Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For anyone looking to join Project 1999, but do not have the disks

ColossalGyroColossalGyro Member UncommonPosts: 11
edited April 2018 in Everquest
Hello all!

I have made a back-up of my EverQuest Titanium disk to share on my google drive with other EQ players that are interested in playing on the free Project 1999 classic server, but do not have access to the disks. Proceed to create a free account on https://www.project1999.com

Follow the instructions to create your forum and user account. After that, you will need to install the game and follow the directions prior to launching it so you do not try to connect to the live servers by mistake and patch the game to the point where you have to re-install. Below is the link to my EverQuest Titanium disks that are in .ISO format that I am willingly sharing with the public, which DayBreak games has given consent to P99 admins to run on the server.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MZIb3BMDjLDD-IOV-n52Pxa-GL0NwvrZ

Enjoy and I hope to see you in Norrath!
Post edited by ColossalGyro on
RoadtripGyva02atonicoSevenwindbaphametkitarad

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Wow!!! I have to bookmark your thread, Sir!!

Thank you!

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • ColossalGyroColossalGyro Member UncommonPosts: 11
    You're are most welcome. It's crazy that this disk set is selling for $200+ on Amazon because it is the only version of the game that allows players connect to the Project 1999 servers. Also, using Pie Rut Bay will expose you to virus's and most of the time you are getting a virus in popular download files such as this game. So I decided to make a safe, affordable and legal share since it is my copy that I paid for and because DayBreak games has given consent to the admins at Project 1999 to run the server. I DO NOT accept any form of payment for my time spent or for my software that I decided to share. This is simply 100% FREE to all.
    NyghthowlerMrMelGibsonCecropiaxyzercrimeItsThatGuy
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    A really cool gesture. +100
    MrMelGibsonnatpick
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Thank you for this. I've tried several times over the years to track down these discs. Even bought Platinum edition once hoping it would work. I'm online playing P99 now :)
    MrMelGibson
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Nice one dude!

Mawnee said:
    Thank you for this. I've tried several times over the years to track down these discs. Even bought Platinum edition once hoping it would work. I'm online playing P99 now :)
    Good to hear! Have fun!
  • trivialtrivial Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited August 2017
    AV is kicking dsetup.dll file as a trojan 
  • Hyperion24Hyperion24 Member UncommonPosts: 3

I just wanted to give a big thankyou to Fearsyn for having the generosity to keep these files up for such a great classic experience. It's very much appreciated. And for those wondering - the files are very safe and many use them incl myself.
    MrMelGibson
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    At least they gave permission unlike World OF Warcraft:?

Also how was EverQuest 1999? any videos :3?
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Rhoklaw said:
    trivial said:
    AV is kicking dsetup.dll file as a trojan 
    Well, considering he only has 6 posts on this website, can't exactly say he has a reputation. I'd be wary of this folks as innocent as this may seem.
    yep exactly.  I'm even leary of .imgur links etc that can be spoofed or redirected.  Any link by 3rd party anyone is suspect, as are the developers of many free servers for various mmos imo.
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    After even just reading this article I dumped my monitor and mouse into a bucket of bleach and changed my underpants just to be safe............................A link out of the goodness of my heart....What could possibly go wrong?
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Just scanned all five with Avira, all came back clean. /shrug

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    This doesn't seem right...I'm staying far away from this one....My PC is to important to me to just download anything...LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited October 2017
    This gives a nice facelift to the graphics in Titanium so try it 

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2482

Without

with

MadFrenchieSevenwind
    Chamber of Chains
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited October 2017
    This doesn't seem right...I'm staying far away from this one....My PC is to important to me to just download anything...LOL

It's all good, I downloaded the OP's 5 disc set yesterday 10/27/17 and it works fine ! 

And yes, it works on Windows 10...... Figuring out the controls is a different story, I never played this game.

Thanks OP :)
  • CurtischoyCurtischoy Member CommonPosts: 2
    Once I download and extract the ISO files (used WinZip to extract to P99 folder) how do I extract the cabinet files? Both WinRAR and WinZip are telling me that they are not valid archives.

I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2018
    You need to mount the ISOs and install it disc by disc. You can try Daemon tools if you are not on Windows 10.

