Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Winter Sale Dreams On Hold As Steam Goes Down - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Looks like some people too the lackluster sale a bit too seriously.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Many games on my wishlist on sale. Now to spend hours, days, probably the entire time hemming and hawing over what to buy. Frozen with indecision as I sit staring at the screen unable to decide, until suddenly the sale ends. A few days after it is over I come to my decisions but the sale is gone and I am left cursing myself and my life again.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    After buying Total War Warhammer and some DLC's I am done
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    All the new internet devices coming out with hard coded simple passwords, cars with internet connections and low computer security, manufacturers are more concerned about profit then security.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Someone got tired of "Steam Games" allowing all the F2P Games to download XingCode3, and GameGuard Root-Kits on their PC's lol...

Haven't seen any good games on steam lately anyways.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Torval said:

I think we should be advocating for people being accountable in a manner appropriate for the action or participation.
    One dollar fine for every person inconvenienced.  Minimum of 10,000.  

Whats steam's normal concurrent users?  Several million, right?

That might make people think twice.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    edited December 2016
    nvm
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

syriinx said:

Keller said:

How long till DDOS are declared an act of terrorism and the drones will start zooming in on these kids?

They do need to find ways to punish the people that do these sort of things strongly enough that they are discouraged from it.

Jail time would be ridiculous, but something like this at the very least, should go on a public record and come up in job background checks.  And fines should be severe.  

30+ years in the slammer, Plus criminal record.

That should do it.

Many ppl on this globe, noone will miss those scriptkiddies.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Did not notice the DDoS at all. What's the big fuss about?

I think people feel less inclined to DDoS if the observers and consumers stop giving so many shits.
  • jbladderjbladder Member UncommonPosts: 36

It's crazy how people say jail time is ridiculous for people who cause millions of dollars in damages with denial of service attacks. It's a purposeful thing meant to cause grief to as many people as possible. People were chanting "lock her up" in regard to emails yet DDoS attack isn't a jail sentence punishable offense? I disagree.

What about the billions in damage to social infrastructure and economic growth that certain CEO's have caused in big business over the last 30 years? How many of them ever see a day in jail? Most just buy a third country club second 150ft boat.

And anyone chanting "lock her up" apparently forgot about the last entire span of American corrupt history. Have we had any leader in any way in any realm of government or business that took it on the chin? No they are shovel it right back on the people unless they have no one else to blame and even then only a few have really stood to take the full responsibility of their position or office.

World will wake up and fix these gross imbalance issues or fail utterly in the fairly near future. this is not paranoia its simple math. Water and food equal life. Harder and harder for large swaths to get that each day. Take control of the wheel humans or find out what real failure looks like.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    zenomex said:
    Did not notice the DDoS at all. What's the big fuss about?

I think people feel less inclined to DDoS if the observers and consumers stop giving so many shits.
    So because you weren't impacted  no one should care? You're the reason why people hate millenials.