Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just for Fun - Pick the Date for the PU Going "Gold", Win a Prize!

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Star Citizen apologists always seem fine with moving the goalposts in order to save face.  That's not at all what going gold means.  You've simply spun the narrative until it fits what Star Citizen will look like when it releases, not what the definition of going gold is in reality.
    Call it apologists or whatever you want, it's the reality and we already know it. There's no point on playing delusional and going still pretending that all stretch goals are going to be delivered by release (gold) because they aren't, as such was already talked about. Check the OP's post before enter arguments about what it means or not as I quote "PU is released to the masses and no further wipes occur", not when the whole scope and design of the game is going to be delivered (or even if, depending of whatever might change); so that doesn't imply it.

But a gold release is a gold release, it's the release of the product; as much as the so-called going silver is used for a release candidate.

H0urg1ass said:
    The game was roundly lambasted as being the worst disaster since the Hindenburg, and you might well remember that when they decided to drop Star Citizen with 40% of it's content realized.  It will not go down in the press the way that you're apologizing for it in your mind.
    It worked for Elite Dangerous, and they still had a Massive design and promise on the whole Kickstarter times, but quickly turned into the direction of MVP first. It still had the controversy on the press and its community about how early/basic it was vs the overall expectation. It's not perfect, they'll have to find a balance between how much of that scope and design will be delivered by "1.0" and what comes after, seeing also how will the player-base accept it as well.

One can only speculate, they can both go a long-alpha/beta to complete as much as possible or the opposite. And if one earlier "1.0" is too controversial then they might just stick with the former scenario instead.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Margrave said:
    September 26, 2019

Too bad that coincide with the end of the world (according to the Mayans).

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I would estimate Dec 2019
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To me obviously when they feel they have exhausted cash shop money and feel they can get more by going "announced" release and selling a whole boat load of in game cash shop items.Notice i said announced,just think on some day,we call it day 598 it is considered non live,non released,then day 599 rolls over and all of a sudden it is some magically finished,released game....lol.
    Day 598 they are taking your money,day 599 they will be taking your money,so what is the difference?The ONLY difference will be a term used....RELEASED !!

After release i feel the game will take a lot of backlash,it will never be as good as the budget,mismanagement,likely complaints of too little content,then perhaps the good of it all will be this game alone might bring about lawful change to kickstarters and crowd funding.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    ste2000 said:
    Margrave said:
    September 26, 2019

Again?
    Yeah I have no idea what even all the stretch goals for the PU are. But to clarify - basically when you can buy the game, create a character, and it won't get deleted, just as you would in any other MMO. 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Yeah I have no idea what even all the stretch goals for the PU are.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Have fun

MVP - 20th January, 2019

Full game including all promised features - never

I would really like it if they managed to release the game with all features they promised, but I just do not believe it. Hope they prove me wrong.

From what little I know, I do not think we will see the full game with all promised features at launch. Even CR has stated it will be an MVP. 

But if it is a good game, which like you I really hope it is, I would expect to see most everything they have promised (let's say 90%) by the end of the decade. 

For the initial launch of the PU though I am only expecting a solid, if limited, experience and for other systems to be added regularly till they catch up. 

I could be wrong on all counts of course. Others here know a lot more about SC than I probably ever will. 

For me, I just want to be able to buy a little mining ship and wander the galaxy, maybe get some RP on. I'm not the type of person who makes an MMO his second job, so I'm fairly easy to please. 
    @Erillion @MaxBacon  is there a 'starter package' that includes a basic mining ship?

I keep thinking about how enthused I would be if a World of Darkness MMO was being made, and that really makes me sympathetic to the SC fan base. So I am considering purchasing a very small ship to help support the project next year.

If I did so, is there some referral code I can use that would give one of you some credit or something?

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2016
    @Erillion @MaxBacon  is there a 'starter package' that includes a basic mining ship?

If I did so, is there some referral code I can use that would give one of you some credit or something?

The smaller mining ship is no longer for sale and didn't include a starter package. idk how much it did cost but there's no problem into buying the cheapest thing and then upgrade it for something else via the store later.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
      is there a 'starter package' that includes a basic mining ship?
    At the moment ... no. There is often fan talk about a third starter ship, but so far no new one has been added.

As for referral codes ... there is a whole thread in this forum with referral codes you could use.

Have fun  
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited December 2016
    ste2000 said:
    Margrave said:
    September 26, 2019

they need stop count at some point you know ?? go do it start at 1 and keep going, you will stop at some point too

for star citizen im someone who think this will never releases, this was a scam and they keep scaming peoples and living the good life of rich peoples.

they can keep the game in alpha state forever, they are no law againt it