Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nearly All Market Items 75% Off Through January 1st - Lord of the Rings Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNearly All Market Items 75% Off Through January 1st - Lord of the Rings Online - MMORPG.com

Lord of the Rings Online News - Lord of the Rings Online players who have a hankering to collect all of the expansion packs or to score game time codes or purchase Turbine points will definitely want to check out the LotRO Market where nearly everything is 75% off from now through January 1st. Expansions run from $5-10. A year's worth of game time is $99.99, while 60-days game time is a sweet $29.99.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Has anyone mentioned that Turbine is/will pass LOTRO and DDO code over to Daybreak as the teams for these two titles are forming new indie studio? Sounds to me they want to cash in some more while they can.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/standing-stone-games-–-message-rob-ciccolini
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Has anyone mentioned that Turbine is/will pass LOTRO and DDO code over to Daybreak as the teams for these two titles are forming new indie studio? Sounds to me they want to cash in some more while they can.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/standing-stone-games-–-message-rob-ciccolini

Standing Stone games is still developing Dungeons and Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Is this sale present in the in-game cash shop? Can I use TP instead of cash?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone mentioned, Nitemare? There was at least 4 (or more) news entries about it on the very site we're posting now, plus a couple forum threads... :lol:
    By the way, they're doing this sale every Xmas.

$10 USD for the Quad pack is a ton of content for cheap.
    It really is (if I remember right, you got it for $20 back then? as they say, early bird gets the... expansions on a smaller discount :wink: ), I'm saying the same to @delete5230 ; in the other thread, even if he's discouraged away from the RK by the web, the content alone well worths the price.

(speaking of early bird, remember the gog.com sale thread at Black Friday, Dragon Age complete for 7ish bucks? Now they have a sale where it is $5 :lol: Not a big loss though, it was a great sale on $7 too)

edit: wow, so many posts in-between... Immodium, nope, it is a Market sale for cash, in-game store had a quest pack / expansion sale of 35% not long ago, among the weekly sales rotation.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    And to be clear the games are not being "passed" to DBG. The people who were involved are still involved. DBG have simply been appointed as "publisher". See the link.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

immodium said:

+1 want to know aswell
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

immodium said:

Another +1. Have a good chumk of TP, but never got any of the expacs, because they've only been on sale in the market, and not the in-game store.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Sounds like a cash grab while they still can....We know this game is going down in flames its jsut a matter of when
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Po_gg said:

edit: wow, so many posts in-between... Immodium, nope, it is a Market sale for cash, in-game store had a quest pack / expansion sale of 35% not long ago, among the weekly sales rotation.
    Thanks for the info.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    "60 days game time is a SWEET 29.99" LOL what is so sweet about that
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

eddieg50 said:

Isn't that the normal price?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So nobody is bothered that the writer could not find ONE thing good to talk about the game ,just a straight up advertisement?Hear ,we have NOTHING good to say about the game but here go ahead and spend some money.

This is like posting a news article on the Toronto Maple Leafs and all that is in the article is the price of the tickets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    eddieg50 said:
    I read it initially as 6 months and was thinking maybe its time to play LOTRO some more
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Aori said:
    I might look into playing again but I don't wanna get invested without knowing the game actually has a future.. hard decision. When does the sale end?
    You are playing a game, not investing in retirement fund.

Not a hard decision at all.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Aori said:
    Kyleran said:
    Aori said:
    I might look into playing again but I don't wanna get invested without knowing the game actually has a future.. hard decision. When does the sale end?
    You are playing a game, not investing in retirement fund.

Not a hard decision at all.

You've never been invested in a game? I assume just about everyone here has gotten invested at one point or another only to be disappointed by changes or lack thereof.
    Half a loaf is better than no bread.
    Sure the game might sunset in the next 3 months, probably not but who knows, either way, if you worry too much about your gaming experience being cut short all the time you'd likely never play a game ever again, enjoy games for what they are, who knows what happens tomorrow, to the games, to ourselves. I don't regret the time i spent in SWG, in BDO, in Earth and Beyond for that matter, if i'd avoided playing them because the games were shut down, or had the gaming experience changed significantly, then i would have missed out on the bits i did enjoy, no game lasts forever, except, maybe Eve Online  :p
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Gorwe said:
    I'd like if LoTR:O was a part of All-Access. EQ 2 + DCUO + LoTR:O = oh my!
    Only problem is LOTRO and DDO are owned by a different company than EQ/EQ2/DCUO.
    It would be difficult to determine how much of the all access income should go to DBG vs SSG.

Im hopeful they can work out a deal for it to work, but Im skeptical.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    So, I've been looking at the sale prices.
    1. Is there a way to play the game for free and just buy the quest packs?  
    2. Can I buy the expansions and still play for free?
    3. What's the difference between quest packs and expansion? 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Yes, the game might go down the drain in 2017.
    Yes, it may be silly to buy all this, commit to it and see the servers go down 3 month after.

But if that means that somebody has fun for 3 month, it's still exactly 3 month more fun than i personally had with mmorpgs in the whole year of 2016.

So congrats to that guy, i wish i would have 3 month of fun with a mmorpg some time again.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Another game you have to sub. to. Notice how they never talk about those quest packs that you have to buy in game with turbine points. Its straight up greed. My account has 5 expansions bought and i still can't quest in a low lvl area like North Downs unless i pay for it. But i can do end game quest which are in the expansions. I feel like i wasted money. They have something like 10 of these quest packs that cove lvl's 20 to 50 or something like that.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Tokken said:
    So, I've been looking at the sale prices.
    1. Is there a way to play the game for free and just buy the quest packs?  
    2. Can I buy the expansions and still play for free?
    3. What's the difference between quest packs and expansion? 
    A bit more to what @Torval said above, in case I got the question beneath the lines correctly :wink:
    1. Yes, there is a way of playing for free, plenty of people does that, but it takes grinding. Lots of them. You can get LPs (the points formerly known as TPs :lol: ) from the game, and you can find everything in the Store too, so you can buy the quest packs and the expansions too for free (where free = tons of your time spent in grind).

2. Nothing is locked (I guess you mean something like AoC's former model), every unlock is final. If you buy the expansions (from the Market for cash, or from the in-game Store for LPs) they are yours, regardless of free or sub. Same goes for everything else you can buy.

3. I'd rather approach from the timeline and not the content like Torval. Game went f2p when already had 2 expansions, so that description covers what it usually means with MMOs. After that it got 3 more, all with the same meaning (large additional content, new level cap, new mechanics, new zones, etc.)

Qeust packs were introduced at the swich and means only the quests in a given zone, minus the story quests, class quests, some crafting and reputation quests, and events - those are free for everyone. But for the "meat" of a zone, you need to own that zone's quest pack.
    Early zones got their quest pack, inbetween expansions there were also a few smaller zones added with their quest packs, and after the HD expansion Turbine only released quest packs, to raise the value of the sub - since quest packs are free for subscribers (expansions are not).

So, expansions are a lot of stuff bundled together, quest packs are... pack of quests :wink:  Where things start to get complicated is the expansion quest packs :wink: In the in-game Store you can find those as well, and it's for the cherry-pickers: expansions can be bought in pieces. So if you want Moria, but don't want the instances / raids in it for example, you can buy only the quests in it for cheaper. (but if you want all, it is always better to buy the expansion)
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Thank you @Torval and @Po_gg for your answers to my questions! It makes things much clearer for me  =)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!