Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Character Customization DARK AND LIGHT!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited December 2016 in Dark and Light

CREATE YOUR IDEAL EXPLORER WITH DARK AND LIGHT CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

2016-12-23

The upcoming fantasy survival sandbox RPG Dark and Light from Snail Games promises players a high degree of freedom in terms of exploring, skill development, and crafting. Another area in which Dark and Light players will have a high degree of autonomy is in the creation of their character. The Dark and Light character selection interface provides players with a ton of possibilities for their character appearance.

Customize nearly every feature of their character's appearance, far beyond standard allowances for hair and eye color. The character creation process allows players to modify their character's height, limb length, and muscle size. Hair length and facial hair for male characters are also customizable (yes, players can have the bushy and braided dwarf beard they've always wanted!), as well as the details of their facial bone structure, including their chin, brow, nose, and more.

Players can select a body type that reflects the course they want to take in-game. Always dreamed of being a burly, broad-shouldered warrior? Build a tough, imposing character with the strength to pack a punch. Planning to spend more time traveling long distances? Feel free to adopt a lithe frame with long wiry legs--perfect for cross-country exploring.

Once a player has perfected their appearance, they can select their outerwear from six different styles. Warriors can opt for sturdy armor, and mages can don hooded robes to enhance their mystique. “We're aiming for a world in which no two characters look the same.” said Yan, Game Producer. Dark and Light's fantasy begins with the creation of a fearless character who is uniquely yours.

Dark and Light puts players in an immersive fantasy world that is filled with magic, monsters, and mystery. In this world, they will be challenged to survive and thrive through a combination of crafting, exploration, and powerful magic.

Dark and Light’s website and Steam store page are now live. Players can sign up for the Dark and Light newsletter to receive regular updates and add the game to their Steam wish lists.

Stay up to date with the game’s development on our official website, ‘Like’ us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Post edited by Dragnelus on

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why am I thinking about Landmark when I see that character customization screen?
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I simply cannot wait for this to come out. Hopefully they succeed in actuality what they propose on paper.

• ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    who cares... like anybody cares about character customization
    ooogy said:
    Most ppl care..

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Dragnelus said:
    ooogy said:
    Most ppl care..
    ..in form of actual game footage, not in screenshots.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    Dragnelus said:
    ooogy said:
    Most ppl care..
    ..in form of actual game footage, not in screenshots.
    Thats another topic.. He said almost nobody cares about character customization. That got nothing to do with screenshots or game footage..

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    So in response to calls for game play footage they now give us screenshots with character models in "action poses" ? :lol:
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    DMKano said:
    The new shots look crappy. Dragnelus said:

Shitty looking trees, grass clipping through right leg, broken/badly bent right wrist (that doesnt match the angle of the staff), pained on armor texture.....

yep.

Looking swell.... heh

The more gets revealed, the more ugly truth comes out.
    you know what apre alpha is right?
    So in response to calls for game play footage they now give us screenshots with character models in "action poses" ? :lol:
    They named themself Snail for a reason :pleased:

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    DMKano said:

Shitty looking trees, grass clipping through right leg, broken/badly bent right wrist (that doesnt match the angle of the staff), painted on armor texture.....

yep.

Looking swell.... heh

Isn't clipping grass a thing for any game that has grass? Even with some bending motion like gw2 if i remember it would still clip.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Raxeon said:
    DMKano said:

Shitty looking trees, grass clipping through right leg, broken/badly bent right wrist (that doesnt match the angle of the staff), pained on armor texture.....

yep.

Looking swell.... heh

Wait, this game is in pre-alpha?

I thought they were originally supposed to start selling the game in December 2016 and now they postponed it to Q1/2017 or something like that. Does it not mean that the game is supposed to be close to being finished actually? 

How long does it take for a game like this to get from pre-alpha to a finished state, a few years?

No, no, they'll be selling Early Access for the pre-alpha version on Steam next month.

As we know, the Early Access tag covers all issues, and the game can easily remain in EA for another 3 years...
  • BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    DnL will never be released. It will forever be remembered as the longest under development sandbox MMO.

I think they are going for the award "longest under development video game" which is currently being held by Duke Nukem Forever.

Hey Snail Games, your original supporters will never forget.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Raxeon said:
    DMKano said:

I thought it was going EA pretty soon actually.
    Don't tell me the are putting an Alpha game in EA?
    What's next, Artworks and Design Notes EA?

• EvarduneEvardune Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited December 2016
    This game is a cashgrab. They are so cheap that they didn't even bother making their own assets FOR AN ENTIRE CITY!: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/dwarf-fantasy-environment-set, Enjoy!

Yup, Zaharul only costs 60$ :p

Raxeon said:
    DMKano said:

yep.

Looking swell.... heh

I thought they were originally supposed to start selling the game in December 2016 and now they postponed it to Q1/2017 or something like that. Does it not mean that the game is supposed to be close to being finished actually? 

How long does it take for a game like this to get from pre-alpha to a finished state, a few years?

early excess like space engineers just hit beta its been alpha for 3 years and early excess jus tlike dark and light is goign to be (maybe not for 3 years tho)
    Raxeon said:
    DMKano said:

yep.

Looking swell.... heh

No, no, they'll be selling Early Access for the pre-alpha version on Steam next month.

As we know, the Early Access tag covers all issues, and the game can easily remain in EA for another 3 years...
    I knew about the Early Access (EA), I just did not know that it is a pre-alpha EA.

/facepalm
    we dont know htat either we ar just saying its pre alpha at least until it comes up on steam. kinda like ark survival evolved was
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited December 2016
    Even with as little info as we have, lack of gameplay especially, this game already looks like something I would so much rather play than Ark or H1Z1. No doubt it will be buggy, and lacking functionality/features upon release, but who knows it might surprise us.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Evardune said:
    This game is a cashgrab. They are so cheap that they didn't even bother making their own assets FOR AN ENTIRE CITY!: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/dwarf-fantasy-environment-set, Enjoy!

Yup, Zaharul only costs 60$ :p

Actually looking through that repository of IMO very affordable models and assets I would totally love a game to use some of those. I mean yes I can understand you do lose some street cred but wow they look amazing. The dwarf area, the medieval tavern, and the Landscapes 2 pack all look amazing. I love the detail and wish an MMO could be created from all of that just sitting in some online shop. 

I guess I'm easy going but it looks great. Also, they would still have to create the MMO part of it.