Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to get in!

DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150

Hi!

I'm looking to get into ESO, two people total. I have a question though... I see the game is for sale, and I understand there is no monthly fee (although with the cash shop I imagine there is an optional subscription with bonuses), however I was wondering if there are 7-day friend keys that maybe come with the game? I would like to try it out before I buy two copies of the game.

If they exist, can someone PM two to me please? If not, can someone tell me if the discounted $38 for Gold is the best deal? What's the $100 full price tamriel unlimited?

Thanks.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Gold Edition contains Orsinium , The Dark Brotherhood , Thieves Guild and Imperial City ( PvP ) DLCs. Never heard of a $100 Edition.

Subscribing gives you a craft bag for materials so they wont clutter up your inventory and access to all DLC and 1500 crowns to use on whatever.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    No there aren't guest passes yet and you just missed their free weekend a couple of weeks back. The Gold edition is what you want - that's the latest with 4 DLC included. "Tamriel Unlimited" actually gives you less: the base game with no DLC included.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016

Hi!

I'm looking to get into ESO, two people total. I have a question though... I see the game is for sale, and I understand there is no monthly fee (although with the cash shop I imagine there is an optional subscription with bonuses), however I was wondering if there are 7-day friend keys that maybe come with the game? I would like to try it out before I buy two copies of the game.

If they exist, can someone PM two to me please? If not, can someone tell me if the discounted $38 for Gold is the best deal? What's the $100 full price tamriel unlimited?

Thanks.

Options:
    Gold Edition (the new basic version) has the game as launched summer 2015 + the 4 subsequent DLCs. All its missing is the last small DLC.

Summer 2015 "basic" version. Released when the game dropped the mandatory sub and launched on consoles. Sub-$15 on Amazon (usually fulfilled by Amazon). Will update to the current version less the 4 DLCs that come with the Gold Edition. If you get this you can subsequently buy a 4 DLC combo pack; there are periodic sales so the price will work out about the same. 

Some "original versions" may still be available. Only difference is that these might have a bonus. Not common now. Wouldn't surprise me if this is what you have seen at $100! Suffice to say all the in-game bonuses that came with "special edition" versions are a) not essential b) can be bought independently. If it has a map/book/statue ... can't remember what was available at launch though tbh. 

The sub is totally optional; benefits are "minor" - main advantage is a bag! This is not a "f2p" game or an ex-sub game that has locked stuff behind a pay wall.

Even the basic game has months and months of content.

If you know you want to do e.g. Dark Brotherhood stuff (if you are familiar with other ES titles this will mean something to you) the Gold Edition would be the way to go. If you are unsure / are new to ES maybe go 2015 basic.
  • BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253
    So essentially if you buy it and sub you get everything(all DLC)?  Also, is it best to buy it through Steam or straight from the official site?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    BACONX said:
    So essentially if you buy it and sub you get everything(all DLC)?  Also, is it best to buy it through Steam or straight from the official site?
    Either at the official site when it's on sale or at the many online key retailers - those on the official approved merchant list on the sticky in this forum - who sell the ZOS (not Steam) keys at a discount almost always.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED