Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remove permanent bans

waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
Suggesting you remove all the permanent bans and notify those users.  Consider this an option to try to increase your visitors.  There was a user named Loktofeit is who is missed and might be great to have back.  Have you considered forgiving them?
http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I have been banned MANY times here and i really hit below the belt now and then, but still these bans have always been temporarily.
    So i wonder what one has to do to get a permaban at all.

I thought that especially veteran users never get hit with a permaban and the heavy hammer only hits these certain folks that register and stir up nothing but trouble with their first 10 comments right away.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    What did he do?  Not trying to dispute a thing. Just curious. Was a pretty decent and revular poster.  So just total curiosity.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    I support the ending of all permanent bans for anything other than those fake spam accounts.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    My guess is few are perma banned, likely they receive very long term bans instead. 

Regardless, you can't really be perma banned, only your alter ego can and  I'm sure some people  create a new account and behave more appropriately.

Others probably realize these forums are causing them too much stress and aggravation and move on, doubt reopening their former account would entice them to come back.

I have a theory on Lokto, he was a US based CCP employee who I suspect lost his job when CCP retrenched in recent years and no longer has the same interest in MMO gaming.

I'm sure he's out there somewhere sharing his insights on some product or service.

But I do miss his presence here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon