Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Fresh Start? Yeah RIGHT! - Apex Dupe Is BACK!

FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Debacle after debacle continues to plague Archeage 3.0 fresh start (Faux Start) servers.

The idea of a well managed and maintained Archeage continues to tease and haunt many players. An Archeage minus unfair launches, P2W, weapon dupes, bots, hacks, cheats, and people multi-boxing with 5-10 alt accounts is an Archeage we all want or wanted at some point in time. Unfortunately this is simply not a reality and apparently never will be with Trion Worlds at the helm of this game.

The land rush launch was a complete failure. As of today nearly 2 weeks after the proposed launch of the Reckoning(NA) and Prophecy(EU), countless players have been experiencing Trion based connection issues of all flavors. In response Trion randomly added another FS server Vengeance(NA), oddly neglecting EU when they claimed it was at 300% capacity. The queue time to play time ratio is currently 3:1 for patron subscribers. If you're F2P, do not even bother.

Trion community managers have made formal statements claiming that there is absolutely no rollbacks or restarts planned. This means if you brute forced your way passed log-in and stole another players position in queue (this was a thing), good for you. If you used this tactic to get several alts in to hoard prime land spots, good for you. You're probably a level 52-55 land baron as I write this. Emergent Gameplay y'all!

"Dude get to the Apex part!"

If the above has your blood boiling, it gets worse. Apparently the well known Apex duplication exploit that ruined the balance of most of the legacy servers has magically found its its way to Fresh Start. Seriously!

Instead of being honest with the player base, Trion Worlds secretly added a patch while completely (and once again) ignoring the long term ramifications of the exploit. Roll back? What for? Working as intended y'all! I guess Trion really wanted new players, returning players, and those fleeing legacy servers a chance to relive all their past ineptitude. Lets make no mistake, at this point it's ineptitude. Anyone who speaks of this is being promptly banned from the forums (regardless of how polite you are about it). I myself received a 72 hour break for asking how a launch is "Fresh Start" where 2/3 of the player base is in a queue/DC loop and those that ARE playing are using old exploits to advance past their peers.

TL;DR
  • 2/3 of player base in queue/DC loop
  • Apex Dupe Exploit contaminated the ecosystem
  • Remaining players have grabbed all prominent land with alts
  • Trion Worlds not rolling back, correcting any Fresh Start server
  • Tell em what players won Jim!

I really wish Trion did not have the ability to operate under the radar like this. Writers, editors or whomever in the MMORPG market should be the ones posting official articles about this not the random guy who can be easily discredited or ignored. *Shrug* maybe they're all too busy farming potatoes on legacy servers?

Peace.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    rollbacks would also penalize players who are not cheating.

i am sure those cheating accounts will get banned either immediately or eventually..

and ffs people just enjoy the game or move on.. one thing is to report an exploit another entirely is to denounce trion / xl / the world / humanity for every misstep they make ad nauseam. 

you should probably use the break to go outside a little. take the dog out for a walk maybe. you are letting issues which are obviously not intended by the developer wind you up.  

i pay for patron and I've had to wait too. and I've been disconnected during the first few days quite a bit. i was dc in the middle of a dungeon and had  over 500 people in the queue with over an hour waiting time. i gave up on playing that evening, 

people whine because others exploit, because they are given the option to pay for free but - breaking news - are sent to the back of the queue on popular new servers and because the stability is not quite ironed out...

come back when the game is totally revamped and changed into something else beyond recognition.. then you might have a valid reason to stamp your feet. 
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Why base you post of some random nobodies post were the proof of duplication. There is still land in most zones and if your not patron and cant log on due to there being to many patron its your owns fault that you don't wish to support a game you wish to play. plus no patron no land no point in playing realistically .
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    @Troneas

To be perfectly fair. Missing the Apex Exploit, that also existed in the original launch is pretty inexcusable. Shows a true lack of QA on Trion's part. Trion should figure out a way to remove the duped Apex from the market if they aren't going to roll back. Especially since it's going to really mess up the economy of the game for an extremely long time. Even with banning everyone who exploited, Apex inflation won't be corrected since it's most likely being dumped into the economy as a whole.

Sims Online is just one example where a dev team didn't reverse economy altering dupes and those dupes affected the economy for the duration of the game's lifespan.

