Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are none of you talking about Star Marine?

124»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2016
    Then stop participating and dragging the drama on and on.

Hey person who never contributed to that very same drama, hehehe! But this is what this forums are, what can be done?

Some people best interest is flame-bait the threads into oblivion, I'm all up to discuss the game, the question is... It will always be derailed to something else. If it is possible to fight off the derail, I haven't saw anyone pulling that off.

At this point I don't think it is possible to have a discussion about the game that isn't going to turn into a <Scam/con/cult/religion/paid shills/CIG is this and that/CR is this and that/SC will never release/they're liars/delays>

To put it in a simple matter: I'm already past the phase of even trying to keep a discussion about the game and not drama, not sure if you remember when I asked to keep the discussions on topic, I was accused of being a paid shill who wanted to "suppress the truth".
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Is the discussion happening elsewhere? I thought the forums here would be busy.

Though I haven't played a shooter since Unreal Tournament (I am old) I thought the video was well made and it looked fun. Certainly impressive for a product still in alpha. And it is certainly a sign of life, of progress. That should make the SC fans happy. 

Just seems odd to me. 
    I am also from thew aged 1998/99 Unreal series,played a LOT of FPS gaming alongside Quake.
    I learned all about game engines thanks to Unreal and learned a lot more in the process including al lof game design.

"video well made"If you have followed SC at all you would know that this was actually one of the negatives.It has been said that mismanagement "Chris"spent most of the time and money playing Mr.Director,instead of building a game.Videos also do not a game make,not even 1% do they matter to each other.one is for advertising/marketing and the other "game play" is the real deal.

"ALPHA"says who?We should all realize by now that the terms ..Alpha..Beta means absolutely nothing,ti is a term that developers have been using to steer away from criticism when they start selling "taking $$$" for their product.

I would say aged gamer's were MUCH more intelligent,.NEVER could a developer take money for a half assed unfinished product,yet now a days,these are supported all over the internet.When you take money from consumers,it is considered a SALE,in this case the sale is obviously ships,he does not get any money without the ships.

Impressive??I would hardly call it even remotely impressive,i would think a long time Unreal series gamer,could easily see that.However i will cut you some slack since you did tell us you have not played a fps since UT,so your out of the game design loop by many years.

I can tell you right now that not only is the work done so weak,3 skilled developer employees could pull off what he has done with a LOT less money and a lot less time,so NO it is not impressive at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    You can paste the quote over and over where Chris is a dick to backers and tells everyone Star Marine is already in game and people will hand wave it away.
    So your understanding of this as I quote: "When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. (...) we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU. "

Is that he claimed SM is already in the game? Or that FPS mechanics were already in the game? >.>

(I find amazing we're having this worthless discussion after SM is released, but after all this forum is mostly not about the game, so do what... moar flame-bait pls Kefo!)
    Thanks for proving my point about the hand waving it away. But this is the actual quote

"So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like "Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where's Star Marine!?" Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1."

edited December 2016
    Kefo said:
    Thanks for proving my point about the hand waving it away. But this is the actual quote

"So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like "Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where's Star Marine!?" Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that's what it's 2.1."

That's not saying SM is in the game; that answer ends with:
    "So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU."

How can one understand that meant SM was already in the game, and not that FPS was already in the game and SM would release later, is beyond me. Moar drama please!
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

That's not saying SM is in the game; that answer ends with:
    "So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU."

How can one understand that meant SM was already in the game, and not that FPS was already in the game and SM would release later, is beyond me. Moar drama please!
    The problem I have with that answer(which is the end of the answer, I'm not disputing that) is that from start to finish Chris tells people star marine is in game and then flip flops between it's in and it's not. He can't even give a straight answer as to a simple question and he took it a step further by insulting people first
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    ste2000 said:
    Is the discussion happening elsewhere? I thought the forums here would be busy.

People are too busy bitching about the game here.........

httpwwwfootballfoodandmotherhoodcomwp-contentuploads201301tumblr_mb6gdvZeKB1r8jvb3o2_500gif

I'm sorry, I was busy going through the weekly "buy this ship hull package" mail.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    edited December 2016
    CIG knew that had to release something, so decided to build a simple arena FPS and call it Star Marine. They figured that AC bought them 2 years so it seemed like a smart move.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    Then stop participating and dragging the drama on and on.

