that they weren't using the same models for PC and NPC characters. It seems to me that if you have a very solid model system, you could use it for both types of characters and have no need to differentiate between the two.

Does this mean NPCs are of lesser quality than PCs? I hope I'm just interpreting that wrong.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• VenaliciusVenalicius Member Posts: 33

I think s/he means that its completly impossible to look just like an NPC. Maybe they made new facial skins for them, their own NPC line of clothing. I think it would be a pain in the arse if you spent hours making your char just to your liking just to have the first NPC you walk up to be your mirror image. I'm hoping thats what he ment. although i also hope the NPC's dont have all the coolest clothes... i get jelous sometimes and i wouldnt want to waste any pretty ammo on a simple npc...

• KohrathKohrath Member Posts: 35

Thanks for the info fedev.

FallenEarth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information.

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

The FE Gods have spokenimage. I been trying to get the word out to friends also about FE but they are so jaded by WoW they think they're life'll end if they look the other way.

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• Gameboy56Gameboy56 Member Posts: 4
    Lets hope that this comes out BEFORE the end of the world.