It seems Archeage has done a wonderful job of completely tarnishing the good name Trion once had within the gaming community.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    This topic is going to get hot!

Kaneth said:
    @Troneas

To be perfectly fair. Missing the Apex Exploit, that also existed in the original launch is pretty inexcusable. Shows a true lack of QA on Trion's part. Trion should figure out a way to remove the duped Apex from the market if they aren't going to roll back. Especially since it's going to really mess up the economy of the game for an extremely long time. Even with banning everyone who exploited, Apex inflation won't be corrected since it's most likely being dumped into the economy as a whole.

Sims Online is just one example where a dev team didn't reverse economy altering dupes and those dupes affected the economy for the duration of the game's lifespan.

It seems Archeage has done a wonderful job of completely tarnishing the good name Trion once had within the gaming community.

i understand. all im saying is that this is clearly not in trions best interest either. reading about it on the official board apparently it was XL who had replaced the code that protected against this exploit on the new servers.

I've been either playing or reading about mmos for over 10 years now.. they are clearly very intricate beasts and with perhaps the sole exception of blizzard there has been no developer or publisher which has not had their brand tarnished or bashed to some degree or another by the players.

out of those 10 top "most expected mmos" for next year maybe 1 will be successful while the rest will flop within two to three months; posters demanding for the owner / publisher / developer's head.  but i digress. 

i guess I've learnt to distinguish when they mess up in good faith or by oversight and when a patch is  deliberately introduced to the game in detriment of the loyal player for the sole reason of increased revenue expectations. 
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Anyone got some popcorn? I'm fresh out :'(  I kind of agree though.  I left AA after the first content patch, but decided to give it another try.  I've yet to be able to get on the fresh servers, so I just made a dwarf on one of the "high" servers, but it's like a ghost town in the lower level areas.  I think I've ran into a total of ~50 people from level 1-20 while leveling my dwarf.
    Gravarg said:
    Anyone got some popcorn? I'm fresh out :'(  I kind of agree though.  I left AA after the first content patch, but decided to give it another try.  I've yet to be able to get on the fresh servers, so I just made a dwarf on one of the "high" servers, but it's like a ghost town in the lower level areas.  I think I've ran into a total of ~50 people from level 1-20 while leveling my dwarf.

its not that different on the fresh servers if you've started over the past few days.

I've encountered 1,2 players on the 1-10 lvl area, then quite a few on the 10-15 area (especially in the community town - about 10 to 20 players maybe), and then its been sporadic players along the path. 

this when the server is on "queue".. so its not what i expected to find at all when i started:  a swarm of players running about all over the place. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2016
    Troneas said:
    rollbacks would also penalize players who are not cheating.

i am sure those cheating accounts will get banned either immediately or eventually..

and ffs people just enjoy the game or move on.. one thing is to report an exploit another entirely is to denounce trion / xl / the world / humanity for every misstep they make ad nauseam. 

you should probably use the break to go outside a little. take the dog out for a walk maybe. you are letting issues which are obviously not intended by the developer wind you up.  

i pay for patron and I've had to wait too. and I've been disconnected during the first few days quite a bit. i was dc in the middle of a dungeon and had  over 500 people in the queue with over an hour waiting time. i gave up on playing that evening, 

people whine because others exploit, because they are given the option to pay for free but - breaking news - are sent to the back of the queue on popular new servers and because the stability is not quite ironed out...

come back when the game is totally revamped and changed into something else beyond recognition.. then you might have a valid reason to stamp your feet. 
    Rollbacks don't make sense NOW, because they haven't taken ANY measures from day 1. The issue is the Fresh Start server was broken from A1. It's a pretty obvious cue(queue) to code red shut it down and get it sorted out.

"F#@% it" is never the right answer.

Not only is this an unresolved issue there was another more serious issue which was literally a copy and paste from legacy servers. Apex duping completely contaminates the integrity of a Fresh Start. A roll back is the only way to fix something that destroys the ecosystem like that.

"F#@% it" is never the right answer.

I really don't know what else to say at this point without coming off as a "toxic" hater. Trion/Archeage is such an utter embarrassment it must be like working for Comcast or EA. 

