Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just for Fun - Pick the Date for the PU Going "Gold", Win a Prize!

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
Just for fun and to bring some positive vibes (I hope) to the forum. 

Pick the day, month and year that the PU is released to the masses and no further wipes occur (I believe that the PU is up but is basically skeletal and in closed alpha testing. I reserve the right to alter this contest/ edit this post if I am wrong or lacking information). 

No two people can use the same date. 

The person who is closest will receive a $10 Steam Gift Card from me or $10 or less game from Steam. Or even $10 to their SC account if that is possible. 

Once the contest is entered via replying to this forum post, the post may not be edited.

Only accounts that are at least 4 months old and have at least 100 posts are eligible. 

An account that gets banned becomes ineligible. 

So: My guess is going to be:

April 15th, 2018. 

Good luck to anyone who chooses to participate and Happy Holidays to you all!

Comments

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    What if our guess isnt a date, but that the game never leaves beta before getting shut down due to "technical difficulties" and the inability to produce a fully functioning product?

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    November, 20th, 2018.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    aslan132 said:
    What if our guess isnt a date, but that the game never leaves beta before getting shut down due to "technical difficulties" and the inability to produce a fully functioning product?

Well in that case the contest would be void. So might as well throw your hat in the ring, nothing to lose!
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Never.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2016
    Wait wait let's spice things up!

The people who got it wrong pay 10$
    All that goes to the prize of the people who got it right. ;)

In b4 I win a million dollars.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    never
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    When its ready.

Have fun
    edited December 2016
    Erillion said:
    When its ready.
    Noo! You stole it from me!

#Cheats
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Going gold? Blimey...

I reckon June 2020

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Gold? like having at least 80% of the mentioned (byCR) Gameplay?
    never

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    aslan132 said:
    What if our guess isn't a date, but that the game never leaves beta before getting shut down due to "technical difficulties" and the inability to produce a fully functioning product?

Then your reading comprehension would be considered poor since the OP asked a very specific question in regards to a very specific scenario.  You can however make a new thread that advances your particular agenda.
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    MVP about 2 days before they go bust. December 2017.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Also I am happy to give the ten bucks to hold in escrow to Bill Murphy (not sure how to tag him?) in case anyone has doubts. And I realize this account is (I think) only about 3 years old but I have been a member of the site since the start, actually was on the staff briefly. So Bill knows me at least.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016

I am gonna buy a beer to each member of  MMORPG.com if the game gets released in 2017.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited December 2016
    Star Citizen PU will release in 2016. I know this because of the epic video for the number one hit "Full Burn", which I can't find on youtube anymore, because the epicness of it transcends the internet.

aslan132 said:

This is actually the truth. It's going to be exactly like Shroud of the Avatar, but with improved fidelity.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Just for fun and to bring some positive vibes (I hope) to the forum. 

Pick the day, month and year that the PU is released to the masses and no further wipes occur (I believe that the PU is up but is basically skeletal and in closed alpha testing. I reserve the right to alter this contest/ edit this post if I am wrong or lacking information). 

No two people can use the same date. 

The person who is closest will receive a $10 Steam Gift Card from me or $10 or less game from Steam. Or even $10 to their SC account if that is possible. 

Once the contest is entered via replying to this forum post, the post may not be edited.

Only accounts that are at least 4 months old and have at least 100 posts are eligible. 

An account that gets banned becomes ineligible. 

So: My guess is going to be:

April 15th, 2018. 

Good luck to anyone who chooses to participate and Happy Holidays to you all!

Can my great grand children claim the price on June 2087?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Is "going gold" these days the same as when people who didn't pledge or buy ships have to pay new money to play the MVP? I see this thing going early accessih and staying that way for a while.

So I'm going to guess early access on April 1, 2018 and "going gold" as in "This is it... we're finished" on April 1, 2025.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Fully realized product with all modules interconnected, all stretch goals coded and implemented and every piece of concept art that they've sold as a "ship" working in game?  2020 Minimum and that's being conservative.

Released with 40% of promised features and assets in game?  Maybe late 2018.  November 7th.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    September 26, 2019
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Sometime after real life space ships become affordable for most of the worlds population
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited December 2016
    It really depends on the definition of "Gold" (which used to mean a finished product); by 'PU is released to the masses and no further wipes occur' (which I would consider, at best, beta) I'd guess they go into general early access and announce no more wipes on August 16, 2018.

Edit: I know this may take me out of the contest, but actual "Gold", sometime in 2023, assuming CR and co haven't fled to a private island by then.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    No clue honestly. All I know is that unless there's been a significant uptick in funding they're going to be getting close to running low on cash by late 2017 / early 2018. That doesn't necessarily mean they will have to close up shop, but they might have to do another push for funding or reduce staff. That's just MVP which isn't going to be anywhere close to the original scope, but w/e.

But if I have to make a guess, I'll say that they'll eek something out by Nov 2018.
    edited December 2016
    IDK some of the comments here are silly. Going gold has nothing to do with release of ALL the stretch goals of the game, game can go very much gold with half of the solar systems planned and add the rest after gold (as it is publicly known already that it will).

Gold simply means: 1.0, the version of the game that is not any alpha or beta; gold does not mean or imply all stretch goals and everything SC was ever said to be and going to have, to be in by the stable version of the game.

As you certainly all know, MMO's only stop being developed upon when they die (pretty much); Gold shall never mean the fully realization of the game, as it doesn't on any well-populated MMO, what is something rather unique to the genre.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    MaxBacon said:
    Gold simply means: 1.0, the version of the game that is not any alpha or beta; gold does not mean or imply all stretch goals and everything SC was ever said to be and going to have, to be in by the stable version of the game.
    Star Citizen apologists always seem fine with moving the goalposts in order to save face.  That's not at all what going gold means.  You've simply spun the narrative until it fits what Star Citizen will look like when it releases, not what the definition of going gold is in reality.

In fact, most games don't ever tell you what the end state is supposed to look like.  When the next Assassin's Creed comes out, you'll never know what planned features didn't make it because single player developers are usually not dumb enough to lay their plans bare.  So it's doubly imperative that Star Citizen "goes gold" with everything they've listed because they actually made a list of what the finished game looks like.  We have a litmus test available to hold up next to the final product and say "Yep, that's what they said the finished product would look like!"

MaxBacon said:
    As you certainly all know, MMO's only stop being developed upon when they die (pretty much); Gold shall never mean the fully realization of the game, as it doesn't on any well-populated MMO, what is something rather unique to the genre.

If only FunCom had been able to sell the playerbase on this ideology in 2008 when they released a game with half the planned features missing.  Everyone and their mother lined up to remind all involved that MMO's are always in development and that the missing content was coming.... hell no they didn't.  

The game was roundly lambasted as being the worst disaster since the Hindenburg, and you might well remember that when they decided to drop Star Citizen with 40% of it's content realized.  It will not go down in the press the way that you're apologizing for it in your mind.

Yes, MMO's are always in development after release.  They need to produce more content in order to keep their players interested and spending money.  If you're focusing instead on stretch goals and spaceships that you sold years earlier, then you're not working on additional content.  Playing catch-up is absolutely 100% not the same as continuing development.  Especially since people already paid for that content.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Kefo said:
    Sometime after real life space ships become affordable for most of the worlds population

You are in for a very long wait.......