Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For a casual, not wanting to pvp.

Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Is the $5 pack enough to just solo through the game?

I hated it at release, but didn t mind it on a free pass.

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Save some money and get a pet (If you aim to grind a lot) and you're good to go.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    So the pet is important, or can it be done without?
    It can be done without it, but some people will tell you it's a must. It just helps you loot (Quite slowly imo) which you won't notice if you don't like grinding all the time.

I personally got my only one from an event.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Soki123 said:
    So the pet is important, or can it be done without?
    It CAN be done but it's painful: there is no area loot and you're always going up against large groups so... it totally depends on your tolerance for repetitive looting. I had 2 pets and couldn't have done it without them.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Ya, I don t really care if it takes awhile. Not trying to be cheap, but buying the wife a new BMW for x mas hit me a bit, lol. Every ent counts. Thinking of that, I m still driving my 2010 Durango, women just have to bat their eyes....lol nm
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that pet food is annoying to get/make at the beginning.

For looting only, you don't need to feed the pet, but if you want to level it and make it loot faster + extra bonuses you HAVE to feed it. The npc vendor food is quite bad after a couple of levels.

Sorry to sound dumb, but is looting an absolute pain without it?
    Not really, just most people seem to make a huge fuss if you have to spam a key button to loot stuff.

The pet let's you make requirements on what to loot and what to not loot. That's it really.

Oh, well that isn t a big deal to me, is there any other reason to get a different pack?

The traveler's package gives you a month of the monthly subscription bonuses ontop of random fluff.

IMHO unless you want to reach endgame asap and skip all the content, I would go with the cheapest one. I don't see anything great about the higher packages besides the last pack which gives you actual good stuff. Like a pet and a permanent flute to call your horses (You can use stables to call horses).

Bloodaxes said:
    The traveler's package gives you a month of the monthly subscription bonuses ontop of random fluff.

IMHO unless you want to reach endgame asap and skip all the content, I would go with the cheapest one. I don't see anything great about the higher packages besides the last pack which gives you actual good stuff. Like a pet and a permanent flute to call your horses (You can use stables to call horses).

Ty for the info, will get the cheap one then.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Soki123 said:
    I have 3 pets and I never have to loot.
    Without pets you will spend 50% of your time looting.
    If you can live with that I guess it's fine, personally I rather watch paint dry than playing without pets.

Other than that the game is fun, it can be as casual or hardcore as you like.
    There is so much things to do that you'll hardly get bored.

ste2000 said:
    Soki123 said:
    If you can live with that I guess it's fine, personally I rather watch paint dry than playing without pets.

Sounds great , ty for the info.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Yeah I got my first pet time ago via the game events, also it's very easy to collect enough money to buy them on the market though the colossal demand becomes a luck game if your bidding works out or not; but it is the only thing that will annoy you, having to manually loot things.
    ste2000 said:
    Soki123 said:

More accurately, you'll spend 50% of your time organising your inventory space/weight. Money and potions in this game weigh way too much.

That is, if you intend to grind mobs instead of questing. In late game, you will probably want a pet. However since you intend to play it casually, you will probably won't notice it much.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    How much of a difference pets make depends on what you're fighting and how fast you're killing it. If you have high AP and you're instakilling whole camps of green mobs with 1 ability, then manual looting is going to be a significant slowdown in your grinding because you can only loot 2-3 corpses per second so needing to loot 20 corpses every time you use an ability adds up. If you're fighting a few red mobs that take you 10-15 seconds to kill, then the few seconds it takes to loot isn't a big deal.

On the plus side, they have an event that gives you a free penguin every other month or so.

BDO really isn't a PvP game until 55+ when there aren't enough good grinding spots for the playerbase and everyone kills each other over them. Even then, if you're willing to level at one of the crappy spots that are harder, slower or aren't highly profitable you can almost completely avoid PvP.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Soki123 said:
    Ya, I don t really care if it takes awhile. Not trying to be cheap, but buying the wife a new BMW for x mas hit me a bit, lol. Every ent counts. Thinking of that, I m still driving my 2010 Durango, women just have to bat their eyes....lol nm
    We understand. If you still play the game and enjoy it 3 months from now you should buy something pointless to support the devs but I rather not start with microtransactions in a new game either.

The devs should deserve it or you just promote any trash but you also should reward good stuff to condition MMO devs to make good games. There is no great hurry.
    Loke666 said:
    Soki123 said:
    We understand. If you still play the game and enjoy it 3 months from now you should buy something pointless to support the devs but I rather not start with microtransactions in a new game either.

The devs should deserve it or you just promote any trash but you also should reward good stuff to condition MMO devs to make good games. There is no great hurry.

very profound, and agree.
    You might stumble on some event that gives you a free pet in the future.

If there's anything I wish more companies do in their mmos (Like they do in BDO), is give actual good items to the people taking part in these events.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Bloodaxes said:
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that pet food is annoying to get/make at the beginning.

For looting only, you don't need to feed the pet, but if you want to level it and make it loot faster + extra bonuses you HAVE to feed it. The npc vendor food is quite bad after a couple of levels.
    The pet food from the store isn't expensive and works fine. Also, he can use loyal points to buy better food from the loyalty section of the pearly store. 

@op: I do recommend the pets as they keep grinding going otherwise you are going to be stopping a lot. If you earn enough in game money you can buy them from the auction house if anyone is selling them or advertise that you are willing to buy them so that people can post them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:

The pet food from the store isn't expensive and works fine. Also, he can use loyal points to buy better food from the loyalty section of the pearly store. 

@op: I do recommend the pets as they keep grinding going otherwise you are going to be stopping a lot. If you earn enough in game money you can buy them from the auction house if anyone is selling them or advertise that you are willing to buy them so that people can post them.

ty for that
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    I have one pet i and rarely use it for looting, i loot faster than my cat. It is more annoying than it is helpful when you have to spam rightclick on the cat food to keep it happy (i've only found cheap "cheap food" outside the cash shop so far). It is definitely a convenience to have more than one but you can live without it.

I have one pet i and rarely use it for looting, i loot faster than my cat. It is more annoying than it is helpful when you have to spam rightclick on the cat food to keep it happy (i've only found cheap "cheap food" outside the cash shop so far). It is definitely a convenience to have more than one but you can live without it.

awesome ty
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    You might stumble on some event that gives you a free pet in the future.

If there's anything I wish more companies do in their mmos (Like they do in BDO), is give actual good items to the people taking part in these events.
    You can also buy pets from the marketplace (aka auction house) for in game silver.
    In theory anyway...

In practice the competition for them is so insane, that you'll have to get extremely lucky to be able to snag one. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Soki123 said:
    I forgot to tell you, if you play now in 14 days you can have a free Pet with the Xmas Event.
    So you won't have to manually loot everything, 1 pet helps but you really need 2 or free to never loot again, but I guess it's better than nothing.