Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Best of 2016" left out the real star -- Nostalrius/Elysium

2»

Comments

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    What everyone is missing is the joy of playing this legacy server.  Guilds mean something.  Crafting means something.  World pvp is ON!  This puts the WORLD back in World of Warcraft--something Blizzard has been trying to destroy for years.
  • Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited December 2016
    Deekins said:
    No for those of us that do understand, we understand you are helping contribute to the theft of an IP. You should feel shame that you help contribute to that.

If Blizzard was running a legacy server, I would agree with you.  They aren't. So I don't. 

Next straw-man argument...

Who is the biggest thief of "intellectual property" in the world?

China.

Now look through all your possessions and see how much of it was made in China.

Are you ashamed yet?
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Just like TIME's "Person of the Year" and media's fascination with non-entities like Beyonce and pro-sports athletes, the mmorpg.com best of 2016 left out the one game that shook the entire MMO world.

Nostalrius/Elysium.

I have not had this much fun in years.  YEARS. 

Huge populations.  Excellent performance.  Great people.

The winner is clear. Nost/Elysium is the winner of "Best of 2016".
    Those are private illegal servers, not games.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• CodeBluCodeBlu Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I'm not a fan of private server coz for me. It's like re-publishing a book that belongs to someone else and gaining benefit from it. But now that a lot of people are talking about it I would like to check it out not to play but just out of curiosity.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    By now all realize Wow's popularity but it is as all games are,a biased opinion.I don't care what server or who runs it,it is still just Wow.

What is that to me a gamer of likely more years than anyone on the forum?It means very little,even long days past,i never gave Blizzard even a wink as i always felt their games were really crap.That opinion has nothing to do with Wow,that was something i felt way way back when i had a choice in online gaming of hanging out on Battle.net or Heat.net and the winner was very obvious,Heat.net in a landslide.
    Heat.net was in reality the first real gamer's haven,you could run YOUR own server at their cost...SEGA ran it all.

Those early days really spelled out Blizzard as being a greedy horde monger.Sega ran all kinds of games,Battle.net ran ONLY Blizzard games.Back then Sega was MUCH bigger than Blizzard,they could have easily done what Blizzard was doing and just run their own games but chose to be more a passionate game business than the greedy Blizzard.

Long story short,never cared about Blizzard or their games no matter where they are.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

This discussion has been closed.