Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stella Bellum NGE Emu Server to Open on December 16th - Star Wars Galaxies - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    SWG NGE is the very example of a sandbox game with themepark features as opposed to themepark game with sandbox features. I preferred SWG NGE over WoW any day of the week.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    ApexTKM said:
    SWG NGE is the very example of a sandbox game with themepark features as opposed to themepark game with sandbox features. I preferred SWG NGE over WoW any day of the week.
    I agree. I like WoW for what it is, but SWG is so much more in regards to gaming options. If you get bored questing, you can go to space, if you get bored with space, you can craft, if you get bored with that you can decorate your house, etc...
  • AltneroAltnero Member UncommonPosts: 3
    good dev team that runs this server
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I remember playing SWG. I was a Droid Engineer and joined the Omni-Tek I believe. 

It had the best Droid class of any MMO I ever played. It was amazing. There was also the Creature Handler, and the creatures you could bring out were so weird. But the Droid was where it was at, you could even walk around INSIDE the droid...like a mech :dizzy: pretty sure I remember you could do that anyway, but its been a long time.

The release of the game I remember being the worst of any MMO though. It was so bad, I bought the game for 3 dollars only two weeks after release. I regretted my purchase, but the game got worked on and became amazing.

Too bad its long dead though, but at least there are private servers coming back :D I dunno if I could play with such ancient graphics. 3d realistic graphics don't look as good when they are old as SWG is. 2d and cartoony graphics look nice decades later.

Still, some of my best memories were from SWG. And pretty sure I was in Omni-Tek...met a lot of good people that I still talk to today that were from that faction.

LOL wrong game dude, you are thinking about Anarchy online.  Omni-tek was a faction in it, as well as engineer that had the battle droids with them.  You also threw in creature handler in there somewhere, maybe you are combining the two in your head?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    The live server is tentatively scheduled to launch on or before the 31st. They are taking their time and doing things right for the player base. The test center server is running right now and has everything that SWG has ever offered during the NGE. The live server will be an earn it based play style, but test center currently has sunrider's destiny crystals, elder robes, all vehicles/mounts and many other rare items available for issue. If you want to check it out for nostalgic reasons, go do so and you won't be disappointed. 
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    They never launched on the 16th, test center is dead, live server is dead, they had some issues and constantly are crying about how they are only 6-7 people.

Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts that these guys "as far as I can tell" really do not deserve the positive attention they seem to be getting as they are quite negative and rude and do almost nothing but trash talk other emu servers while they can't even get their own running.

Something weird about these guys. just beware of supporting them much I would say.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Braindome said:
    They never launched on the 16th, test center is dead, live server is dead, they had some issues and constantly are crying about how they are only 6-7 people.

Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts that these guys "as far as I can tell" really do not deserve the positive attention they seem to be getting as they are quite negative and rude and do almost nothing but trash talk other emu servers while they can't even get their own running.

Something weird about these guys. just beware of supporting them much I would say.
    By modern standards, well todays standards at least, SWG at its peak never had that large of a playerbase, just a couple of hundred thousand players, the NGE reduced that to just a few tens of thousands and by the time it folded the playerbase was so small that it may as well have been considered zero. Given that there is a SWG emu that is based on the only popular version that ever existed of the game, is it really all that surprising to anyone that the NGE version would struggle to gain any interest at all?
    All i can say is that personally, if given the alternatives of playing an emu version of SWG NGE, or a swift kick to the gonads, i'd tell them to take their best shot. O.o
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

OK so you guys are allowed to post a complete story about a non pre nge emu server but when i tried recommending one thats been around for years and has a solid dev team behind it i got a warning for someone saying we do not allow this type of stuff on our site what a bunch of hypocrites

if you want a true swg pre nge feeling go to www.Bloodfin.net best server you will ever find.

I got a few warnings over the years for talking about emulators, glad they lightened their stance on it :)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    You can't have a good crafting game without item decay.  Just is not possible, unless you substitute decay for destruction, like Eve did.
  • Alice82Alice82 Member CommonPosts: 2
    i'd say give https://swghope.com/forums/showthread.php?79-Project-Prepares-to-Launch-Indominus-Server a go the progress behind closed doors is amazing.
  • SWGvohplayerSWGvohplayer Member UncommonPosts: 6
    could give this server a try...this is some footage someone uploaded .
    Erillion