It baffles me how some much attention was given to No Mans Sky for all of its shortcomings but an actual MMORPG that is doing this type of garbage back to back to back is ignored or normalized with "Oh 3.0 is so cool guys!" articles. 
    Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Folks this is one of the reasons why "Arche Age" Isn't worth playing (The real cheaters who found the exploit) used alts to do the exploit (Different Credit Card Number) (VPN) For their alt accounts and gifted items for other items to their mains etc, Laundered out the goods so nothing got removed in reality (All Trion Does) is ban the accounts who illegally duped the items nothing more...

When Trion removed (1000) Gold I think it was they claimed was illegal from my account years ago now, I simply had over 5k Gold in archem trees planted on my 20+ 24 farms worth thousands of gold at the time (Trion removed the gold claimed it was illegal) but in reality I just harvested my Archeum back and got my gold back, this should prove how incompetent Trion Worlds is.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Renoaku said:
    Folks this is one of the reasons why "Arche Age" Isn't worth playing (The real cheaters who found the exploit) used alts to do the exploit (Different Credit Card Number) (VPN) For their alt accounts and gifted items for other items to their mains etc, Laundered out the goods so nothing got removed in reality (All Trion Does) is ban the accounts who illegally duped the items nothing more...

When Trion removed (1000) Gold I think it was they claimed was illegal from my account years ago now, I simply had over 5k Gold in archem trees planted on my 20+ 24 farms worth thousands of gold at the time (Trion removed the gold claimed it was illegal) but in reality I just harvested my Archeum back and got my gold back, this should prove how incompetent Trion Worlds is.

Don't worry Trion only issues temp bans. Back on the legacy servers we would report bots who were teleporting under the world at low health and warping back and forth to drop off packs and they would disappear for a day or 2 but you would see them again.

• LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited December 2016
    You can't say that we did not warned you about this game and Trion but a lot of people are deaf and blind and here is the result as expected.
    Also I don't expect that mmorpg.com is gonna write about this because Trion does pay some bills here with the sponsored fluff crap. (Unless other "big" gaming sites are jumping on it.)

Post edited by LoveRemovalMachine on
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016

Apparently the well known Apex duplication exploit that ruined the balance of most of the legacy servers has magically found its its way to Fresh Start. Seriously!

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcomoriginals0047ab0047ab4053af78a3ae6e73dabda636d3gif

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You can't say that we did not warned you about this game and Trion but a lot of people are deaf and blind and here is the result as expected.
    Also I don't expect that mmorpg.com is gonna write about this because Trion does pay some bills here with the sponsored fluff crap. (Unless other big gaming sites are jumping on it.)

Other "big" gaming sites...snicker. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Reminds me of the good ol' days.  I guess when they said "fresh start", they meant "fresh chance to exploit and ruin the economy of the server forever just like the other servers were ruined".

This is funny if not also sad for people that really thought the game would get a fair shot with this fresh start server. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't blame people for getting angry,the industry and it's leaders have been running the genre int othe ground with poor game design,poor support,don't listen to community but in reality one word sums it all up.....>>>>>TRION.

Anyone that knows me,knows i complain a lot about so many crappy game designs,however from day 1 BEFORE it was launched,i FAVORED Archeage,but soon i saw Trion got it, i was extremely disappointed,angered and completely lost hope for the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Troneas said:
    Kaneth said:
    @Troneas

i understand. all im saying is that this is clearly not in trions best interest either. reading about it on the official board apparently it was XL who had replaced the code that protected against this exploit on the new servers.

I've been either playing or reading about mmos for over 10 years now.. they are clearly very intricate beasts and with perhaps the sole exception of blizzard there has been no developer or publisher which has not had their brand tarnished or bashed to some degree or another by the players.

out of those 10 top "most expected mmos" for next year maybe 1 will be successful while the rest will flop within two to three months; posters demanding for the owner / publisher / developer's head.  but i digress. 

i guess I've learnt to distinguish when they mess up in good faith or by oversight and when a patch is  deliberately introduced to the game in detriment of the loyal player for the sole reason of increased revenue expectations. 
    Do you always live with your head buried in the sand?  Sorry defending Trion just shows complete lack of understanding of the game issues.  This game is approaching the disaster that "Dark and Light" exhibited.
    Ozmodan said:
    Troneas said:
    Kaneth said:
    @Troneas

Do you always live with your head buried in the sand?  Sorry defending Trion just shows complete lack of understanding of the game issues.  This game is approaching the disaster that "Dark and Light" exhibited.

