Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge - Bill Murphy - Why Skyforge is Now a Great Casual MMO - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Can I play the 'Heavy Gunner' type class from the start now? There were elements I liked about SF, but I'm not going to grind to get to the fun. I'll certainly revisit it though if I can play it in a way that would entertain me from the start and class selection is pivotal to that.
    This is what killed it for me. I wasn't about to grind all that way just to play the class I wanted. I did try for about a week though, but couldn't keep going. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Can I play the 'Heavy Gunner' type class from the start now? There were elements I liked about SF, but I'm not going to grind to get to the fun. I'll certainly revisit it though if I can play it in a way that would entertain me from the start and class selection is pivotal to that.
    i think so ....but not sure....i was able to unlock every class but the cowboy (that is behind a cash currency)

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Well, I also went back to check out the game(around 50K points, if I remember right), and while some of the more annoying parts (like Orderville...) have been dealt with, the end game is REALLY not worth it.

The sequence of fights for the first god level are some of the worst designed I can remember for many years. Hit detection and movement suffer badly, and the basic design is very poorly put together.

Given the limited time that it can be used, its really not worth it to me. Given that much of the games focus is on the god status, its too bad that it wasn't designed better.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well Grunty what I mean by screw your system over is that it impacted everything. It wouldn't shutdown after it hung up and then when I tried to shut the computer down it would get so far and then just hang there. Not completing the shutdown. I have since remove the prg and decided that I'll not have anything to do with My.com. I think it's sloppy coding on their part.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Even though it has a design that seemed to be aimed at kicking my sensibilities in the nuts, I had fun in this game until performance killed it. I would get into a map and the framerate would inexorably drop until at the boss it was a slideshow.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

elveone said:

Thane said:

still pissed that they basically completely changed (and yes, nerfed) my kinetic.

hammer only for pvp now?

seriously, balancing is no mystic thing....

so, no:

"About the combat changes - there are none. The skills work exactly as they used to before"

they do NOT. otherwise, show me how you use sledge hammer

(and yes, this might be "only" one skill, but if you know skyforge and the kinetic, you should understand WHY this is such a major thing)

Honestly, with the moronicly high time PvP queues at the time I quit the game I had not experienced the PvP only sledgehammer and do not know how it differs from the one before ascension. If you are refering to it being PvP only - I think I had addressed this issue in my post with the skills being locked to completely differently inappropriate content. There are a perhaps a couple of skills that have changed a little with ascension but for the most part there were no new skills being introduces with the patch and the existing skills worked the same as before - what you cast on the move you still cast on the move and what required animation lock skill requires animation lock and what stunned, still stuns and so on, and as I said before - skills were removed, sometimes removing a complete playstyle from the game. This, howerever, did not change the mechanics of the combat including how skills work.

how it differs?

they actually disabled sledge hammer in pve. made too much dmg, they couldn't balance it or whatnot. never understood why they only nerfed or rather removed it for pve and not pvp... but it was quite the major change if you played a hammering kinetic (and quite frankly, that is what i did, i love melee)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2016
    To me personally Skyforge only needs (and has always needed) an open world in order to be a great mmo. No matter how much they improve the game, it will always be dull and boring without an open world.

EDIT: you know what? it doesnt even need an open world, just make every map persistent for all players instead of being a solo instance with matchmaking.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I have never tried this one but after reading the posts it doesnt sound like one that is much fun
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    The game is fun but not fun when stuck in queue for good few hours just get in to pvp or a dungeon just to get a silly quest done.

Overall Allods Team miss the mark on this one with this update.

Down to the not having a open world it maybe due to keeping the cost down there are games like FF14 that does great with same idea with instant base world and limit on where you going and it's all about queuing up doing dungeon and raids as it's end game at the most.
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Did they ever add the ability to delete your character to start over? I WANT to start over, I do NOT want to start another account. :\
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    My God, is this steaming pile still in beta? After like, a year-plus? What, does My.com need more money to keep adding "features" to it? Maybe they should try crowdfunding.....people will throw money at any old garbage nowadays, so why not?

In all seriousness, I actually won one of the pricey founder's packs from a forum contest a while back. I think I lasted all of 2 or 3 days with this thing, it is just abominable.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote