Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Fresh Start? Yeah RIGHT! - Apex Dupe Is BACK!

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Game has been in poor shape since the get go, honestly not surprised.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2016
    @BillMurphy Happy Holidays. How's your Archeage going? As a fellow Archeage player, I would love to know what you and MMORPG think of what is happening with Trion/Archeage right now.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ozmodan said:
    Troneas said:
    Kaneth said:
    @Troneas

To be perfectly fair. Missing the Apex Exploit, that also existed in the original launch is pretty inexcusable. Shows a true lack of QA on Trion's part. Trion should figure out a way to remove the duped Apex from the market if they aren't going to roll back. Especially since it's going to really mess up the economy of the game for an extremely long time. Even with banning everyone who exploited, Apex inflation won't be corrected since it's most likely being dumped into the economy as a whole.

Sims Online is just one example where a dev team didn't reverse economy altering dupes and those dupes affected the economy for the duration of the game's lifespan.

It seems Archeage has done a wonderful job of completely tarnishing the good name Trion once had within the gaming community.

i understand. all im saying is that this is clearly not in trions best interest either. reading about it on the official board apparently it was XL who had replaced the code that protected against this exploit on the new servers.

I've been either playing or reading about mmos for over 10 years now.. they are clearly very intricate beasts and with perhaps the sole exception of blizzard there has been no developer or publisher which has not had their brand tarnished or bashed to some degree or another by the players.

out of those 10 top "most expected mmos" for next year maybe 1 will be successful while the rest will flop within two to three months; posters demanding for the owner / publisher / developer's head.  but i digress. 

i guess I've learnt to distinguish when they mess up in good faith or by oversight and when a patch is  deliberately introduced to the game in detriment of the loyal player for the sole reason of increased revenue expectations. 
    Do you always live with your head buried in the sand?  Sorry defending Trion just shows complete lack of understanding of the game issues.  This game is approaching the disaster that "Dark and Light" exhibited.
    The hyperbole is strong here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Renoaku said:
    Folks this is one of the reasons why "Arche Age" Isn't worth playing (The real cheaters who found the exploit) used alts to do the exploit (Different Credit Card Number) (VPN) For their alt accounts and gifted items for other items to their mains etc, Laundered out the goods so nothing got removed in reality (All Trion Does) is ban the accounts who illegally duped the items nothing more...

When Trion removed (1000) Gold I think it was they claimed was illegal from my account years ago now, I simply had over 5k Gold in archem trees planted on my 20+ 24 farms worth thousands of gold at the time (Trion removed the gold claimed it was illegal) but in reality I just harvested my Archeum back and got my gold back, this should prove how incompetent Trion Worlds is.

true
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The servers should have been shut down on day 1 of the 3.0 launch when they had all the problems. They should have rolled back any progress that was made by the few who were able to log in, and then resolved the problems and scheduled a relaunch.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Fast scrolling ( as I am not interested in anything Trion touch ) , to see DKano white knight post ...

and..............

disappointed ! He didn't show up for the fight .

Move along guys .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'd say it's fairly obvious by now that there are enough players in Archeage who simply don't care about the recurring issues. As long as the game keeps generating "sufficient" revenue, the problems won't be taken seriously.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I'm not surprised at what's happening, what I am bothered a bit about (and it may not be fair to say this) is how MMORPG.com writes up the cute pieces about Archeage 3.0 and Fresh Start but does no follow up on the state of the game. We get to read about how Bill is farming and loving his life doing it (apparently when the log-in servers for ALL servers were down). The frustration led me to attempt to write this post but I'm some random guy on the internet. 

It has always been that way when a studio "bought" it's way into this website.
    You get articles, features, giveaways every 2-3 days and whatever product is constantly getting cycled through on the mainpage in one way or another.

Then, if it anything goes wrong, mmorpg.com always leaves the readers in the rain with that. I may be wrong here, but i don't recall ever seeing them getting back on any of the top dog companies for messing up or taking their reader's side when there was an issue with a product that they helped to hype for month in first place.
    I have NEVER seen them reporting on ANY the many, many huge f*ups Trion pulled off over the years.

Sometimes when a smaller company messed up, i read something like "...we reached out to them and try to get a statement on that issue", but afaik that never happened when a big studio was involved.

It's not secret that mmorpg.com is rather close to Trion. That is both in terms of the staff and also some members. In example, just recently Bill mentioned that they got some sort of special offer on featuring the latest Rift expansion pre-release.
    They get their game keys for free, giveaway stuff and exclusive "interviews" now and then..and you can also see the Trion bias in moderation and in how certain posters have always been prefered in arguements.

Their official definition of SPONSORED content is flawed and everyone knows that. You don't have to have money involved to sponsor an article or an ongoing coverage. To an extent Trion has been sponsoring this webpage for a long time, just like other companies did over the years.

They won't bite the hand that feeds them or would want to make anyone mad. You also see that in the questions being asked in "interviews".

mmorpg.com's premise is to always be noisy with the hype and always remain silent in the aftermath.

That's a shame.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I really wish Trion did not have the ability to operate under the radar like this. Writers, editors or whomever in the MMORPG market should be the ones posting official articles about this not the random guy who can be easily discredited or ignored. *Shrug* maybe they're all too busy farming potatoes on legacy servers?

Peace.

Out of curiosity how do you know this is true? I mean, it could be but some guy just posts something sensational and "it's got to be true".

As far as your post above, any writer, editor reporter would be negligent if they started reporting on rumor and hearsay without any proof.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

I really wish Trion did not have the ability to operate under the radar like this. Writers, editors or whomever in the MMORPG market should be the ones posting official articles about this not the random guy who can be easily discredited or ignored. *Shrug* maybe they're all too busy farming potatoes on legacy servers?

Peace.

Out of curiosity how do you know this is true? I mean, it could be but some guy just posts something sensational and "it's got to be true".

As far as your post above, any writer, editor reporter would be negligent if they started reporting on rumor and hearsay without any proof.
    Ah, the Devils Advocate.

Well the log-in problems are only hearsay if you don't play. Do you play Archeage?  Have you tried to play on Fresh Start? Have you been following the Server Status threads?

In regard to Apex Duplication Exploit, various members of the community have confirmed by alt'ing in and trying it before it was quietly patched out. The repercussions are still affecting the server. Trion World's response to anyone speaking of the existence of the exploit have been silenced.  The running joke is that the Honor exploit is probably still in there as well.

A writer or reporter would investigate the validity of story. They'd ask questions and draw conclusions based on what they find.

Fresh Start has been a running debacle for 2 weeks now... 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    whats apex dupe? whats apex?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    time007 said:
    whats apex dupe? whats apex?
    http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/store/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • noqznoqz Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Here's a good one for you guys. Apex dupe did get into server's for 11 days but the best new's of all is, Trion TESTED their server for 6 months guys!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?302235-A-message-from-our-CEO-Scott-Hartsman-on-AA-North-America-s-update
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Sovrath said:

Peace.

Ah, the Devils Advocate.

Well the log-in problems are only hearsay if you don't play. Do you play Archeage?  Have you tried to play on Fresh Start? Have you been following the Server Status threads?

In regard to Apex Duplication Exploit, various members of the community have confirmed by alt'ing in and trying it before it was quietly patched out. The repercussions are still affecting the server. Trion World's response to anyone speaking of the existence of the exploit have been silenced.  The running joke is that the Honor exploit is probably still in there as well.

A writer or reporter would investigate the validity of story. They'd ask questions and draw conclusions based on what they find.

yes I have two accounts and yes I have not been able to log into the new servers. I was thinking more about the dupe. However, just because "that guy" says something and doesn't show proof doesn't mean we should all go and believe him. It would have been more convincing if the other guys posted and showed proof.

Which was my point. As i already said "it could be true". But I'm not one to jump on the hate wagon because one person posts without proof. 

Heck, Trion could be selling arms to the enemy and might be holding Santa hostage but I think I prefer the person with the proof to be posting and making allegations. Just how i am.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited December 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Peace.

Ah, the Devils Advocate.

yes I have two accounts and yes I have not been able to log into the new servers. I was thinking more about the dupe. However, just because "that guy" says something and doesn't show proof doesn't mean we should all go and believe him. It would have been more convincing if the other guys posted and showed proof.

Which was my point. As i already said "it could be true". But I'm not one to jump on the hate wagon because one person posts without proof. 

Heck, Trion could be selling arms to the enemy and might be holding Santa hostage but I think I prefer the person with the proof to be posting and making allegations. Just how i am.
    Not sure what Trion did to earn this very generous benefit of the doubt.  To me they screwed up so many times with Archeage that they earn the opposite.

"but im not defending anyone; just questioning that still on this day and age people have such high expectations about these games..."

[mod edit]

Post edited by Vaross on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
    edited December 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Peace.

Ah, the Devils Advocate.

If you play it's in discussion between faction mates, guild mates, friends and family.

The point I'm making is MMORPG, hasn't acknowledged or followed up on any of Archeages shortcomings. It's a serious matter when an already flawed publisher is having connectivity issues that ostracizes 2/3 of it's player base for 2+ weeks FROM DAY 1. A fluff piece was written over top of the issues (when it was happening across ALL servers).

Apex dupe bug returning AGAIN on a "Fresh Start" server is just the turd colored icing.

Playing "how do you know for sure" won't change the main fact that Trion not only drops the ball, they then kick it around because respected outlets tippie toe around them and their countless blunders.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited January 2017
    In other news:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?310328-1-9-North-America-Server-Restart-at-12-15-PM-PST-(UTC-8)-UPDATED-8-25-PM-PST

Fresh Start has no stable days on the board yet. It's actually worse than Legacy servers when you do play because all the content was pretty much opened up. So while most players are trying to actually get in and play, or not playing because Trino is Trino, other players have Delphinad quality weapons and getting celestial buffs on armor.

How's Archeage going on your side of things @BillMurhpy? Still enjoying yourself?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    In other news:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?310328-1-9-North-America-Server-Restart-at-12-15-PM-PST-(UTC-8)-UPDATED-8-25-PM-PST

Fresh Start has no stable days on the board yet. It's actually worse than Legacy servers when you do play because all the content was pretty much opened up. So while most players are trying to actually get in and play, or not playing because Trino is Trino, other players have Delphinad quality weapons and getting celestial buffs on armor.

How's Archeage going on your side of things @BillMurhpy? Still enjoying yourself?
    Yup, at 3am it was supposed to be a 3 hour preventative maintenance which turned into 16 hours of down time....
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Trion should release another Fresh Start server.  And sell Founders Packs to it for up to $300 bucks.

.......they probably will.  Cause $300 bucks.  You know some people will pay it.  Just like last time.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    noqz said:
    Here's a good one for you guys. Apex dupe did get into server's for 11 days but the best new's of all is, Trion TESTED their server for 6 months guys!

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?302235-A-message-from-our-CEO-Scott-Hartsman-on-AA-North-America-s-update

"I can promise you that it's not a matter of competence, if anything, quite the opposite."

lol so its incompetence then?
    Tiamat64 said:
    Trion should release another Fresh Start server.  And sell Founders Packs to it for up to $300 bucks.

.......they probably will.  Cause $300 bucks.  You know some people will pay it.  Just like last time.
    You might be joking but with them you never know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    How is anyone surprised by this? 
    Also, why are people even talking about this game anymore? 
    AngryElf said:
    How is anyone surprised by this? 
    Also, why are people even talking about this game anymore? 
    You're right. The Fresh Start ploy really juxed a lot of people to reinstall to see what it was about. It's a total farce. Don't do it. Trion is garbage. The Fresh Start servers are actually way worse than the Legacy servers in every imaginable way.

And NO, Trion doesn't get to blame XL Games because from Day 1 they behaved as if XL was bending to their will for the NA release. All lies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