Hey person who never contributed to that very same drama, hehehe! But this is what this forums are, what can be done?

Some people best interest is flame-bait the threads into oblivion, I'm all up to discuss the game, the question is... It will always be derailed to something else. If it is possible to fight off the derail, I haven't saw anyone pulling that off.

At this point I don't think it is possible to have a discussion about the game that isn't going to turn into a <Scam/con/cult/religion/paid shills/CIG is this and that/CR is this and that/SC will never release/they're liars/delays>

To put it in a simple matter: I'm already past the phase of even trying to keep a discussion about the game and not drama, not sure if you remember when I asked to keep the discussions on topic, I was accused of being a paid shill who wanted to "suppress the truth".

Yeah I've participated in it before but you don't see me complaining about the drama because that would be duplicitous of me.

I'm also up for discussing the game, unfortunately there is very little game to actually discuss right now, perhaps when they finally get around to putting in some gameplay mechanics with 3.0 there will be a better chance at this.

The thing is Max, and this is why I made my post. You want to play both sides. You want to partake in the drama to defend your side of things but you don't want others doing the same because that's "causing drama".
    If you take part you are perpetuating it and therefore lose all rights to complain.

edited December 2016
    If you take part you are perpetuating it and therefore lose all rights to complain.
    No, I want to complain about the mess that this forum is, as I've tried to have maintain the game discussions outside the usual drama before only to be attacked for it. Well, I can't say I haven't tried.

And we reach the typical claim, that is let's not discuss the game because there is "no game"; instead let's just keep the drama festival going. 

You can say me I can't complain about this but I didn't intentionally want to push that forward, but as it seems people around this forum want drama, this is all we get to do then! It seems there is no place in the whole internet we can have balanced discussions towards SC, without the usual drama derailing everything to oblivion.

If we think 3.0 or even the release of SC with all its promised features would ever change the mess this forum is, I think we would be lying to ourselves. Naysayers will always find something to naysay about, and that is just the nature of it, like politics. (just refer the forum sections of some other games on this site)
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    It sucks.  /the end
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I paid for a space game not a FPS.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • gir243gir243 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    MaxBacon said:
    No, I want to complain about the mess that this forum is, as I've tried to have maintain the game discussions outside the usual drama before only to be attacked for it.

And we reach the typical claim, that is let's not discuss the game because there is "no game"; instead let's just keep the drama festival going. 

You can say me I can't complain about this but I don't intentionally want to continue but as it seems people around this forum wants drama, this is all we get to do then! It seems there is no place in the whole internet we can have balanced discussions towards SC, without the usual drama derailing everything to oblivion.

If we think 3.0 or even the release of SC with all its promised features would ever change the mess this forum is, I think we would be lying to ourselves. Naysayers will always find something to naysay about, and that is just the nature of it, like politics. (just refer the forum sections of some other games on this site)

Surely you could find less drama and none of these "attacks" you keep mentioning on the official forums?  You said it yourself, you want more game discussion.  Where better to get more game discussion with like-minded individuals than on the official forums?

You might even be able to get some sleep without needing to F5 every 30 seconds.
    MaxBacon
    Just for funsies SC makes Wired's vapourware list

https://www.wired.com/2016/12/vaporware-games/
    edited December 2016
    gir243 said:
    Surely you could find less drama and none of these "attacks" you keep mentioning on the official forums?  You said it yourself, you want more game discussion.  Where better to get more game discussion with like-minded individuals than on the official forums?
    There are reasons I do not participate on the official forums. Hence the lack of balanced discussions and aggressivity as part of them.

So no, you don't get that better on game discussions. The fun part is the same thing people complain about that happens the official forums, end up doing the extreme opposite to it on forums as this, mirrors are fun aren't they. 

Oh and I don't F5; classic good old RSS feeder. ;)

gir243 said:
    MaxBacon said:
    No, I want to complain about the mess that this forum is, as I've tried to have maintain the game discussions outside the usual drama before only to be attacked for it.

