Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Intrepid Studios Aims to Breathe New Life into the MMORPG - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Saerain said:

Lheiah said:

Do yourselves a favor and change the name, AoC, is Age of Conan and always will be.

Eh. There are initialism homonyms all over the place. Probably best of all is the almighty SC: StarCraft, Star Citizen, Star Conflict, Star Command, Starfleet Command, Supreme Commander...
    That's great and all, but it's rare those are spoken of in the same forum/discussion. Conversely, on an MMO forum, AoC is rather established as short for Age of Conan. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    According to their website, PvP uses a flagging system. It also seems that certain areas will be designated PvP. Caravans, for instance, create a PvP zone around them.

I'd say it's way too early to be getting excited about this game. But it definitely belongs in the wait and see bin.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

ShuuBox said:

Albatroes said:

stopped reading after using UE4

Why?

I think a lot of people have a poor impression from pseudo-mmo games like ARK trying to make large player bases work and getting lots of lag and troubles. Maybe these guys will be able to make it work, but i'm skeptical.

Or maybe he just has a crappy computer.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I'm excited for any new MMORPG to be honest.

Smile

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited December 2016
    Tiller said:
    ShuuBox said:
    Albatroes said:
    stopped reading after using UE4
    Why?

I think a lot of people have a poor impression from pseudo-mmo games like ARK trying to make large player bases work and getting lots of lag and troubles. Maybe these guys will be able to make it work, but i'm skeptical.

Or maybe he just has a crappy computer.
    I have a friend with a 6900k system with dual 1080's are Ark still runs like a pig at times.  It will take a lot of changes to UE4 to make it run well.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    UE4 is heavily based on Nvidia gameworks, which intunr is a big F.U. to AMD users. Every Gameworks game I'vee tried to run on my AMD pc runs like sludge. Every UE4 game I've tried , pretty much runs like crap. Can't support the use of hardware prioritized monopoly through the use of 3rd party api's . good luck though.
    I have a complete crap AMD card and i played the UE3 Dishonored,a game i love and it also played really smooth.My card is worth about $5 or free ,that is how bad my AMD gpu is,just saying.
    It is always about the developer,any crap or RUSHED developer will  ruin a game.
    The only problem that has always been there for Unreal engines is if a game tries to go super massive,like 300+ players on a screen but even that is doable if scaled down graphics,which is all any other game is doing anyhow.
    It is dam near impossible to make a game that would play with several hundred characters on screen and still allow a large portion of gamer's to be able to play it.So aside from that very small .05% of games that would even try to pull something stupid like that off,the Unreal engines should work perfectly fine for the other 99.9% games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EvilweeblEvilweebl Member UncommonPosts: 24

Wraithone said:

Sounded good, until they got to the PvP. **Everyone** for a VERY long time, has always thought they had some new, "clever" method to keep ganking and griefing down. Its always turned into a gankfest, with the Dev's fighting an endless war with the gankers/griefers.

Keeping PvP and PvE separate is the only known way to keep the endlessly creative/inventive gankers/griefers from ruining other peoples play experience.

The sooner people learn this, the less staff time/talent they will waste in this endless war.

Well actually EVE online handles it pretty well tbh.
    Youtube Channel: yt/DeathsProxy
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    This short interview + the pictures shown totally got my attention. Looking forward to learning more about this project.

Also, i would call it AshoC for short. AoC will create a lot of confusion for obvious reasons.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    So.. I'm trying to figure out. Are we just playing as our own character that we make? Or do we control a army of some sort? Also, is the only playable race just humans?
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Talk is cheap, devs are always saying things like this to drum up some hype.

When there is a game, and it is good, they can say something about "breathing new life into the genre".

Until then, means nothing....

• sh33pishsh33pish Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Yet another unknown studio and requisite kickstarter campaign. This is MMO development as a religion. Don't ask me to have faith and invest based on talk and ideas... I've been burned too many times. In the end, we don't buy ideas, we buy products. Proof of concept is vital, and the materials released so far is insufficient. Show me, then I'll open my wallet.

Everything sounds great so far, but this is an idyllic and ambitious vision of a utopian MMO from an unknown developer, which leaves me more dubious than excited.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    sh33pish said:
    Yet another unknown studio and requisite kickstarter campaign. ...

Everything sounds great so far, but this is an idyllic and ambitious vision of a utopian MMO from an unknown developer, which leaves me more dubious than excited.
    Sounds like the standard indie MMO project then, lol
  • EvilweeblEvilweebl Member UncommonPosts: 24
    sh33pish said:
    Yet another unknown studio and requisite kickstarter campaign. This is MMO development as a religion. Don't ask me to have faith and invest based on talk and ideas... I've been burned too many times. In the end, we don't buy ideas, we buy products. Proof of concept is vital, and the materials released so far is insufficient. Show me, then I'll open my wallet.

Studio isnt completely unknown, while the company is new the developers are all very well know in the gaming industry.
    Youtube Channel: yt/DeathsProxy