Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The release dat discussion...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
So lets start this forum with ssome speculation about release date...

We know nothing about this game, and its state of development...

The MMORPG website indicates a release date of 2017, but that seems highly illogical, i would ssay 2019 at earliest....  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    AAA Studios don't release much info until the games are near release.
    We got used to our "dodgy" MMO developers that release information as soon as they come up with the basic design, but generally Studios with big budget wait until the last minute when the game is solid to create a big impact.
    "Breakaway" has been announced a couple of months ago but it is already in playable Alpha state which looks  more like a Beta in the MMO world, as it looks almost finished.

So while I don't held my hopes high, I would not dismiss completely a release in 2017.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Xodic said:
    The CIA puts out more public information than Amazon does for New World.
    However, I did just pre-order it for $0.00 and then Amazon asked me if I would like to pre-order another copy....
    It will probably launch as F2P.... in winter 2019 !

But it will be playable as Early Access 6 months from now if you buy a $30 Founder Pack...
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    ste2000 said:
    AAA Studios don't release much info until the games are near release.
    We got used to our "dodgy" MMO developers that release information as soon as they come up with the basic design, but generally Studios with big budget wait until the last minute when the game is solid to create a big impact.
    "Breakaway" has been announced a couple of months ago but it is already in playable Alpha state which looks  more like a Beta in the MMO world, as it looks almost finished.

So while I don't held my hopes high, I would not dismiss completely a release in 2017.

I would rethink the word dodgy. When you have a big budget you can afford to be all obscure and mystical. It's the same in other industries or forms of art as well. 
    For example you can find plots, chapters even the whole books from unpublished writers for free, because they need to put their names out there to find publishers or promote their self-published work. But the moment they hit their first contract all those free stuff will vanish. Now you have to beg them to drop a hint for their next book.
    Calling whoever is not rich yet "dodgy" is a tad unfair. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited February 2017
    I was scanning through the job listings for Amazon Games to find any interesting information in the New World related ones and read through a lot. But this one seems to give the more interesting tidbits about potential gameplay. 

They mention things like "advanced AI technology" and "Strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies" which makes me excited about what sort of ideas they have up their sleeve. If anyone can actually come up with some interesting developments in mob AI it'll be them.

There's also the line about "procedurally-generated content" that I saw in both this and another job listing. I can't believe I looked over this obvious line before, but on the purchase page on Amazon for the game it mentions (and also in job listings), "In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition." Do you think they're actually going to change the entire game world every season? I mean that's awesome if true, if they're going to such lengths to give us a game world that isn't static, that could be amazing.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I'm sad no one wants to speculate with me! :(