Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming MMORPGs: Which one is your favorite?

Comments

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    ApexTKM said:
    none on that list, The Repopulation all the way.
    isn't that canceled? At least that's what the Steam page for the game says...
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Smoey said:
    Voted Camelot Unchained as I was a massive DAoC fan boy and want it to do well. I'm looking forward to playing Albion Online (IF) it ever gets out of  its 'last' beta.

Yeah, Albion looks like a fun game.  I bought into the early access for like $20.  It's about the only EA MMO I have faith will release any time soon.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    kchisarik said:
    ApexTKM said:
    none on that list, The Repopulation all the way.
    isn't that canceled? At least that's what the Steam page for the game says...
    Yea because they are no longer selling copies of it right now. Considering the fact that they have to start making the game on a whole new engine because the other engine went rip. The Repopulation is still being worked on.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Gruug said:
    Another subjective poll that leaves out a lot of other choices.

So make your own wonder-poll.  OP already said that it's limited to 10 choices.

It is subjective because HE chose the 10 games. So, the poll only reflects what his tastes are all about. I can't take any poll that ONLY gives 10 choices that are totally at the whim of the poll taker. It makes it invalid.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited November 2016
    Smoey said:
    Voted Camelot Unchained as I was a massive DAoC fan boy and want it to do well. I'm looking forward to playing Albion Online (IF) it ever gets out of  its 'last' beta.

Yeah, Albion looks like a fun game.  I bought into the early access for like $20.  It's about the only EA MMO I have faith will release any time soon.
    Albion Online is Sandbox Interactive, couldn't be further away from EA

uh and just for the record, that's the  nature of a poll, to be at the whim of it's creator.
    might be the reason it is said that you should never trust a statistic you didn't make up yourself :)

i didn't see you give us any other options tho. guess this was just about complaining

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• mmorobommorobo Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Gruug said:
    Gruug said:

It is subjective because HE chose the 10 games. So, the poll only reflects what his tastes are all about. I can't take any poll that ONLY gives 10 choices that are totally at the whim of the poll taker. It makes it invalid.

# 10 Other.  Um, that covers everything.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I swear that my mind changes back and forth every time I hear a bit of news about Camelot Unchained, Chronicles of Elyria or Crowfall.  All three of these game look fantastic, and if all three release near each other in time, then it will be really hard to decide what to play.  I'm leaning more towards CU though if that does happen.  Aside from those three, there's very little I'm interested in that will come out in a remotely decent time frame.

Honorable mentions to The Repopulation and Star Citizen.  The Repop changed game engines after years of development under the first one, so back to square one for them.  Release will be a miracle at this point.  Star Citizen is a mixed bag of fuckery.  So many separate modules, all with different release dates, none of which are ever met... but at the same time they have a budget that some AAA MMORPG's wish they had available five years ago, so it will probably release at some point in the far future.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    ste2000 said:
    I'm surprised about New World not getting any vote. I guess that Amazon will need to show a lot more than just the short intro video to get people interested.
    At the moment we know nothing about it, there is nothing to be excited about, except for the good intentions.
    We do know a few things:
    - developed by Amazon (budget, talent, experience...)
    - open-ended sandbox, survival MMORPG
    - 17th century colonial America mixed with fantasy & horror elements
    - PvE & PvP (farmers, soldiers, monster-hunters, explorers ,etc.) 
    - big focus on emergent gameplay, exploration, freedom and social features
    - player-built villages, farms, houses
    - Twitch integration
    - Lumberyard engine (based on CryEngine architecture)
    I'm not surprised. People need more than that to get excited about. AAA studios don't have the best record recently for MMORPGs either. And there isn't a huge demand for a US history based game that I'm aware of. Sounds like a pretty limiting setting to me.
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited November 2016
    ApexTKM said:
    ste2000 said:
    I'm surprised about New World not getting any vote. I guess that Amazon will need to show a lot more than just the short intro video to get people interested.
    At the moment we know nothing about it, there is nothing to be excited about, except for the good intentions.
    We do know a few things:
    - Twitch integration
    Yea I mean the highlight of that game is the twitch integration. Some people including me don't have high hopes or excitement for it because we are smart about how we are setting our expectations for that game. Don't expect it to be anything crazy and intricate and full on sandboxy. Its gotta be something that people would want to watch on twitch.

I don't think people would want to watch someone craft or harvest for hours on end just to make that item or build stuff all day. People want to watch players getting straight into action and spending less time on that sort of stuff. So no, I'm not suprised that the game isn't gaining alot of popularity and simply insufficient information to call it a favorite over other mmos which have more info.
    Sandbox means freedom though, it's not really related to the amount of time someone will have to craft or harvest. Theme park games can have very complex crafting and harvesting systems. I agree that with the game being built with Twitch in mind, it's likely going to be designed in a way that makes it entertaining for people to watch on live streams. It could be a totally new take on how crafting work to make it exciting for viewers for example. Maybe the viewers could interact with the streamer in some ways, requesting stuff, participating in mini-games? Who knows.

I also agree about New World not gaining so much attention because of the insufficient information. The poll will hopefully still be active in a few months, so once Amazon drops more details it may have an impact on the votes here.
    edited November 2016
    Gruug said:
    Gruug said:

Exactly. It's the poll I've created, it makes sense to me that it contains the MMORPGs I've heard the most about. If you have a suggestion on how to create a more valid poll, I'm interested to know about it.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    I voted New World, :D
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited November 2016
    New World is so low key right now that I doubt all that many gamers even know of its existence. Hopefully they'll have some stuff to share soon, and the hype campaign can begin.

Then we can have rabid fanboys, who haven't even PLAYED the game yet, heralding it as the next WoW killer, the title that will enlighten all the heathens that sandbox truly is the only way of life.

Everyone will switch and play this game. EVERYONE. Even the filthiest of casuals that generally couldn't care less about sandbox games. Best thing ever. You just wait and see. ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    mgilbrtsn said:
    I haven't heard too much about new world, so it's not something I can look forward to.  I'm an information kinda guy.  The more info I have, the more or .... less that I look forward to a game.
    I wasn't very excited by any on the list as most appear to be on the far horizon. (even though I'm a CU backer)

So I'm looking forward to Albion Online, Dark and Light, and Lineage Eternal over most others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited November 2016
    I chose Camelot too as I have more faith in Mark than Brad.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited November 2016
    I am the one vote under Saga of Lucimia.

I just really like their vision and the way they are trying to achieve it.
    Agreed they've got some pretty cool ideas. I like the emphasis they put on group-based content.

• 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Im looking forward to Life is feudal

Xs fingers
  • 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218
    ApexTKM said:
    ste2000 said:
    We do know a few things:
    - Twitch integration
    Yea I mean the highlight of that game is the twitch integration. Some people including me don't have high hopes or excitement for it because we are smart about how we are setting our expectations for that game. Don't expect it to be anything crazy and intricate and full on sandboxy. Its gotta be something that people would want to watch on twitch.

I don't think people would want to watch someone craft or harvest for hours on end just to make that item or build stuff all day. People want to watch players getting straight into action and spending less time on that sort of stuff. So no, I'm not suprised that the game isn't gaining alot of popularity and simply insufficient information to call it a favorite over other mmos which have more info.
    OH HS!
    Ok now thats something.
    Looks like they are taking things like EVE radio and UOs event moderators and combining them into true live choose your own story telling. This one goes on my list too!
    TY!
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited December 2016
    I've been impressed with information for Crowfall and to a slightly lesser extent, Camelot Unchained.  However, at this point, my level of hype and trust is not sufficient enough to warrant funding/backing either of those games.  With the vessel system, skill advancement, player economy, and PvP, Crowfall reminds of of a fantasy version of Eve Online.  That's a good thing.  Having finite game worlds appeals to my desire to upend the tabletop every so often.  In theory, it should keep the game fresh.

I haven't seen enough fresh content from Camelot to warrant much judgement, but what little I've seen, including a massive battle, was impressive.  I want more information on skill advancement and how they roll out crafting.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I honestly haven't been following the development of these games too closely lately. However, I'm a big fan of what Crowfall could be. Whether or not the game pans out, only time well tell.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Pantheon for me. I am craving old school mmo mechanics
  • Zefiris8Zefiris8 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    From the list I voted for Pantheon as it looks very close in spirit to EQ1/Vanguard.  Other games not on the list that I'm looking forward to are Moonlight Blade and Lost Ark.  
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Crowfall is on my list, also CoE, CU, DU and a few others but im still a bit skeptical.

Im looking forward to Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

5Luck said:
    Im looking forward to Life is feudal

Xs fingers
    That's another MMORPG I'm now keeping an eye on. So far I've watched a few live stream of the "MMO" LiF but it was mostly about gathering repetitively herbs and other things so it was a bit boring. I'll check back in a few weeks to see if the gameplay has improved. 
    JamesGoblin
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    AoC and New world are the only titles that have me hopeful.
    There's a few others that have potential but the grapihcs just dont win me over.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Camelot Unchained, closely followed by Crowfall. The rest (CoE, GV, LiF, Pantheon...) will IMO have much more problems with the MMO part, and some of them, frankly...I am not sure will they even launch.
     W...aaagh?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file