is it my head which is buried in the sand or people with exceedingly high expectations?

dark and light was overly hyped (as most other mmorpgs are) and it was unfinished and unplayable. Archeage has 9 servers at "high" capacity and 2 with people waiting hours to join.. total of 11 servers. besides, the game does run very smoothly (server disconnects notwithstanding). 

i'd say that is better than most other mmos are doing.

but im not defending anyone; just questioning that still on this day and age people have such high expectations about these games... the anxiety that the next guy might unfairly get a better housing spot or craft a better gear. report them by all means but you are not enjoying the game if it gets to you. and if it does and lost all faith on the developer best to move on. 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Troneas said:

but im not defending anyone; just questioning that still on this day and age people have such high expectations about these games... the anxiety that the next guy might unfairly get a better housing spot or craft a better gear. report them by all means but you are not enjoying the game if it gets to you. and if it does and lost all faith on the developer best to move on. 
    Ah, so it's on the players now?

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    All about the greed .
    If i remember right Trion / LX use apex to put tax on player trade so they can get extra . In the end , it come back to bite them lol .

I'm not surprised at what's happening, what I am bothered a bit about (and it may not be fair to say this) is how MMORPG.com writes up the cute pieces about Archeage 3.0 and Fresh Start but does no follow up on the state of the game. We get to read about how Bill is farming and loving his life doing it (apparently when the log-in servers for ALL servers were down). The frustration led me to attempt to write this post but I'm some random guy on the internet. 

I think what's happening is extremely bad enough to talk about. Trion needs to be aware that websites like MMORPG are aware and talking about their mishaps just like they did for No Man's Sky. Archeage/Trion is worse IMO and more negligent.

There is so much conversation to be had in regard to;
    • If 2/3 of a server isn't able to log-in to a time sensitive land rush game while others get to do whatever they please, is that fair?
    • If a segment of players exploit the same game where they can have divine/epic gear within 2 weeks of game play, is simply removing the exploit enough? What about all the gold and regrade mats that have contaminated the server? The economy.
    • What does Trions compensation package do to fix this problem (nothing)?
    • Why is this happening to Trion (remember "No Tricks No Traps")?
    • Scott Hartman, what it's like to be him and still have his job right now?
    It's very frustrating when the "big homies" don't speak on issues like this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    This "fresh start" was most like a deja vu. Trion has proven once again that is not up to the task of publishing a AAA MMO. The servers are a total disaster. They claim to be running them at 300% capacity, yet when you actually do get in, the game barely looks populated. Archeage is a huge mostly open world game and Trion seems to think they can run it on some old garbage Rift servers they dug out of the basement from 2011. 

Alll Trion has to do is run the local servers and take money. They can't manage to do either. Billing issues and now the famous Apex exploit are ruining the game for yet a third time. It is really a shame because Trion has been given so many chances to get it right from this community and they fail worse every time. We all knew better, but we tried anyway because we like the game that Archeage is even if we despise the people that run it. That message from the CEO just proves how completely ignorant they are. When you have one of the worst patches ever with 2 weeks of the game being unplayable for a large amount of players, and then you try to pat yourself on the back, it just shows you why this company is so terrible. They are in desperate need of some new leadership over at Trino Please. 
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    edited December 2016
    i made around 400 dollars due to the dupe

thx alot trion

happy chrismas
    i made around 400 dollars due to the dupe

thx alot trion

happy chrismas

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Troneas said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Troneas said:
    Kaneth said:
    @Troneas

is it my head which is buried in the sand or people with exceedingly high expectations?

dark and light was overly hyped (as most other mmorpgs are) and it was unfinished and unplayable. Archeage has 9 servers at "high" capacity and 2 with people waiting hours to join.. total of 11 servers. besides, the game does run very smoothly (server disconnects notwithstanding). 

i'd say that is better than most other mmos are doing.

Sorry for having the expectation that a game people paid for is exploit free or when an exploit is found then it is dealt with in a manner to best protect the user experience.

Its not the anxiety of someone getting a better spot, its the anxiety that if you can't login to the game in a decent amount of time you will be locked out of being able to own any land which is a large part of this game or that the person who is kicking your ass with the best gear did they get it legitimately or did they hack/exploit to get ahead.