You can say me I can't complain about this but I don't intentionally want to continue but as it seems people around this forum wants drama, this is all we get to do then! It seems there is no place in the whole internet we can have balanced discussions towards SC, without the usual drama derailing everything to oblivion.

You might even be able to get some sleep without needing to F5 every 30 seconds.
    Still find drama on the official forum because CIG like to announce things to news outlets sometimes instead of to the backers and people asking questions if they should still back this game or not and getting attacked
  • OriphusOriphus Member UncommonPosts: 467
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    You can paste the quote over and over where Chris is a dick to backers and tells everyone Star Marine is already in game and people will hand wave it away.
    So your understanding of this as I quote: "When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. (...) we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU. "

Is that he claimed SM is already in the game? Or that FPS mechanics were already in the game? >.>

(I find amazing we're having this worthless discussion after SM is released, but after all this forum is mostly not about the game, so do what... moar flame-bait pls Kefo!)

Show the bit where it says star marine was in game. How you get so confused over this basic English i don't know. All that was ever said was that fps was in the game in 2.0 and he was annoyed with people moaning over and over about there being no fps 'star marine' module when it was / should have been far more exciting that fps was included in the mini pu module at the time. As was explained to you 100 times or more I am sure is that the ability to hold a sandbox version of 'Star Marine' was always in the mini PU, just agree to meet up, have teams and shoot each other to crap......ta da....
    :)
    "Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C." - Wayne Allyn Root 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited December 2016
    Kefo said:
    No point in arguing with everyone. You can paste the quote over and over where Chris is a dick to backers and tells everyone Star Marine is already in game and people will hand wave it away.
    But that isnt what he said.  He said that Star Marine is already in the game.  Man can't you see the difference here?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    But that isnt what he said.  He said that Star Marine is already in the game.  Man can't you see the difference here?
    Well your avatar is rather fitting on your "seeing" perspective on this matter! :awesome:

SORRY I HAD TO.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Oriphus said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Show the bit where it says star marine was in game. How you get so confused over this basic English i don't know. All that was ever said was that fps was in the game in 2.0 and he was annoyed with people moaning over and over about there being no fps 'star marine' module when it was / should have been far more exciting that fps was included in the mini pu module at the time. As was explained to you 100 times or more I am sure is that the ability to hold a sandbox version of 'Star Marine' was always in the mini PU, just agree to meet up, have teams and shoot each other to crap......ta da....
    The Star Marine stuff was meant to be just a Map + weapon loadout.
    CR said we take the stuff that is in the PU and just put it on another arena map.
    That's not what happened, they rushed out a FPS shooter and are now taking from Star Marine to the PU (quite the other way round)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Easier to find games for Star Marine2.6 than CODIW lol, also make that mass effect andromeda MP lol!

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited December 2016
    MaxBacon said:
    No, I want to complain about the mess that this forum is, as I've tried to have maintain the game discussions outside the usual drama before only to be attacked for it. Well, I can't say I haven't tried.

---> You might have done but you are also integral to the drama, it's up to you how you go forward with that.

---> And yet I said nothing about keeping the drama flowing, how about holding off with putting words in my mouth or are you just trying to cause drama here?!
    It is a fact that there is very little game to talk about, once so mechanics get put in place with 3.0 there might be game loops that we can discuss, finding the best loop for activity X etc.

You can say me I can't complain about this but I didn't intentionally want to push that forward, but as it seems people around this forum want drama, this is all we get to do then! It seems there is no place in the whole internet we can have balanced discussions towards SC, without the usual drama derailing everything to oblivion.

---> You may not want to but you are. The back and forth arguing only occurs because there are people on either side of the fence. If it's one sided then it tends to fizzle out quite quickly.

---> I agree but atleast there will be a better avenue for discussions about gameplay, features, mechanics, load outs etc and because of that, a wider variety of things that can be discussed.

Babuinix said:
    Easier to find games for Star Marine2.6 than CODIW lol, also make that mass effect andromeda MP lol!

eh?