Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re: Can You?

TheematrixzTheematrixz Member Posts: 19

I have always been an eq hater. But with the coming of EQ2, it is starting to sound great. I dont know some things though.

Does anyone know?

1) Does your character have secondary body movements (i.e. can he jump, climb, etc.) Or can he just walk/run/etc?

2) Is the attack system going to be point/click, or does the player have some control?

The character being able to jump/climb/get to complicated areas is a big thing for me. weird huh? Thanks to anyone who knows.

-CK

Killer 93%
Achiever 60%
Socializer 26%
Explorer 20%

Comments

• VagorVagor Member UncommonPosts: 33

I think they will allow you to jump like in eq1 but they may not it has not yet been confirmed, I highly doubt they will allow you to climb or anything like that because people will generally find an exploit of some kind and not tell anyone about it. (getting on rocks and poaching creatures in AC2) so they may not add it since it would cause more problems than anything. Also the combat is point and click to start the fight but they have said there will be many abilities and spells to choose from during a battle and knowing when to use them will require some skill so it won't be mind numbing combat like eq1 with little or no imput from you.

The end is only the begining.

The end is only the begining.

• TheematrixzTheematrixz Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for ur reply =) I hope u can, it will make the game sooooo great. and i hope the fighting sys. is like gothic.. so i have 100% control

--KAS--
    Killer 93%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 26%
    Explorer 20%
    <A HREF="http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/test.cgi">What are you?</A>

Killer 93%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 26%
    Explorer 20%

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

WQ1 allows you to jump and to climb ladders (which are fairly rare). I expect EQ2 will be similar.

I don't like games that don't at least allow you to jump. It makes me feel trapped in two dimensions.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201
    Keep something in mind.  In EverQuest, jumping is there, yes, but it's pretty much pointless.  It's not like they put in jumping puzzles for you to solve.  It's very, very rare that a jump is going to help you get somewhere you can't get by simply running there.

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    That's very true. For that matter, simply running forward at anything lower than waist level will allow you to get on top of or over it, and you can run up nearly vertical surfaces by running along them at a slight angle. EQ is very forgiving with vertical movement, making jumping and climbing extremely rare necessities.

• TheematrixzTheematrixz Member Posts: 19
    Have any of you ever played gothic? or G2? The controls arent the easiest, so a lot of ppl dont like it, but the graphics are great.. anyways.. the reason i bring it up is because the jumping/climbing mechanism is awesome. If you have, then you will know what i am expecting in eq2.

Killer 93%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 26%
    Explorer 20%

Killer 93%
    Achiever 60%
    Socializer 26%
    Explorer 20%