Edit ahh sorry you have windows 10 hmm then may be the mount is not working try Daemon then. If you do not understand mounting ISOs there are youtube videos on it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah it's me ..THAT guy,,go play FFXi on Darkstar servers,WAY like MILES better game and will look better as well.
    I give EQ credit for being a great introduction for anyone getting into mmorpg's back in the day but FFXI far surpassed it in every form.

We can lay down the red carpet,EQ was THE game that perhaps really got the industry interested in mmorpg's,even so i always found a lot wrong with all of the EQ series designs.One MAJOR problem was the need to use altaholics instead of playing FFXI and being able to use every class on same player to build...grow your character for years.
    But hey if your content on trying EQ1,knock yourself out,perhaps learn a bit of history behind  mmorpg's but FFXi is a better game that does basically the same thing only MORE. 

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    DMKano said:
    OP - you are not realizing that the link you provided is actually piracy.

Project 99 was ok'd by SOE and now Daybreak to host the *servers* - they were NEVER given the right to distribute the client.

It even says so on their site - everyone has to obtain the client themselves - legally - as in purchasing the Everquest Titanium edition - as that's the only one that will work.

That is the legal way to play P99.

If it were OK to freely distribute the client - P99 site would have the client download there - but they can't as that is not what the agreement is.

So free client downloads of EQ Titanium edition are actually considered illegal distribution/piracy.
    I'll bet you are a riot at parties.  :)
    MrMelGibsonGyva02wingood
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CurtischoyCurtischoy Member CommonPosts: 2
    Thanks, Cheyane!

I'll try that when I get home. I haven't dealt with ISOs very much so I tried just extracting them. I didn't know you could actually run an installer as if it were the actual CD once you mounted it.

Wizardy, I won't be "trying" EQ1, I've played since about a month after it came out in 99. I've played on many servers in EQEmu including P99 but about 2 years ago my laptop HDD caught on fire and I lost almost everything on it including all my P99 files. EQ1 has tons of things that make it crazy, and tedious, and quirky, but I've loved it ever since I set foot in it 18 years ago. I've been an addict since then and I want to soak in some more EQ before Pantheon comes out. Pantheon HYPE!
  • NizumzenNizumzen Member UncommonPosts: 81
    If you look in the ISO of CD 5 there is a folder called Morte Extras which means that someone has been playing around with at least one of the ISOs which means they are not direct rips from the original CDs.

I wouldn't trust these files if I were you. But it is up to you.
    ColossalGyro
    These files have been downloaded and used by over 300 people. Not a single one has had an issue with the integrity or security. No one is asking you to download it. If you don't feel safe, then by all means, do not download. But as you can see, there are people here who have downloaded it and are not having any issues, like myself.
    DMKano said:
    Fearsyn said:
    These files have been downloaded and used by over 300 people. Not a single one has had an issue with the integrity or security. No one is asking you to download it. If you don't feel safe, then by all means, do not download. But as you can see, there are people here who have downloaded it and are not having any issues, like myself.

Stealing should always be a big issue.

Its pretty amazing to me how some here are completely ok with piracy

This version of the game is no longer supported and has been given the Green Light by Daybreak to share this version. There is no theft here. Please do not spread false information.
    craftseeker[Deleted User]jimmywolf
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    DMKano said:
    Fearsyn said:

Stealing should always be a big issue.

Its pretty amazing to me how some here are completely ok with piracy
    You absolutely need these files to be able to play the project 1999 server. Which was greenlit by Daybreak to run, they just didn't give them the greenlight to distribute the files themselves. This version of EQ is not at retail anymore, and the only way to buy it would be over Ebay or a similar service, where you are giving someone else money for the product and they would see 0 dollars out of that. 

While I may be technically advocating piracy, it's pirating a version of the game that is running on a free server that the company said is okay to run. 

To me it seems the opposite, it's amazing to me how people are willing to throw any download under the piracy category, even if the company themselves will never see a dollar of that money. 
    ColossalGyro[Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've noticed my local salvation army store has a used gaming disk section.  Perhaps some EQ disks are there also.  I can never bring myself to get rid of my old disks so I still have a quit a few.
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey